Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Comprehensive Operative Skills and Equipment Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I agree with what your saying in regards to the numbers. I guess my point was perhaps there is something beyond the numbers. I recall the Dev's somewhere posting that the main attribute would be more important in SL. anyhow. I'd like to run some tests with you sometime of one set of gear versus another. Same builds and skills used, just different gear.

IGN: kraz, krazi, krazii
    Last edited by krazii; 09-02-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: ign's

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    I agree with what your saying in regards to the numbers. I guess my point was perhaps there is something beyond the numbers. I recall the Dev's somewhere posting that the main attribute would be more important in SL. anyhow. I'd like to run some tests with you sometime of one set of gear versus another. Same builds and skills used, just different gear.
    A character's main stats DID affect their skill damage to a degree...but I've tested out full STR versus full DEX Operative after the last 2 patches or so, and skill damages remained the same, sadly. Add me in-game (tell me your in-game name too) if you want to test things out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thank you thank you thank you - I couldn't find that post although ppl had told me it exists!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Hit% is of no issue to Operatives. If you're using a Desert rat set, you can use the 5 damage implant or the 50 armor implant (for tough areas). If you're using the Platinum Outlaw set, you can use the 3 crit implant to get your crit to an incredible 19%...probably the highest you can get in SL atm.

My current set up is basically Outlaw + Outlaw dual pistols + 3 crit implant. 3 Ops with this set-up and with the right skills = destruction on all maps.
    Nice info thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Very nice info. An update would be great, if you need any help getting skill stats for precision or anything I'd be happy to respec for you. Also I have all stats for chromaweave, custom chromaweave, and swindlers gear, if u need.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I completely disagree with the reasons my some of these skills are low or at zero because you are unknowing about a no defense-type class.

I'm arguing about how Operatives have no defense...so you would have a whole skill the uses evasion since there is not any increases on Dodge...or anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veebehal Lockhart View Post
    I completely disagree with the reasons my some of these skills are low or at zero because you are unknowing about a no defense-type class.

I'm arguing about how Operatives have no defense...so you would have a whole skill the uses evasion since there is not any increases on Dodge...or anytime soon.
    Lol, Phys not knowing anything about no-defense (ranger) classes.

No wonder he was named one of the first SG's, his operative guides have been so useless! /sarcasm

Keep in mind it was a 26 skill build. This isn't PL where you can afford to pretty much max almost all skills. Either go all out or none at all, IMO.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Very nice info. An update would be great, if you need any help getting skill stats for precision or anything I'd be happy to respec for you. Also I have all stats for chromaweave, custom chromaweave, and swindlers gear, if u need.
    Currently updating the thread Had some health-related issues the past week or so which hindered my efforts. It would be great if you could provide stats for those sets (minus any implants)!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebehal Lockhart View Post

Tbh, I don't understand your post at all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

To begin with, due to time constraints, I have almost entirely focused on PL.

But looking at SL, I note that PvP seems to be the most talked about issue.

On paper, Ops can dominate PvP:

1. Buff: Precision + blur
    2. Stun: Lurch + Flames (or root)
    3. Debuff: Amplify Pain (and maybe Psychic Lash)
    4. Finish it off: Sympathetic Anguish, Mind Wrack, etc.

Statically, any counter would have an expected outcome against an op of less than 0.5. They have the dodge and crit advantage via buffs, to say nothing of the maximum single target damage inherent in their skills.

For people who feel that PL PvP is broken.... barring a major rebalance or a PvP significantly different from PL, things could be different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

+ 60 crit; very similar to blessings of might from PL mages; very high burst damage.

On that note, in PvE people should max out precision just like in PvP. In battle, hold back all of your skills until they are fully recharged. Then when ready, hit precision and unload ALL damage oriented skills. This will ensure maximum damage output as it has the highest probability of crits. While precision recharges, continue spamming skills as they recharge or where necessary (ex: lurch is probably not something to spam). Because of its short duration you may only get 2 shots from the fastest recharging skills while under buff.

Then when precision recharges again: It's well worth holding spells off as soon as precision recharges the next minute rather than firing skills as they recharge until all skills recharge. Then hit precision and let everything off again.

The only weakness is that you may get a lot of aggro. Lurch is highly advised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Right let's get this Op levelled......

Re: skills and the order it seems to fall into place nicely. Level the first 6 as you advise and then the next one appears at level 16 anyhow.... Worried about pots at lower levels.... I better grab a handful.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand