Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaderboards Reset?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default Leaderboards Reset?

I heard about this is this true, and why?is there gonna be compensation for the users currently on leader boards?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

This game is in Beta, which means its in the testing phase of a product cycle. STS is free to remove any or all user data during or after this testing phase, regardless of whether or not they said data would be kept (since this was just a statement, not a legal promise, and are subject to change). Why would there be compensation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I understand, this program is in beta. Why didn't they state that during the initial beta phase. I heard nothing about it, there was no mention of it and members have spent lots of platinum to stay on the leader boards. It should have been a promise since select few were able to join in the beta. I understand products and there cycle, and if a customer is using a product they know to expect, why do they change the terms of service with no notification.

This statement has value because it has been discussed and agreed upon.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I believe it is true....
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks, matey.

Back to the issue: Star Legends leaderboards will be wiped for launch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Like I said, there should be compensation. My fellow guild mate have achieved this through honestly killing with no buffs. there is no countermeasures to prevent the honest players from the bad ones. For Me(Ghost) I have used buffs, but my goal was not leader boards but helping new beta players.
    Last edited by octavos; 07-19-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

All I can say is shrug - those few that chose to try to stay on the Leaderboards during such an unstable, critical time of a product made that decision themselves. I've been through other games during beta phase before and developers constantly altered things around or removed things completely without notification. And I don't see any information about beta users being able to keep their data in the ToS?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/termsofservice.php

Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY DOWNLOADS OR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM YOU EXPERIENCE FROM USING SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES) IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "WHERE-IS" AND "WHERE AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPACETIME MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, CAN MODIFY THE TERMS OF THE DISCLAIMER SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT. YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPACETIME DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS) AS TO THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES.

ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES ON THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS ARE LINKED ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPACETIME DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MERCHANTABLITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ACCESSED FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE. OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL SPACETIME BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE, OR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM THE SPACETIME APPLICATIONS OR A LINKED SITE.
    Am I the only one that actually reads these things before I use it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I believe they should be wiped. Your compemsatio was the fact you got to play before the rest of us. As for what you meant with buff (elixirs?) they are not cheap as 100% of players can use them. If i know Sts they will probably give a little vanity item for being a beta tester. As for a reward for LB, it does not take skill to get on them, ony time.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Aw man if they remove it that going to suck i worked hard to get on the leader boards :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Well, I see your proof, I see your logic, what I dont see is the implamantation earlier if this was a problem in PL. Im probably going to be the first to argue about this and disagree, but I wont be the last.

I don't mean any fowl, disrespectful to you Physiologic. I thank you for your responses. and help with this issue.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think its gonna be funny as hell if they reset them. I got my guy to 20, reported problems, and then I just played for fun. Its says beta right on the start up screen. What did u expect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I didn't expect anything maybe no leader boards if this was going to be an issue, but new players that are young and cant comprehend the terms of service is what im upset about. Im ok with all the changes, modifications, anything they feel like doing. But others are not like me.

They dont want change, and if a change is made it echos.

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Well, I see your proof, I see your logic, what I dont see is the implamantation earlier if this was a problem in PL. Im probably going to be the first to argue about this and disagree, but I wont be the last.

I don't mean any fowl, disrespectful to you Physiologic. I thank you for your responses. and help with this issue.
    I didn't get that impression from you so no worries man. We're just discussing stuff that's all even if we don't agree I think it only became an issue with the topic created in the Bugs & Feedback forum, so STS didn't really see it coming in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?
    Would love to hear the answer to that. If they are wiping the leaderboards then they must want a level playing field once the beta is over. That would mean wiping characters as well.
    Judgementime - 21 operative
    Judgementimee - 1 engineer
    Judgementday- 3 commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

No its a soft beta- only kills and LB.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like i just told a guy in game, be lucky you will still have your character and not have to start from scratch, then that would be a kicker for all plat spenders. But LB's your crazy if you think they would not of been wiped.

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin:353758
    No its a soft beta- only kills and LB.
    Im praying this is only what happens :O I have like four characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I didn't expect anything maybe no leader boards if this was going to be an issue, but new players that are young and cant comprehend the terms of service is what im upset about. Im ok with all the changes, modifications, anything they feel like doing. But others are not like me.

They dont want change, and if a change is made it echos.
    Who are these others you speak of? RE: Wiping leaderboards in beta: Monthy Python and the Life of Brian:
    Oh, what I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face. I sometimes hang awake at night dreaming of being spat at in the face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Should keep all as they said we would keep our beta progress when the game releases out if beta.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike1298 View Post
    Should keep all as they said we would keep our beta progress when the game releases out if beta.....
    quote or it did not happen?!