Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commando Skills, Build and Stats Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    Is it just me, or as a Tank in Pl, and now playing a commando, i think Increased Mass is a useless spell at this point? Tanking i would much rather dodge an attack then have it hit but hit for less with more armor?

Is that not the whole reason the Fortified set was not really considered the best tanking set, because it had high armor, but no dodge?

Im open for discussion on this. Someone Prove me wrong or right.

I was of the same opinion as you at 1st Breadkeeper. Dodge is our most important stat imo, and having a reduction in it did not seem like a worthwhile investment. But at lvl 6 there is no decrease in dodge or hit % and a bonus 300 armour. The buff duration to cool-down time ratio is even better than the armour buff in PL. This is why I find this a must have 6 points skill for tanking. It has saved me several times already whilst waiting for a heal to come my way.

SL: Horsethemando - 25 | Horsetheneer - 20 | Horsetheop - 20
    PL: Horsethebear - 48 | Horsetheelf - 45 | Horsethebird - 15

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wow... so there is no real AOE class? That's the one i'd like to try first...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    wow... so there is no real AOE class? That's the one i'd like to try first...
    There aren't any like the Enchantress if that's what you mean. The Op doesn't really have any AoE moves. Sympathetic Anguish can bounce to another target and that's as close as they get. The Engineer has a few AoE moves, including Suppression, Transference and Pain, however, these don't work like Firestorm or Icestorm. The Commando seems to use AoE a lot (or at least the way I play them), but they are by no means a high damage dealer. Neutron Stomp, Singularity, and Nebula each do an AoE style attack, but once again it works differently to the enchantress, as the play style is probably closer to a bear. Heavy weapons, which are Commando only guns, do splash damage, meaning enemies around your current target also get hit. This provides another sort of AoE avenue.

The key thing to remember is even though we compare stuff to PL to give non beta players a better idea of the moves, the game is unique. Every class is somewhat different, and you will have to find a new playing role to love. I suggest reading the other guides too if you haven't already.

The Engineer's Survival Guide by noneo

Comprehensive Operative Skills and Equipment Guide by Physiologic

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Horsethe; 07-23-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Curious, in theory, slow type debuffs seem useless in this game due to almost all of the attacks being ranged. How is the slow useful? I haven't seen any type of melee weapon/mob, or any type of weapon that has closer range, could be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Curious, in theory, slow type debuffs seem useless in this game due to almost all of the attacks being ranged. How is the slow useful? I haven't seen any type of melee weapon/mob, or any type of weapon that has closer range, could be wrong.
    Some enemies fight melee, so to prevent taking hits I find it useful to cast Singularity to knock them back, then Graviton Slam. If the hit is successful, it takes longer for the target to get back into melee, hence reducing the damage you take. I also like to cast Gravity Well and Neutron Stomp prior to knocking them back. This means the target will take more damage from the Gravity Well debuff, and will be knocked down straight after, giving you time to knock them back out of their range without taking hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horsethe View Post
    Some enemies fight melee, so to prevent taking hits I find it useful to cast Singularity to knock them back, then Graviton Slam. If the hit is successful, it takes longer for the target to get back into melee, hence reducing the damage you take. I also like to cast Gravity Well and Neutron Stomp prior to knocking them back. This means the target will take more damage from the Gravity Well debuff, and will be knocked down straight after, giving you time to knock them back out of their range without taking hits.
    Gotcha! Never knew there were melee mobs from all the videos I've seen, thanks for that

I'm still sort of gunning for a shorter, but more powerful, ranged weapon for commandos (unless it already is). Still find it very peculiar tanking being at the same range of your group mates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In addition, most bosses fight melee at least in part. i honestly dont use slow myself. i rely on my high defense to save me. Kiting is a way of life for all classes in pve. As a tank I enter a mob, pull, slam, then sheild and use the aoe knockback skill(forgot the name) rinse and repeat. With most bosses I use my taunt skill which is NOT an aoe, then stomp, shield, taunt, and again the aoe knockback skill. Since there is only room for 8 skills on your map I leave off slow. It would be useful in a boss fight or against high hp minibosses, but not much else.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by romgar1 View Post
    In addition, most bosses fight melee at least in part. i honestly dont use slow myself. i rely on my high defense to save me. Kiting is a way of life for all classes in pve. As a tank I enter a mob, pull, slam, then sheild and use the aoe knockback skill(forgot the name) rinse and repeat. With most bosses I use my taunt skill which is NOT an aoe, then stomp, shield, taunt, and again the aoe knockback skill. Since there is only room for 8 skills on your map I leave off slow. It would be useful in a boss fight or against high hp minibosses, but not much else.
    I'm a bit confused about the moves you are using since there are multiple ones with taunt. Also, slam is the move with the slow effect, so maybe you're getting the names mixed up. From what I understand you're casting Gravity Well (draws in and taunts), followed by Neutron Stomp (knocks down), then Increase Mass (shield), then Singularity (AoE knockback). In boss fights you are casting Force Hammer (the singular target move with taunt), followed by Neutron Stomp, Increase Mass, Gravity Well and Singularity. My single target cast order is posted above so I won't repeat it, but I'm curious as to why you picked Force Hammer over Graviton Slam when Graviton Slam can taunt and slow the target? Also, what made you pick that casting order?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Awesome, great guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the thorough guide, helps a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Horsethe & Flowman for the in-depth skills, mapping and etc. Really helpful!

PL: Waazarie Lv56 Mage, Fuzzywaazy Lv41 Bear, Waazwaaz Lv32 Bird
    SL: Waazarie Lv26 Engi, Fuzzywaazy Lv25 Comm, Waazwaaz Lv20 Op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

awesome guide! Thank you so much!

DL: Mia - lvl 31 | SL: Mia - lvl 48 - commando | Darling - lvl 51 - operative
    PL: Miafee - lvl 71 enchantress | Perimia - lvl 53 - enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Hey horse, just wanted to let you know that I referenced and linked this guide to mine for the ease of skill descriptions and skill point effects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I noticed a new skill increasing rage at lvl24, will that be added any time soon? (15sec.self buff (10xlvl of skill% ) critical chance+ with cool down of 60sec)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

wow. great guide!

Anyone know if Singularity gives AoE damage as well? Cause i notice it is cast on one mob and then it knockback the rest, but not sure if they are damages too. And i notice that there are no damage info for singularity and some other skills. Possible to add it in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seobil View Post
    wow. great guide!

Anyone know if Singularity gives AoE damage as well? Cause i notice it is cast on one mob and then it knockback the rest, but not sure if they are damages too. And i notice that there are no damage info for singularity and some other skills. Possible to add it in?
    It does AOE damage as well as knockdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have 4 unranked ones but i cant map them how am i supposed to use them i am level 20 now and really need to start using them?

help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that didn't help at all, I'm a lvl 38 commando I leveled really fast during the infested event. I still am not sure what skills to build after having a tank in PL and a nuke mage I thought it would be easy to cap on here as well but I'm finding skills to be a problem and a hold up for me any tests for tanks at my level? Would be awesome :S

Darthjedi lvl 38 commando, zaoetet lvl 70 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

its good but u got to update it