Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When Will Star Legends Launch? - Currently Working with Apple for App Approval

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

200th post

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's been a week... Going on second week...
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find it difficult to understand how in a business relationship between two corporate entities, there can be no communication. At the very least, by now, there should be a response from Apple one way or another regarding the status of an application that has been submitted. In business, a lack of communication of this nature would instigate negative response from the applicant, more than likely resulting in lowered profit. Every hour a product is held up, especialy without communication, is profit the applicant is throwing out the window. Bottom line:Consumers are the life blood of a business. If said business cannot provide a product, it has no consumers, therefore no profit.
    If there has been response (which at this point I cannot honestly imagine NO communication has been passed between two entities that exist for profit) why has that information not been passed on to potential consumers? One can only speculate. The very idea that there was no communication with apple to prepare for submission, or that there has been no information passed since is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Kinf; 07-28-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kinf I totally agree with you... They probably jus don't want to tell us it's going to be another week because sts knows everyone will be more pissed then just saying we haven't herd anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycent View Post
    Kinf I totally agree with you... They probably jus don't want to tell us it's going to be another week because sts knows everyone will be more pissed then just saying we haven't herd anything
    Isn't that called lying? When you tell someone something different than what the truth is, rather hear the truth than find out they were hiding it :/ just saying.
    55 enchantress (Dex Mage)-Keasha
    35 Archer (str bird)-Mkcecil
    36 Warrior (pure str)
    35 enchantress (pvp mage)-Kittenkaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Kinf, where does it say there's been no communication between STS and Apple? Sam titled the post announcing that it was in the approval process as, "...Working with Apple" which, to me, implies they have a dialog going. As far as the Devs not commenting, well, what would you like them to say? Even if they were inclined to get into the nuts-and-bolts of what's needing to be fixed or changed, I'd venture to guess 97.8% of the people here would have no clue what they were talking about. Even for the clueful few, that doesn't tell you how long it'll take, code being the wonderful, intertwined entity that it is.

I work doing free-lance coding. I assure you that even though I'm a "for-profit" entitiy working for other "for-profit" entities, I am rarely able to give an exact amount of time a change, especially major change(s), is going to take. I also never communicate what exactly needs to be done to the person who's paying me money for three reasons: 1) that's time I could be using to find and fix the problem or to implement a change; 2) they ain't going to understand it anyway and 3) because of that fatal accident where a marketing droid fell asleep listening to the details (I was trying to explain the concept of polymorphism--really, it was riveting stuff!), fell forward and impaled himself on the contents of his pencil-holder.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 07-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Apple doesn't even tell their business partners how long the process will take, so how would STS know? The more complex apps take longer, which I found out by googling. I would call this a complex app. Let the process run its course.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for starters you say "working with apple" which to you, implies dialog. This would mean information of some type, yes? The Devs not commenting, what would I like them to say? How about something like: "At this point things are proceeding apace, things are at THIS stage." or "There have been complications with the program's hyperdrive motivator subroutine, and there will be a delay until we can track down the saboteur."
    1)It would realy take you THAT long to write a response to a customer explaining a situation that it would cut that much into your development cycle? (scary thought)
    2)this statement assumes ALL of your customers are idiots without the least shred of common logic. (admittedly that could be the case, anyone whose seen some of EA's latest money making ideas knows what I'm talking about)
    3)what was a droid doing with a pencil holder? you KNOW thats against regs. they are only allowed blunt styluses, and any violation like this should have been reported to the proper authorities immediatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

To answer 1) Yes, yes it would. Understand that most of the people that I work for find the technology of, say, a toaster challenging. I explain *insert technical jargon here*. This is followed by emails/phone calls 1 thru 457 asking what each individual thing means, how it affects their project, what is it doing in their project, they heard about this Visual Basic thing and...sigh. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a client the other day explaining what an email attachment was, how to find it and how to open it. This was someone in Marketing, whose life basically runs by email. Multiply that by, well, a *lot* and it really does tend to cut into your work-day. Which is why most of my finest compositions occur at about 2am. No interruptions.

In re 2) Not idiots, it's just something they have no background in. Mentally, I refer to a fair few of my clientele as "techo-peasants", but that's just venting; there is no requirement to understand in order to use. Look, if you asked me exactly how my HD TV works? No clue. I don't *need* to know. People don't have to know how games are put together or how to code in order to play them. At least, not for a few years now. And let's face, we gamers are special--look how many people are still waiting for Diablo III (first announced in development in 2001).

Regards 3) Marketers are known to be soul-less, hence "droids". Doesn't make 'em the mechanical-type, though. Pity....Asimov's Laws would then apply.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im a beta tester and I have a question for the revs will all my stuff get erased when game launches because I put over a 100 dollars of plat on here and lead a guild that is awesome will all that get erased

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swordlover View Post
    Im a beta tester and I have a question for the revs will all my stuff get erased when game launches because I put over a 100 dollars of plat on here and lead a guild that is awesome will all that get erased
    Almost everything will get to stay. The only thing that will be changed is the leaderboard.
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@kinf

The whole "were currently working with apple on the approval process..." comment sam posted doesn't mean that they are or aren't communicating with apple... its all in how you look at it. As for why the devs wont tell us what is or isn't being said, its on a strict need-to-know basis.

So, PLEASE QUIT FLAMING OTHER POSTERS... it does all of us no good to get mad because no information is being relayed to us from sts...

So take a chill pill and wait it out... I'm just as anxious as you and the other sts forum members to get my hands on sl...

Remember this quote: "Anything worth doing, is worth doing RIGHT."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Hey guys no need to start arguing the game is gonna come out just wait for it
    <--- I love that guy
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Isn't that called lying? When you tell someone something different than what the truth is, rather hear the truth than find out they were hiding it :/ just saying.

Yeah it is... Is it impossible to believe they would? It's crazy what some people will say and do to not get b^*ched at
    Last edited by Fiddycent; 07-29-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What do u mean almost everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kinf View Post
    I find it difficult to understand how in a business relationship between two corporate entities, there can be no communication. At the very least, by now, there should be a response from Apple one way or another regarding the status of an application that has been submitted. In business, a lack of communication of this nature would instigate negative response from the applicant, more than likely resulting in lowered profit. ...
    Normally that would be true. But this is Apple you're talking about. They hold all the cards.

I mean, look at how Steve Jobs responded to antenna-gate.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kinf View Post
    for starters you say "working with apple" which to you, implies dialog. This would mean information of some type, yes? The Devs not commenting, what would I like them to say? How about something like: "At this point things are proceeding apace, things are at THIS stage."
    Come on... seriously? Have you dealt with any other high tech industry? The consumers are the last one to know about things other than rumors. Its common place that people keep things close to their chest. Especially when you're dealing with a third party, you don't give specific dates for things because you look bad if the other party doesn't come through. I'm not saying this is what STS is doing. It wouldn't surprise me or upset me if they were though.

ATL.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tvis View Post
    This
    PL characters: squishyoreos: lvl 53 Pure Dex Bird; squishyfury: lvl15 Twink
    SL characters: Life: lvl 21 mando; Regal: lvl 1 mando; Player: lvl 1 Op; Squishyoreos: lvl 1 Eng

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

dont get your hopes up this could take 1-2 more months

Proud member of AEO!