Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends 1.0.1 has been submitted to Apple!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkcecil View Post
    I feel bad for devs and am extremely disappointed in apple and there app approval system.
    How can you be disappointed in something you know nothing about? You're assuming that it's all Apple's fault since STS has pointed the blame at them. It's an approval process, the rules might be strict but the goal is the same for both companies: release a bug free game so that it's available for players to download, then sit back and profit. STS got their beta so now the game should have been tested enough to pass a anyone's approval process, since it's still not up I can only assume that Apple found issues with the app and it's now up to STS to polish them. The news of the launch on Android just proves that STS is getting fed up with how picky Apple is being as it serves no purpose but to put the game out there now instead of waiting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    How can you be disappointed in something you know nothing about? You're assuming that it's all Apple's fault since STS has pointed the blame at them. It's an approval process, the rules might be strict but the goal is the same for both companies: release a bug free game so that it's available for players to download, then sit back and profit. STS got their beta so now the game should have been tested enough to pass a anyone's approval process, since it's still not up I can only assume that Apple found issues with the app and it's now up to STS to polish them. The news of the launch on Android just proves that STS is getting fed up with how picky Apple is being as it serves no purpose but to put the game out there now instead of waiting.
    Your right but at the same time I find it odd that apple is being so picky, even so I am disappointed in the pickyness of apple plus I like hundreds of others have been waiting for 7 weeks I believe and that's just a large amount of time to approve an app but nothing I can do.
    55 enchantress (Dex Mage)-Keasha
    35 Archer (str bird)-Mkcecil
    36 Warrior (pure str)
    35 enchantress (pvp mage)-Kittenkaster

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Your right but at the same time I find it odd that apple is being so picky, even so I am disappointed in the pickyness of apple plus I like hundreds of others have been waiting for 7 weeks I believe and that's just a large amount of time to approve an app but nothing I can do.
    I agree that it has been quite a wait, but after how long do you just decide to let something get released before you feel it's ready? Plenty of console games rushed to their deadline, only to release a buggy game. I'm not saying anything negative about SL, just that perhaps Apple has their reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:379003
    I feel bad for devs and am extremely disappointed in apple and there app approval system.
    Reason why the let Android release full game was because Apple didn't want the cross-currency between the games like all the other MMO's on computer and what not. IMO Apple are some greedy bastards that only want money. You can read about in an article that was written about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy Watch the language

Hey come one watch the language, there are many younger players who use the forum. Whilst all of us Apple users are disappointed at the wait, you must assume there is good reason for it. As many have said Apple basically want income, it benefits no one to hold the game back longer than needed. No of us know the real reason for the delay, but I for one would rather wait an extra week for a finished bug free program. If it were released prematurely, full of bugs, you would all be complaining.

So why don't you all just take a patience pill, all the moaning in the world will not speed things up.

Many thxs
    LadyT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yeah, I know. But I took a patience pill weeks ago and it wore off.

Apple better not be giving preference to big game companies over small ones. I always liked Apple because they were the underdogs, but if they are turning into the overseers, they will lose people like me.

I don't choose my OS based on the availability of a game, but I do take into consideration corporate ethics. That's why I had issues with MicroSoft. But you know, when Jobs and Gates are compared to each other as human beings, Jobs does not fare well. If they are in collusion, they won't get away with it for long. Everyone is deluded, including me, but ethically challenged people think themselves above the law, and they become arrogant, and they slip up. So trust the mechanism of the universe; instant karma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My patience pill wore off yesterday and now I'm just saddened by the apple company for taking so long, if it doesn't come out next week its quite evident this game isn't coming out ( IMO ) And I'll just go back to PL and order&chaos and forget about this game completely :/ probably should have done that weeks ago but either way I am glad it's a game that droid players can play, have fun and good luck
    36 Warrior (pure str)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yes, many, many kudos to JustG, Asommers, Cinco, and Jakis for their own FOUR-YEAR Helm of Tenacity. They stuck with their dream and didn't let go. Their game was dumped once, but they did not give up. They found success through another game, but they came back to their first one. And now it is real, despite what ANY big self-appointed judge/jury/executioner might do to stop them. If it only exists as an Android game, then so be it. I am ashamed of Apple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now if only they would bring back empire of night!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Durnam View Post
    now if only they would bring back empire of night!!!!!!
    Huh?
    36 Warrior (pure str)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huh?
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009...905318,1.shtml

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh neat!! I wanna play
    36 Warrior (pure str)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well all I know is that if apple doesnt release it soon they are gonna lose a lot of paying customers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Well all I know is that if apple doesnt release it soon they are gonna lose a lot of paying customers
    I'm pretty sure Apple lost it!
    Has it been a month now? Or just three weeks since submitting it?

Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This wait is ridiculos I hope apple knows they are pieces of crap to me I hate this people are gonna max out on lvls before we even get to play. The devs worked so hard. Also why have we not been told if it was rejected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I always liked Apple because they were the underdogs, but if they are turning into the overseers, they will lose people like me.
    Apple has a market cap of over 330 billion dollars, twice as large as Google, more than 50% larger than Microsoft and at least briefly the largest company in the US, based on market cap (putting Exxon in #2 position). A very successful underdog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    This wait is ridiculos I hope apple knows they are pieces of crap to me I hate this people are gonna max out on lvls before we even get to play. The devs worked so hard. Also why have we not been told if it was rejected
    Because it hasn't been rejected. If news comes out on the date as to when it will be released, I'm sure STS is as eager as us to hear of it.

To be honest, I don't know what's taking too long either. I thought that the plat issue was keeping it stalled, either there's more or Apple has a very bad queue efficiency.

If it's not out by this week, then something seems fishy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To add to the mystery surrounding the delay/rejection of the iOS release of SL, here is an in-game screenshot from the recently released Exitium - Saviors of Varnia, which is currently a FEATURED app in the iOS AppStore:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Soooooo.....Universal Plat!? Hmmmmm. Weird!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shannong View Post
    To add to the mystery surrounding the delay/rejection of the iOS release of SL, here is an in-game screenshot from the recently released Exitium - Saviors of Varnia, which is currently a FEATURED app in the iOS AppStore:

Actually they discussed this on another thread and it's not on android market, so if STS like made pocket legends and star legends iOS only then universal plat wouldn't have gotten in the way, but because of universal plat between the 2 phones, it was in the way of release of star legends, let's hope they will plan on releasing it this year
    36 Warrior (pure str)