Thread: The Gold Arlorian Recipe and Effects of Bugs on Community

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default The Gold Arlorian Recipe and Effects of Bugs on Community

The community had high hopes and excitement was abuzz for this event. But that was dampened when they discovered that their old recipes no longer work. I figured this is absolutely okay, since new gold eggs contain different items, and it creates a demand for red eggs and new recipes.

However, since both recipes have the same name and description, a lot of people have been duped into buying old ones from CS. In the light of this, we have warned our friends and guildmates not to buy them until they get fixed.

Now, a few good people have offered to help others out by lending their recipes so that their friends can also craft gold eggs in the meantime. Sadly, what is intended to make more people happy only led to disagreements and distrust, because someone (unwittingly) returned a non-working recipe back to the owner. While others may say that it was a prime opportunity for scam, we usually have faith in our friends and guildies, especially since recipes cost a mere 60k.

This is why we implore devs to check and re-check new stuff before they get released. Or come up fixes as soon as they get discovered. A bug can lead to abuse, like it or not. Some people, whether they know it or not, will have an advantage over others because it. Many people are put at a disadvantage. It pits us against each other, it creates a divide. It breeds DISTRUST.

Please, do not let the community fall into pieces like this. We request METICULOUS examination of new releases and patches, as well as IMMEDIATE fixes of known bugs, especially those that lead to ABUSE.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 my guild members bought 3-4 and we warned among ourselves and friends abt it ... Atleast must send some info that this recipe has diff name or it is untradable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1.st hey tick it's qauazygeezy I'm in full support of this post thanks. I refused to sell the old recipe becouse I knew it was bad even though I could make 60k it felt like scam

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Goddard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

We warned our guildies right at event start.

I actually think sometimes some of this stuff just reveals who some people really are and I am happy when people reveal themselves, either good or bad. I am very happy when the good shows up and well, bad people will be bad no matter what, so might as well figure that out as early as possible.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    We warned our guildies right at event start.

I actually think sometimes some of this stuff just reveals who some people really are and I am happy when people reveal themselves, either good or bad. I am very happy when the good shows up and well, bad people will be bad no matter what, so might as well figure that out as early as possible.
    It's not just about bugs that affect the economy, though. Weapon bugs affect class balance in pvp, so do pet bugs. The imbued armor bug still gets me worked up, especially since last season's leaderboards were not wiped even after this bug was reported and some people took advantage of it.

Imo, there should be at least one person in the dev team dedicated to following the Technical Issues and Bug subforum. Or mods should have an alerts whenever someone reports a bug.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    It's not just about bugs that affect the economy, though. Weapon bugs affect class balance in pvp, so do pet bugs. The imbued armor bug still gets me worked up, especially since last season's leaderboards were not wiped even after this bug was reported and some people took advantage of it.

Imo, there should be at least one person in the dev team dedicated to following the Technical Issues and Bug subforum. Or mods should have an alerts whenever someone reports a bug.
    Yes exactly like MM and its broken aa and the runs with it before it got fixed, rlly unfair. Ik how u feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Yes exactly like MM and its broken aa and the runs with it before it got fixed, rlly unfair. Ik how u feel.
    Munch mouth was never broken in pve, only pvp.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Munch mouth was never broken in pve, only pvp.
    Oh so like elixir stack which only stacked the duration and not the dmg? The only bug with elixir stacking was that the displayed duration wasnt accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

2 mins silence for all those who got scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Oh so like elixir stack which only stacked the duration and not the dmg? The only bug with elixir stacking was that the displayed duration wasnt accurate.
    Stop trying to attack my post because I pointed out the imbued bug abuse which was indeed a KNOWN FACT and was even ADMITTED by those who people who did use it, and yet the LB times were not wiped. This is exactly why bugs should get fixed immediately, so as further not to lead to division and disagreements.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Stop trying to attack my post because I pointed out the imbued bug abuse which was indeed a KNOWN FACT and was even ADMITTED by those who people who did use it, and yet the LB times were not wiped. This is exactly why bugs should get fixed immediately, so as further not to lead to division and disagreements.
    I attacked wut? O.o I'm pointing out that youre hinting at a lot of people having abused bugs while trying to give the false impression that the opposing side never abused any bugs.