Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When Will Star Legends Launch? - Currently Working with Apple for App Approval

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I know this is easy for me to say since I already have all three classes at 20+, but to those of you who haven't played it yet, it is sooooo worth the wait. Kinda like when ya order something dope and you're waiting what seems like forever for UPS, FedEx, or DSL to get there...but once you finally get it, it makes you apreciate it more...and also keep in mind that iOS had a hefty 6 month jump on PL...so the shoes on the other foot a lil bit...adjust and take a deep breathe...now hold it until ya pass out...wake up and play SL lol! See you guys in the game! Gonna be hectic when it drops!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oh and of course...DROID FTW.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This announcement can be taken in either a pessamistic or optamistic veiw by most forumers (ie the glass is half empty or half full)... either way, the people that don't have access to the beta (such as apple and some droid users), have to wait.

I think Sam said it best in another thread.... Patience is a virtue

Fyi, I don't have the beta as I'm on Sprint network, not Verizon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    Oh and of course...DROID FTW.
    heyyyyy cappinclutch its khaos XD anyways the game does rock , although im not surprised that appl is taking a while to let it release. but thats how things go... ive just been enjoying the game lol....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    This announcement can be taken in either a pessamistic or optamistic veiw by most forumers (ie the glass is half empty or half full)... either way, the people that don't have access to the beta (such as apple and some droid users), have to wait.

ohhhh.... I'm going for optimism on this one. Annie says it best!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sometimes patience is what I have a lot of and sometimes I don't have any, in this case I'm kinda impatient and want it now! But I'll be playing it and enjoy it more when it comes out, though a nice present from apple would be to release it in like a week instead of 2 weeks. But life goes on
    55 enchantress (Dex Mage)-Keasha
    35 Archer (str bird)-Mkcecil
    36 Warrior (pure str)
    35 enchantress (pvp mage)-Kittenkaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I know... what we have to remember is that you can only get to level 20, then 21 at 10x XP, and by this time next week we'll be at level cap. So why rush it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I choose to remain stupidly optimistic. But then, if I found a gift-wrapped bag of horse manure under my Christmas tree, I'd go looking for the pony...
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Gotta say, I hate apple right now. I want the game to launch already but apple's overly strict rules mess up the fun for everybody when it comes to games like this that are open to multiple providers.

Thank you for the update samhayne, hopefully everything works out according to schedule.
    Well it's annoying as its delaying an awesome game. That said, thank gawd they are stringent otherwise the marketplace in the app store would be full of loads of junk/malware and such like that the Android market has suffered as well as masses of plagiarised apps etc that have put loads of devs off from using it.

So silver-lining to the process afterall... but yeah, Star Legends looks too awesome to delay any longer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post

I'm not on Verizon either and I got to beta on T-Mobile. It all comes down to luck and if you wanna try, but all I'm saying is you could have looked around the sites getting people into the beta and tried. I never win anything, so imagine my surprise when I saw my name on Droid Fans' list.

I have a question for Sam! How will transition from beta to release client be handled for Android? Will we be able to install from the Market directly over the non-Market beta app and keep our settings/cache/etc, or will we have to first uninstall the beta client before getting the release from the Market?

Is the beta client designed to tell the user when the release client is available or will it suddenly disconnect, then we have to guess the beta is over and to go get the release client to be able to continue to play? Maybe we will be told ingame?

And most important of all! Will there be an end of beta event?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-19-2011 at 08:35 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree that patience is a virtue but people dont want to see two weeks the game will be released then here comes week two and now its said next week... Can we really believe next week this app will be released or will it just be delayed again? Yeah i know im being a bit pushy but summer break is ending soon... Some of us play sports alot and we like to come home to a game but what if this game is constantly delayed? You cant keep saying patience is a virtue that works sometimes but after a while people lose their patience.

Proud member of AEO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like right now i looked forward for these 2 weeks to go by then all of the sudden this thread pops up saying, guys it might not be released until next week:/ Like when amazon got messed up we waited like 2-3 days and now the people who cant play SL have to play PL and we are also waiting for guilds and the expansion which they said later this summer it will be released what happens if they delay that? Do you guys really think everyone will have patience? Im trying to keep my mouth shut but ive been patient to long and am actually getting mad at this stuff..

Proud member of AEO!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magicfrost View Post
    Like right now i looked forward for these 2 weeks to go by then all of the sudden this thread pops up saying, guys it might not be released until next week:/ Like when amazon got messed up we waited like 2-3 days and now the people who cant play SL have to play PL and we are also waiting for guilds and the expansion which they said later this summer it will be released what happens if they delay that? Do you guys really think everyone will have patience? Im trying to keep my mouth shut but ive been patient to long and am actually getting mad at this stuff..
    As said above almost all of the wait is over, Star Legends is now at the top of the waiting list (I think) for all we know it may be released tommorow or on Thursday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magicfrost View Post
    I know what you mean. It's friggin frustrating.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome news. I have really enjoyed beta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Eh waits almost over! I can't see why this full of half empty posts any news is good news at this point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    As said above almost all of the wait is over, Star Legends is now at the top of the waiting list (I think) for all we know it may be released tommorow or on Thursday.
    They just said it could be several days to a week i doubt it would be tommorrow or thursday. And like i posted some of us play sports like me... I may not be here to play it if it ever gets released...

Proud member of AEO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

C'mon, now. Some of us work 10 hour days, but people find the time to do the things they enjoy. Sure, I'd like it released *right now*, but that isn't going to happen. I can't get mad at STS--they took the time to give us a new game and an update to the existing game that they thought we'd enjoy. They took the time to give us new content and new challenges and took the time to try and make sure both went through the vetting process with Apple quickly. I can't get mad at Apple--they're doing their best to make sure virii, malware and crap that breaks my device doesn't land in their App store. They take submissions on a first come/first served basis and there were other people ahead of what we want so badly. Them, as my father used to say, is the breaks. I can get mad, but without a villain to be mad at, it seems kind of pointless to me. So....I'll wait. Of course, I'll be obsessively checking the Announcement section of the Forums for good news, rubbing the rabbit's feet for luck and chewing on my fingernails, but I'll wait.

Hang on in there. Some of us are still awaiting *cough* Diablo III *cough*.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Come on guys, this is meant to be an official informayion from the dev. Thanks sam for the wonderful OFFICIAL information.

When game crashes, or glitches, ppls complain. When game r too simple, ppls complain it boring. What u guys need? Btw, lucky there r few good patient one. Let wait patiently for the new launch. Among so many who complains, i doubt there r more than 5 who actually did all 190/190 quests and hit the lvl cap. So quit the complains and finishes up all before u raise another eyebrown!

PS: currently doing the last 2 elite frost quests. Any productive help greatly appreciate!

IGN: Glamiour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Diablo III
    Oh, the years we've been waiting now. I'm at my breaking point.