Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Guide] The Curse of Cryostar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Great introduction guide to the Underhul maps, I added some things I noticed when soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    NOTICE

Bosses

Heston & Preston:
    Name:  Heston and Preston.png
Views: 3049
Size:  175.1 KB
    Heston's Abilities:
    Heston can summon boulders and a fire pool. His fireball will initially look like a small flare from the sky, when it touches down in about 5-6s it explodes into a lava pool that damages you if you stand on it. The boulders don't seem to stun you though they will damage you.
    Firepool & the small fire on the ground:
    Name:  Heston Fire ground.jpg
Views: 2939
Size:  16.6 KB
    I would also like to add, the fire patches will increase heston & preston's armor when they are standing in the patch. I don't see any icons that suggest my damage was reduced.

Preston's Abilities:
    Preston uses an ice type move that freezes the player for at least 2-4s. He also spawns a "flag" that summons 4 silver colored beetles (beetle mob) that ram you, stun you and giving Preston the upper hand to attack you further, A crystal that de-buffs your speed when you get close to it (this can be ignored by using stun immunity abilities/skills).
    Name:  Preston crystal.jpg
Views: 2866
Size:  8.2 KB
    Name:  Preston Flag.jpg
Views: 2909
Size:  13.0 KB
    Preston's freeze attack happens when you run over the white orb he tosses. Also, I have not seen any way to cancel out the Heston's stones from falling, (other than stunning) these stones will stack their dmg.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2277
Size:  232.8 KB

Mobs

Cryostar Shaman
    Name:  Cryo Shaman.jpg
Views: 2861
Size:  15.1 KB

Abilities:

She summons to types of "flying-fireballs". The green color'd floating balls heal the shaman, the red color'd floating ball attack the player, each attack hits at a rate of about .5 per second so that's about 2 shots of fireballs per second and the fireballs slow your speed down. Nekro shield didn't help me, neither did razor shield help me negate the speed slowdown.

PLEASE NOTE: Killing the shaman doesn't mean the fireballs will disappear, you'll have to kill the fireballs too as they're not connected with the shaman. The fireballs are mobs themselves
    The red orb tower will do more dps the closer you get to it. When you are affected with the red orb, it will also create a bleeding effect.
    Will up load photo later

Staff gnome
    Name:  Basket gnome yellow pool spawner.jpg
Views: 2970
Size:  20.0 KB
    Pool + Stun + damage
    Name:  Yellow pool stun gnome.jpg
Views: 2800
Size:  19.7 KB
    Abilities:
    This gnome spawns yellow pools that will stun you, damage you ONLY if you were standing on it. The stun lasts for about 2-4 seconds, the pools will disappear after about 10 seconds, Any other mob that stands on the yellow pool will be granted a shield (nekro shield + razor shield) that will increase their defensive capabilities. Also note, you will damaged every second for standing on the pool.
    These little baldies that pack a green mushroom are quite clever. Not only do they do what you describe above, their gold circles stack, and I believe increase their armor if the baldies are standing in the gold circle, however outside of circle, their armor is quite low, best to take these guys out first especially when two are present.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post: