Thread: I die so much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default I die so much

It seems like all i ever do as a lvl 40 sorc is die. Im running full int so i expect to die a lot but man, every boss one-shots me. Should i put points in strength?

Im also curious, is there such a thing as a tanky sorc? Like if i put lots of points in strength? Im tempted to try it but if anyone has already done that what was the effect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Use shield and a better pet?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Putting all your attribute points on str will not give you a warrior's health. It'll only drop your damage to impossibly low that you will take forever to kill anything.

Which boss one shot you btw? Yes mages get one shot a lot, but it's avoidable. Make sure you're in an area appropriate for your level (Tindirin is OK, Underhul no) and with people who are at most two levels higher than you (more than that the enemies, scaled to highest level on map, will hit harder).

Max out Might (str) passive. Get brutality (int, str) gear. Take shield skill (4/5 except Displacement Wave). Stun mobs with fireball so they're safe to approach. Make sure your clock has the last upgrade (adding mastery points helps too). Get pets that give str on top of int/primary stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

When I was 55 lvl with rogue,
    Alargan few times killed me by one shot...
    Pull me and -.-

Послато са GT-I9300 уз помоћ Тапатока

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Best way i find not to get killed too much :
    1- Max shield except the knock back skill ( 2nd slot ) + put as many as u can in shield mastry
    2- use Gale Force and acrivate skill which adds 50%armor ( 3rd slot )..... and maybe want to activate the 1st and 4th slot so u can sway mobs for a while ( 5 sec ) in all directions ...... maybe activate the speed ( 2nd slot ) if u want speed and dash " optional " .
    3- Max time shift except ( 2nd slot .).... so u can control mobs ...... will help u tooo much to survive .....and if u can put some points in the mastry will be great so u can now freeze some mobs and maybe boss too but Shield Mastry comes first of course .
    4- add fhe 5 passive points to Might in Passives + 5 points for the Armor in Passive too ".called duarability i think " .
    5- pets that add HP or Armor will be great like Swift Or Singe .
    6- use the current update and farm Scrolls as many as u can get as u will always gonna need to explore more compinations

^-^ Enjoy ^-^

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Better ping would give you chance to evade the red-zones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

And never heals in PvE. All it does is draw enemy attention to you and rob you of another attack skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't thank you all enough for this advice. Ive been changing around spec and found with shield especially its making all the diff in the world. I feel like im playing a new character cuz it's made such a big diff. It feels good to only die if i screw up rather than being one shot all the time. Im not ready to give up heal yet...maybe if i get more confident but yeah all these tips really helped and im having fun again. Thx again all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Heal will only pull aggro (mobs target you) which can be especially crucial in a boss fight. Drop heal.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quew View Post
    I can't thank you all enough for this advice. Ive been changing around spec and found with shield especially its making all the diff in the world. I feel like im playing a new character cuz it's made such a big diff. It feels good to only die if i screw up rather than being one shot all the time. Im not ready to give up heal yet...maybe if i get more confident but yeah all these tips really helped and im having fun again. Thx again all.
    Having both heal and shield in your skills rotation leaves you with just two damage and crowd control skills. That is too few. You need fireball or gale for initial stun, ice for quick immobilization (Nordr wolves and archers; Shuyal wolves, skeletons; Tindirin flower shaman; some Ren'gol orcs; Underhul worm); and clock to pin them in place while you dance around dealing damage. Try practice using three damage skills and shield in easier maps (Nordr should be easy enough for you) until you get used to it then move on to gradually harder maps. Heal has longer cooldown than attack skills (it's way faster to refill hp/mana with pots) and it draws aggro. It actually will be faster and safer for you to equip three damage skills (you kill faster, mobs barely move).
    Last edited by ilhanna; 05-24-2016 at 12:49 AM.