Hello all, I've seen lots of guides on the different builds of bears (bow bears, attack bears, tanks, etc.) but I've never seen a guide on our favorite type of bear, the scatter bear!
So here are the recommended steps:
1) Run to the center of the room,
2) Wait until you see the mage icestorm or the bird thorn wall,
3) Stomp mobs before the mage can firestorm or lightning to mess the combo up,
4) Run ahead and cast beckon while running, sometimes called a "slingshot" beckon (credit to drewcapu for naming this maneuver), to fling remaining mobs in random areas,
5) Wait until you see a mage or bird standing beside a firegrate and TAUNT,
6) Die as far away from the group as possible and spam post "rev" (thanks stompartist for this tip).
7) Join a grp with a lead bear. Wait until he/she casts Beckon, then you cast beckon before the lead bear can stomp the mobs to a wall. (credit to festre for defining characteristic of a pro scatter bear).
8) When another bear rounds up big groups of enemies, run into that mob group and either beckon or stomp. (Thanks Mr. Wallace!)
9) This is an advanced scatter bear technique brought to us by Katatoa91.
when killing a boss:
-if boss nicely stuck on wall by the lead bear beckon and stomp it to the other side of room.
-if boss nearly dieing, dont stop taunt/beckon/stomp until the boss is way out of its zone and replenish all his life.
10) Ellyidol urges us to ponder the question which has haunted scatter bears since ancient times, "why was I booted?"
11) Keep in mind that birds and mages do not understand the complexities or nuances of the scatter bear. From time to time they may question your use of some of these tactics. DO NOT give away our secrets! Instead just say, "sorry, lag".
12) When you really feel like you're ready to kick your game up a notch here's a tactic that has been in Register's family for generations (Register has had a scatterbear ancestor scattering mobs in every war since the American Revolution): Use skills like crushing blow and your slashes in a hallway with no enemies in it on your teammates. It gives them a buff.
13) Before you run to middle to ruin combos, always be in the back of the group to avoid damage. (Thanks Duped!)
The great thing about these steps is you can be an outstanding scatterbear regardless of your build and/or level!
I welcome any suggestions and/or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
DISCLAIMER: This post is done tongue in cheek. Not to be taking seriously.
DISCLAIMER #2: "All behaviors described in this post come from personal reasearch; any resemblance to real characters, active or banned in the past, is purely coincidental".