Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboards Reset?

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I wish one of the devs would come clarify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Hi Matthew. Yes, leaderboards will be reset when Star Legends goes out of beta and fully launches."

Quote /Unquote

Posted 2 hours ago on Facebook.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    Will they erase our characters and everything we have? Or just the leaderboards?
    In the announcement about the start of beta, Sam said specifically that there will be no character wipes.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default im a guild master

My fellow guild mates will be effected.I was on leader boards early on. But that dont bother me, but it effects them and that in turn effects me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Really? Its just a game, which sts owns, they made no legal promises that we would be able to keep anything from the beta. Be thankful that they are only wiping the LB's and our kill counts (could this mean deaths wiped too?). I personally agree with the LB wipe because then once the game launches those that werent in beta and want to be on the LB will be on a level playing field with those that were in beta, makes perfect sense.

simple rebuttle to everyone complaining: life isnt fair, get over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    My fellow guild mates will be effected.I was on leader boards early on. But that dont bother me, but it effects them and that in turn effects me.
    I was close to the leaderboards and I'm a member of his awesome guild, guys. At least two of our members where on the leaderboards. Lots of people from Gears of War were rankers as well.

They better wipe the deaths too. It's only fair. Well, if they don't then there will be time to complain about that later.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 07-19-2011 at 07:03 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Sooooooooooooooooooo...

Does that mean all stats are reset to 0 (kills/deaths) or just LB? Just curious. Would be rather comical to see a few 21's (like myself) running around with no kills. hehe
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooo...

Does that mean all stats are reset to 0 (kills/deaths) or just LB? Just curious. Would be rather comical to see a few 21's (like myself) running around with no kills. hehe
    I don't know how they're going to wipe LB without wiping kills/deaths. Won't getting one more kill/death just put you back up or off the LB once it's reset?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I don't know how they're going to wipe LB without wiping kills/deaths. Won't getting one more kill/death just put you back up or off the LB once it's reset?
    It be funny lmao awsome gear and everything and low levels might have more kills then high levels lol that be so funny
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Really? Its just a game, which sts owns, they made no legal promises that we would be able to keep anything from the beta. Be thankful that they are only wiping the LB's and our kill counts (could this mean deaths wiped too?). I personally agree with the LB wipe because then once the game launches those that werent in beta and want to be on the LB will be on a level playing field with those that were in beta, makes perfect sense.

simple rebuttle to everyone complaining: life isnt fair, get over it.
    There's no way that non beta players will be on a level playing field once the full version is released. New players are starting at level 1 and will have to adjust to SL. Most beta players will be at 20-21 farming pinks and racking up kills very easily.
    Judgementime - 21 operative
    Judgementimee - 1 engineer
    Judgementday- 3 commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I was close to the leaderboards and I'm a member of his awesome guild, guys. At least two of our members where on the leaderboards. Lots of people from Gears of War were rankers as well.
    Haha whats funny about this is we've already made fun of the guys we have on the leaderboards cause now it doesn't matter. Guess different people react different ways to different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Huh never realized this many people cared about leaderboards

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Sorry... been mowing all day and have drain bamage from the sun. I honestly don't care, just thought this would be funny. Ok, Crim not thinking straight so no more posts for me tonight!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Would've have been nice to tell us BEFORE people started to farm kills... 10k kills for nothing, sigh...
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    Would've have been nice to tell us BEFORE people started to farm kills... 10k kills for nothing, sigh...
    I could be mistaken but I could've sworn I read somewhere that some information may get wiped out but hopefully not a full clear. But hey you got a jump on where to farm your kills down already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush:353960
    Consider it practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

hmm well as a officer of gears of war and top commando in kills I accept thin knowing I was in beta. GOW pretty much have a lot of members on the leaderboards anyways. We as a guild accept what sts is doing as it gives ios players a chance. But we should stop complaining and if your good enough you can make it back on the boards again.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you turned off XP gain to farm kills no matter what your intention was you should not have received any kills. In a way this is like exploiting taking advantage of a flaw in the game for personal gain. Using this method to get on the leaderboards is actually like cheating. I know some of you may not like this but that is the way I see it. I am not here to condemn or flame anyone but this is how view it. STS has everyright to do with the player data as they see fit.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidis57 View Post
    If you turned off XP gain to farm kills no matter what your intention was you should not have received any kills. In a way this is like exploiting taking advantage of a flaw in the game for personal gain. Using this method to get on the leaderboards is actually like cheating. I know some of you may not like this but that is the way I see it. I am not here to condemn or flame anyone but this is how view it. STS has everyright to do with the player data as they see fit.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Ok yeah have you ever reached a lvl cap? If not lemme explain you get no more exp. So all this about turning exp off is nonsense. But yeah if by what you mean I reached lvl cap and don't receive exp when I make a kill by all means I'm guilty. Basically everyone saying "if you have high kills you turned exp off and just exploiting".

I earned my kills by helping others lvl and myself lvl no noob lvl farming. All my kills was earned in delta 7 dead mans cave while leveling and farming credits and pots. Anyways point is what I'm trying to say dont judge players unless you know without a doubt.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Huh? How does your spot on the leaderboards affect your guild? Please enlighten me, as comments like these are making me less and less eager to play this game.