Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: With regards to the rogue armor nerf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey everyone,

We always appreciate the discussions going on, just don't forget to keep things civil while you debate .

Since it hasn't been brought up yet, the design team did some research and based on the way armor values scale as your level increases, at current end-game levels Nature Jewels are more effective for survival than Diamond Jewels due to the amount of hp they give. This gets even better at higher tiers of the jewels (superb, noble, exquisite) so you'll find more survivability if you socket some Nature Jewels instead of Diamond.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey everyone,

We always appreciate the discussions going on, just don't forget to keep things civil while you debate .

Since it hasn't been brought up yet, the design team did some research and based on the way armor values scale as your level increases, at current end-game levels Nature Jewels are more effective for survival than Diamond Jewels due to the amount of hp they give. This gets even better at higher tiers of the jewels (superb, noble, exquisite) so you'll find more survivability if you socket some Nature Jewels instead of Diamond.

Interesting hints at the armour mechanics there. HP > armour (once reasonable armour levels are met) follows with what some have tested in past seasons. Thanks Vroom!

I think one of the big things is that rogues don't want to give up any damage (by using non-damage-increasing jewels) in order to increase survivability, since they have never needed to in the past.

The reduction in armour may just force people to look at other options, causing variety in jewel usage, helping the economy and adding interest in the game overall. With jewels removable, it makes testing multiple configurations possible like it never was before.

Personally, I applaud STS for standing their ground for the time being, and look forward to the potentials this change brings. It's the most interesting change in years and now I finally look forward to levelling so I can test this stuff out.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-19-2016 at 07:49 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Zeus, you have no idea what I have or haven't done (and this is game world, not "real" world). Besides which, it's straight logic.

The devs have a lot of testing and further changes coming up, and this change is obviously the first part of a bigger plan. As someone pointed out, we need to be looking at the entire game and the future of it, rather than immediate gratification, especially for only one aspect of the whole. Who knows, maybe after the FFA weekend they will decide that rogues need more armour, but I think freaking out before the new season's gear is even released is premature.

If something shows itself to be a real problem once all the changes are in place and people have a chance to try adapting, then they will fix it - they always do. I'm just saying give STS a chance to make the changes they are planning, and try to work with them. They have stated they are dedicated to revitalizing the game, and there are obviously balance changes being considered for all classes. Just because rogues are the underdog at the moment doesn't mean they will remain that way once the other changes are applied. It takes time to make major changes to the game, and sometimes that process involves periods of discomfort.
    I hope many players read this Sera.
    Well said!
    * Out of thanks *
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post: