Thread: Meet Mrwallacejr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Level 20 to 24

A lots of things change in this phase. Happy stompy times are over, at level 22 you get Beckon. And that means, time to do your job. From now on you’ll need a really good reason if you use Stomp without Beckon to a wall before.
    When I first used Beckon level 1, I understood why so many bear never level this skill - it seems completely useless. But once you have Beckon at level 3 or 4 you see what it’s meant for.
    Fathom Crypt until 22 and Lost Expedition from 23 on have great maps to practise your tank cycle, lots of narrow hallways.

Stats:Enough Dex for the Sivering set, all stat points until 30 will go into Str.
    Skills: Max Hell Scream, then put every new point into Beckon.
    Gear: Level 20 plat pack, but sticked to the Armsman plate...
    Play style: Major change at level 22: Run taunting to a wall, beckon, silently laugh about the weak beckon, stomp mobs into the wall.

Level 25 to 29

Basically, the bear is done at level 27. You have maxed Rage, Stomp, Hell Scream and Beckon, that’s all the tools you need to make your team love you - or hate you when you mess it up. But yeah, that’s what playing bear is about.
    Swamps from level 28 on mean tanking with high difficulty, most maps are very wide open, so you need to have a good timing to pile up mobs.

Stats: More Str..
    Skills: After Beckon is maxed, time for some personalization. By now you should know what is important for your playing style. If you need high armor, put your points into Iron Blood. For a ninjalike dodge start maxing taunt. Or you you love to beat up single mobs, put points into SMS.
    I went with ninja, so I started to max out taunt.
    Gear: I bought something! A purple Demon’s Claw, a purple 27 Bone Tunic. I already had a level 25 Wing Shield of Legend and a 27 Sniper’s Penguin Snowcap. The gear looks terrible (Bone Tunic ew!) but has nice enough stats to bring me to level 30.
    Play style: Just be a bear... Buff, Taunt, Beckon to a corner, wall or tree, Hell Scream, Stomp. Repeat. If you end up with four friend requests after every PUG you did it right.

Level 30 to 34

From now on you only have to get used to the new maps being unlocked. What you do pretty much stays the same.
    In AO1 I first met other bears with a strong enough beckon to scatter my neatly arranged mob piles. It’s like the Balefort Sewers on sand .

Stats: I will keep Shivering until 41, so for now all goes into Str...
    Skills: Maxing out taunt, then maxing out Evade: I want to be dodgy!
    Gear: Shivering Talon set, Iceberg Frosty Hatchet set
    Play style: No change...

Level 35 to 39

At level 38 you can finally go to AO2, where the hallways are narrow and full of big mob groups. It’s bear paradise, nothing less.

Stats: Made the mistake to put enough into Str to wear Copperhead, and then found out that I only wear it as town cloths, while playing never changed from Shivering talon.
    Skills:More Evade! Then putting points into Iron Blood.
    Gear: Shivering Talon set, Copperhead set
    Play style: No change...

Level 40 - 44

At level 43 it’s “Welcome to AO3” and also “You have been booted for the reason: Low”. I tried to find some games with maximum level 49 to level up and unlock all maps, level 50+ boot a tiny level 43 bear nearly every game. But even if most people say different, it’s no problem to finish all AO3 with a level 45 team. You don’t need a level 56 to beat the Overlord.

Stats:Kinda tricky, always calculating how much is needed for the next gear in my stash.
    Skills: Maxing out Iron Blood.
    Gear: 41 / 43 Scarab of Horus, 39 / 41 / 43 Sniper leather...
    Play style: Not much change, just have to be a bit faster, because of the lacking armor with bow

Done! Level 45!

As always: click for bigger pic

So that’s it. Now I got a level 45 farming bear with overpowered gear . So if you want to farm 45 gear in AO3 too, please add Mrwallacejr.

Stats: Dual spec is a pain. There are barely enough points to wear Dex and Str gear, but after finding the right boost gear it works. My final stats are 110 Str and 119 Dex.
    Skills: So not sure where to put the last skill point. Decided to use it for Crushing Blow for some extra boss fighting advantage. Maybe I’ll respec and put the two points from Vengeful and Crushing into SMS...
    But generally I put my points into buffs and the taunt-beckon-hell scream-stomp cycle.
    Gear: Trueshot bow, Raptorhide leather and Horus cap as Dex setup, Osiris gear with Battleforged helm and Zuraz lance as Str setup.
    Play style: Find your favorite beckon spots in each map and just do your work
    Last edited by Mr.Wallace; 07-19-2011 at 10:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Wallace For This Useful Post: