Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding stuns in maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Regarding stuns in maps

First off, I have enjoyed these maps so far, and found the mobs to be interesting and varied with good, well-spaced groupings. The bosses are also unique and interesting to fight. Thank you for the work on this.

Could the devs please look at the stuns though? They seem very long in duration, and the lack of stun immunity means getting chain-stunned is fairly common. As a rogue I can deal with it for the most part by alternating necro and razor, but for other classes anyone, without necro will be essentially screwed. Historically, there have been different environmental effects in each season - poison pools, ice, panic, slows etc., but the last 3 seasons in a row have been progressively longer and more frequent stuns. Disabling characters every few seconds doesn't make the game difficult, it interrupts the flow of play and makes it annoying.

Necro is affordable now, yes, but many players enjoy using a variety of pets and don't want to be forced to rely on the same one the entire time they play. After all, the fun part of an MMO is playing with different setups - which STS is starting to provide with more skill and gear options. However, forcing everyone to use the same skills and pet in order to remain functional in the new maps takes away from that. I'm not saying get rid of them completely, but maybe make the stuns shorter and a bit less frequent than "every second hit". Before speccing razor and switching to necro, I spent more time waiting for stuns to wear off than I did actually killing stuff. This means other classes and lesser-petted players will have a less-than-enjoyable time unless they always run with multiple necro players.

Just my opinion, thanks.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I agree, and I am a mage who doesn't use arcane shield (at least in normal maps), and although I have nekro, I find toor better for these maps. The chain stun is pretty intense.

Maybe a slight reduction in the time of the stun (from the bugs)
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

True, I'm still using razor shield because of the super long stuns!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I have started bringing violet with me on the new maps, her as gives stun immune for you and your pt

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I have started bringing violet with me on the new maps, her as gives stun immune for you and your pt
    Ohhh good idea!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Talking about stuns. I used Kelvin on Jadis Gearloose. I noticed that the stun doesnt cancel Jadis' ability/special attack (gale/fire while being on the machine). I don't know if we can take this as a bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yes long time stun + after zero mana and never help war heal shield and nekro shield. never run solo in normal map. stun stun stun with mana and heal speedy down

i thng if want run this map need strong teammates. because this normal maps same elit maps power. 1 war + 2 rog and 1 mage maybe nice combination.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wwwgagacomtr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I hate it, I've played the new maps, but I hate super long stuns and chain stunning. STS wants us to buy those stupid anti-stun potions for 30 plat. Unreal, they make maps unplayable unless you buy something to prevent it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I experienced the least stuns w mage group. Next least deaths, stuns was w 3 warriors. Rogues dont seem to be able to avoid stuns, slow well but are amazing on bosses. I think that means 2-3 warrior/mages w rogue/s. Two warriors w aegis and a magma really hold aggro and can do huge pulls. Rogues and mages just have to stand back and pewpewpew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    First off, I have enjoyed these maps so far, and found the mobs to be interesting and varied with good, well-spaced groupings. The bosses are also unique and interesting to fight. Thank you for the work on this.

Could the devs please look at the stuns though? They seem very long in duration, and the lack of stun immunity means getting chain-stunned is fairly common. As a rogue I can deal with it for the most part by alternating necro and razor, but for other classes anyone, without necro will be essentially screwed. Historically, there have been different environmental effects in each season - poison pools, ice, panic, slows etc., but the last 3 seasons in a row have been progressively longer and more frequent stuns. Disabling characters every few seconds doesn't make the game difficult, it interrupts the flow of play and makes it annoying.

Necro is affordable now, yes, but many players enjoy using a variety of pets and don't want to be forced to rely on the same one the entire time they play. After all, the fun part of an MMO is playing with different setups - which STS is starting to provide with more skill and gear options. However, forcing everyone to use the same skills and pet in order to remain functional in the new maps takes away from that. I'm not saying get rid of them completely, but maybe make the stuns shorter and a bit less frequent than "every second hit". Before speccing razor and switching to necro, I spent more time waiting for stuns to wear off than I did actually killing stuff. This means other classes and lesser-petted players will have a less-than-enjoyable time unless they always run with multiple necro players.

Just my opinion, thanks.
    The problem is that nekro shield or juggernaut from tanks do not work on 1 or 2 types of stun, and the terrible snare from "fireball tower" ALWAYS works (same for other snare on bosses)..ignore any immunity ability or skill!

But the major problem, during the last week, is this horrible horrible lag..impossible to play. Constant spiking and freezing, literally, every second..-.-

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Talking about stuns. I used Kelvin on Jadis Gearloose. I noticed that the stun doesnt cancel Jadis' ability/special attack (gale/fire while being on the machine). I don't know if we can take this as a bug
    It is..also arcane sword is not stunning on many of the mobs when proc is on..should be stunning on 100% of hits, like it says on proc's description; and on bosses..well does not stun at all! 20% chance on boss is more like 0%.. =/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Lag is definitely unplayable. As for the fire towers, once they spawn, move the whole mob group outside of them. Each shaman only spawns 1 set of fire towers and they only fire one direction. I think mage gale counteracts it which is nice for mages.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 04-02-2016 at 08:50 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Difficulty...? What? Am I missing something here?

I had no issues running through the glint campaign maps on my Nekro-less mage. I wouldn't try solo'ing at the moment due to lag, though.
    I just joined pug maps and ran it if there was any random warrior in game (with the free mythic set out, most lvl 46+ warriors have decent defense & can take hits). 90% of the time my ping was red...around 1k. I died twice through all this...and that was from lagging hard at 1.5k ping and not knowing I was being hit. During my fight at Gladis...I was at a pretty steady of 1.3k ping the whole time. Some how others died and had no ankhs. I never died while being alone and was hurting him plenty (meaning I wasn't running to the corners and spamming health potions); at moments I was pretty much solo'ing him in a 4 person game despite terrible ping.

The ping is so bad I really can't even tell much of anything about any mobs. So far:
    -Big worms have decent health, but are easy. Mini and also easy worms appear after killing the big one.
    -The yellow circles are dot and deal decent damage (although probably even less than I think, since I'm probably in them for twice as long as I realize due to the lag). Just move our of them.
    -I still have no idea what those green orb things are. They don't seem to do damage and are easy to kill. Maybe they heal/boost def of mobs? I don't know, so I just kill it first real quick.
    - Still don't know anything about the Orange orb either. All I know is that it is an easy +1 to my kill count.

And that's it. Mobs aren't an issue. Bosses seem underwhelming. I'm lagging so hard I cant even tell what does what, yet I'm safe and mobs crumble quickly.

I'm a bit perplexed at why people want things to be even easier? A couple stuns in a row are annoying, but didn't leave me frustrated.

Nordr started out actually hard but was still doable. Then it was nerfed...more than once.
    Shuyal was easy. But still nerfed.
    Ren'gol was challenging (elites specifically...normal, not so much) but nerfed.
    I wasn't playing for the start of garretta...but I'd be willing to bet that received an unnecessary nerf, too?
    And here we are at the glint maps...the elite ones haven't even been released yet, but people are already calling for everything to be nerfed?!

No wonder I get so bored with AL. *sigh*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I think the green orbs regen health for the worms or what ever is close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I agree with the stun point.

I don't have nor can I afford a Nekro (yea yea "poor nab" lol)
    My arc shield, however, says it will remove all debuffs (and I usually always use it on charge)
    But it kind of defeats the purpose of using it for removing a stun if the stun prevents me from using my shield...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thank you for this post, I'm a mage who doesn't use arcane shield at all and these new maps are kicking my azz. I've defeated them all but man did it take forever. You get stunned for about half an hour and then these orcs toss you across the entire map and right into a mob of 300 enemies all waiting to continually stun you and toss you some more. There are times where you'd be lucky to even get a chance to attack.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sinfuldito83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Difficulty...? What? Am I missing something here?

I had no issues running through the glint campaign maps on my Nekro-less mage. I wouldn't try solo'ing at the moment due to lag, though.
    I just joined pug maps and ran it if there was any random warrior in game (with the free mythic set out, most lvl 46+ warriors have decent defense & can take hits). 90% of the time my ping was red...around 1k. I died twice through all this...and that was from lagging hard at 1.5k ping and not knowing I was being hit. During my fight at Gladis...I was at a pretty steady of 1.3k ping the whole time. Some how others died and had no ankhs. I never died while being alone and was hurting him plenty (meaning I wasn't running to the corners and spamming health potions); at moments I was pretty much solo'ing him in a 4 person game despite terrible ping.

The ping is so bad I really can't even tell much of anything about any mobs. So far:
    -Big worms have decent health, but are easy. Mini and also easy worms appear after killing the big one.
    -The yellow circles are dot and deal decent damage (although probably even less than I think, since I'm probably in them for twice as long as I realize due to the lag). Just move our of them.
    -I still have no idea what those green orb things are. They don't seem to do damage and are easy to kill. Maybe they heal/boost def of mobs? I don't know, so I just kill it first real quick.
    - Still don't know anything about the Orange orb either. All I know is that it is an easy +1 to my kill count.

And that's it. Mobs aren't an issue. Bosses seem underwhelming. I'm lagging so hard I cant even tell what does what, yet I'm safe and mobs crumble quickly.

I'm a bit perplexed at why people want things to be even easier? A couple stuns in a row are annoying, but didn't leave me frustrated.

Nordr started out actually hard but was still doable. Then it was nerfed...more than once.
    Shuyal was easy. But still nerfed.
    Ren'gol was challenging (elites specifically...normal, not so much) but nerfed.
    I wasn't playing for the start of garretta...but I'd be willing to bet that received an unnecessary nerf, too?
    And here we are at the glint maps...the elite ones haven't even been released yet, but people are already calling for everything to be nerfed?!

No wonder I get so bored with AL. *sigh*
    I'm sorry, but where did I ask for a nerf or for the maps to be made easier?

There is nothing difficult about stuns - all they do is interrupt the flow of play. Basically they are a waste of time. When almost every single mob in the map is a stun mob, it is just silly. I'd rather have mobs that do more damage and have more hp than sit there watching my character bent over with circling stars for half the run. All increasing the length of the stun does is waste more time. I didn't bring up the issue because I found it hard - I just hate having to repeatedly stop and wait to play again.

Add in the server lag issues and people just log out. But the server lag is a completely different topic, and I believe there are already 56328 threads on that.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I'm sorry, but where did I ask for a nerf or for the maps to be made easier?

There is nothing difficult about stuns - all they do is interrupt the flow of play. Basically they are a waste of time. When almost every single mob in the map is a stun mob, it is just silly. I'd rather have mobs that do more damage and have more hp than sit there watching my character bent over with circling stars for half the run. All increasing the length of the stun does is waste more time. I didn't bring up the issue because I found it hard - I just hate having to repeatedly stop and wait to play again.

Add in the server lag issues and people just log out. But the server lag is a completely different topic, and I believe there are already 56328 threads on that.
    Sorry, Serancha. You indeed didn't bring up difficulty. I was more addressing the other comments (in this thread and others) about 'too difficult.' And also the annoying ping issue. And a little on the stuns.

I was trying to tie everything together in a neat little package of a post but...maybe the wifey is right and I'm starting to become a rambling old man. :P

But more on stuns: are you attempting to solo/two person the maps? I never felt like I was being constantly stunned-- and I don't even know which things all really cause the stuns (again, too much lag to really tell what exactly is happening). I think part of that is due to always being in a full pug. With 4 players, the number of stuns per player is reduced. Also, I allowed the warriors I came across the be a punching bag and take on a bigger share of the stuns. ^.^
    Perhaps sts has more stun mobs in an attempt to make players want a 4 player group instead of the usual player-preferred 3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Like I said I bring violet and she gives stun immune to pt so that's not my issue

Its the slow from those orbs, it never goes away till you kill them, you try to run past them and your slowed to a crawl for the rest the map

How bout putting a time limit on that

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Could the devs please look at the stuns though? They seem very long in duration, and the lack of stun immunity means getting chain-stunned is fairly common.

Just my opinion, thanks.
    **edit After running the maps with full party of three, one of each class, I see no reason for changes. Bring on the elites
    below was when i soloed.**

I think the attack range on the beetles need to be adjusted. See in photo below, their attack range surpasses the range of aimed shot. If this was adjusted i think the stuns are fine. The beetles have low armor and are an easy kill providing you get them before you are stunned

The beetle above stunned me when it was sitting between the flower and the small group rocks. Then came to attack. (The pet Violet is useful here but cd is too long, gives three second stun immunity)

The towers that produce orbs.

Orange orb towers slows and damages the affected player, the farther away you get from the tower, the slower you are, the closer you are, the more dmg you receive. BUT if you destroy the tower when the player is out of range the orb continues to affect the player until the next orange tower is summoned and destroyed.
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-03-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post: