I see.

Ok post respec I like this:
    6 Empathy
    1 Res
    1 Force Shield
    5 Protection
    5 Transference
    1 Pain
    This is a very nice looking build, I will have to try it out.

The only thing I am hesitant about is the 1 point of Force Shield. This seems a little pointless IMO since FS (Force Shield) only gives you the buff/armor when it is active. The second a mob hits you and you loose the shield, it goes away, and with higher leveled mobs they can take the level 1 shield away in one hit.

I upped my force shield to 6 for 2 reasons; First, it doesn't matter what any other character is, it always stacks on top of all other buffs with a +20 armor per level (up to 120, which is larger than BOTH level 5 and 6 protection skill combined). Second, it provides you "invincibility" for as long as the shield is up. If you are a high level, the shield can take FAR more damage, and remain up longer, in turn giving you a better armor buff than protection ever could. Also, most other players have Protection maxxed/lvl 5, so even if you had protection 5 or 6, it would be useless in a run for others already give you the buff for that level.

These are just my thoughts, and I am in no way trying to bash your build, just trying to have experienced conversations to better the class

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Currently this seems to be the most viable "combo" if SL ever gets combos. Think about it. Suppress three to five guys, then use Pain on one. Pain explodes unopposed because it stuns the main target and they all take damage. Nobody wakes up because main Target is stunned (Wakes up but can't attack) and others don't wake up until Pain explodes so it will not break Suppression too early. Repeat, and if you get good at this you can avoid taking damage at all. Solo strategy of course, and will remain useless in parties forever because people are impatient. Doing this in 1v1 PVP might have some utility, and expect Suppression and Pain to get nerfed at some point if people get too good at doing this. Except for cooldowns, there's no way for the opponent to not be stunned or asleep.
    This is incredible! I never thought of it like that, and will be used hardcore in PVP, and in turn cause a whole new generation of complaining that "Engineers are overpowered ZOMG, make them easier to kill!!11". Until then, awesome observation

I will add this to my guide, thanks!
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    This is a very nice looking build, I will have to try it out.

The only thing I am hesitant about is the 1 point of Force Shield. This seems a little pointless IMO since FS (Force Shield) only gives you the buff/armor when it is active. The second a mob hits you and you loose the shield, it goes away, and with higher leveled mobs they can take the level 1 shield away in one hit.

I upped my force shield to 6 for 2 reasons; First, it doesn't matter what any other character is, it always stacks on top of all other buffs with a +20 armor per level (up to 120, which is larger than BOTH level 5 and 6 protection skill combined). Second, it provides you "invincibility" for as long as the shield is up. If you are a high level, the shield can take FAR more damage, and remain up longer, in turn giving you a better armor buff than protection ever could. Also, most other players have Protection maxxed/lvl 5, so even if you had protection 5 or 6, it would be useless in a run for others already give you the buff for that level.
    I have tried force shield at 6 points and even then, while the extra armour is significantly higher, the amount of damage it could withstand imo was quite poor. The reason I place 1 point into force shield atm is to gain that 1 regen per second in between fights. Stack that with the revive buff and the need to use potions during a run is minute. While the amount of armour gained from Protection is less, it has 2 advantages, the first being that it is a party buff, then second being that it lasts for the entire duration of the buff, with no chance of removal.

NOTE: I currently run with the same build that bronislav84 listed.

PS: This is also just my thought, it's fun to debate and learn different ideas and ways of thinking.
    Last edited by Horsethe; 07-23-2011 at 12:26 AM.

SL: Horsethemando - 25 | Horsetheneer - 20 | Horsetheop - 20
    PL: Horsethebear - 48 | Horsetheelf - 45 | Horsethebird - 15