Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think Arcane Legends should be pay to win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default I think Arcane Legends should be pay to win

Hello everyone

Last night devs released an update which people were looking forward to. When it released i did really disappointed. Was this really the "huge update"? After a year of completely bad season for Arcane Legends, devs have begun caring about the community's requests n wishes. I really expected a really good content from this update.

I'll talk about the past and today of Arcane Legends but when i started playing Arcane Legends, level cap was 26 and after a few weeks cap 31 came so i cant talk about 26 and previous caps.
    At 31 cap mythic items were really expensive for a new player. Affording them was nearly impossible.(I dont even talk about arcanes lol) But there were legendary gears that are good enough. We had mythic pet slag that could be obtained via platinums and it was an op pet. We had opportunities to earn money. Farming oltgar for entombed hammers(200-500k value) or locks(10-13k) in kraken mines. I could do pvp with legendary gears.

When we came to 36 cap, mythics became cheap but devs gave players opportunity of upgrading mythics for not to aggrieve players who paid tons of gold for those mythics in 26 and 31 caps. This decrease in prices was good for poor players as well. They could afford mythics then. Everyone was happy. We had opportunities to earn money in 36 cap as well. Locks and oltgar were still there and also there was arena to farm elite golden puzzleboxes.(100k value) Devs released 36 level mythic weapons then. But didn't put them in locks with a really high chance of loot and fullfill the game with them. So there was economy back then. These were just alternatives to arcane weapons.

Then there was 41 cap. It wasn't good at all in the beginning. Devs released arcane rings that are much more rarer than the rings in LOTR trilogy lol. Maybe only %1 of players had those rings. Because it was "arcane". Arcane items and pets are supposed the "incredibly rare" as mentioned under arcane pets in stable so community weren't whining about this situation. Ridicilously we still had same farming opportunities; oltgar and kraken mines lol. Devs released event system back then. Finally we had something different. Those events were fun and profitable for everyone. After halloween event, devs released planar arena and tombs that were the best things released in AL history. Of course this is my opinion but you would agree with me if you have looted 4x planar pendant recipes when they were 20m for each recipe. Imagine it. I became rich af from poorness in just a few weeks. I was really happy. I still didn't have an arcane ring tho.. Lol

Devs released 46 cap and made a change in game which looks like a little thing but was huge and caused game die; new locks. New rengol locks came with a strange loot ratio. Arcane rings were down to 7-8m from 60-70m. Of course prices of arcane/mythic items that belongs to previous cap start falling down in the beginning of new caps. But this %80~90 fall was not normal. I realized that game was dying at that moment. At least nothing was free and we still had to farm for gears and money. With another aspect, this was not bad for the game. Everyone could afford best gears. Pvp was more competitive.
    New glintstone sets wete another sign of the death of AL. As a warrior i was happy because of my situation. Finally we were getting the second real op stuff since 31 cap(maul of ollerus). 3 seasons and sts had decided to care about warrior. We still needed buff tho. Thats why i hadnt care about rogues and mages. Their sets were useless.

We got new mythic weapons during winter event. Warrior weapon could make us beat rogues in 1v1. After only a month devs released new arcane weapons. Why did i pay 6m to get new mythic weapon and sell for 1.5m just after a month? Why did i waste my money? Because devs wanted so.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...296942-eCONOMY

Please check Titanium's post.. He explained briefly how the economy works in AL..

After a few months sts has done the mistake that accelerated the death of AL; sns in locks. Dream pet of all AL players.. Everyone could get it. Imagine the players who worked really hard during 2014 ursoth event to get this pet.. Day and night.. Hours and hours of farm.. Many many people chasing the double... They got it and sts promised that this pet will NEVER come back. Sns owners were happy. They were rewarded for their efforts... So what sts did? They didn't keep their promise.

Well.. Last nights update was the worst one.
    Devs released a new completely useless and pointless "set". It's not even 56 level lol. It's useless because its point is "you have to farm new maps to obtain this set and use it not to get stunned while farming new maps for nothing". Really? Is this a paradox or troll? Im not even talking about turning our "expensive" glintstone sets into 900 coins which is not even enough to get 1 out of 4 materials to craft new set's armor. You guys will need to farm 4000 coins to get this useless armor. Or pay 8m for 4k coins. Even after hard work or paying 8m gold, there is chance that not getting the best armor for your class. Will is the best one for warrior but what if i get grace?

About another useless piece of this set : amulet. You said it'll come from gold heretic chest. Have you guys ever checked whats in these chest? Well there are 145 items belong to each "rarity". Yes you heard right. 145 legendaries, 145 rares and 145 epics. And 3 set items. Basic math; your chance of looting this useless "one of these amulets" is 1/145.

Lets say you have worked hard or paid to get this set and completed all 5 pcs. What you're gonna do;
    Pve player
    Chill in towns or just dont play because there is nothing left to farm.
    Pvp player
    This set is not for pvp. Good luck to all warriors with their broken juggs

So sts devs.. Please explain me what happened to this game. What is the point of these useless stuff.. Game became playable only for the ppl who never goes out, have no life etc. IMO an MMORPG game should be "pay to win". I have so many friends quitting game right now because there are no pay to win options and they have a life to deal with. I had about 50m in the beginning of 46 cap and now what? i have only 150k. Please bring back economy to the game. Please stop releasing useless stuff every week to cause people lose their money.
    Last edited by Shackler; 04-22-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: more accurate title

Signature credits to Bellaelda

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shackler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I agree with all parts except "MMORPG Should be pay to win" its should be 50/50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I agree that economy is bad at the moment, moreover glintstone gun has more damage than arcane staff, this ain't justified

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

its just good to know that the game doesn't need to spend a lot of money now to get the good gears. But I do agree with you, the reason why I left the game (and most of the other players as well) is that we no longer have the time to catch up with the game. Even reaching level cap is insane. For players like me who doesn't have the time to take all of these to just catch up made me just quit. LOL. Not about spending or whatnot, but the game just need so much time now to be able to catch up.

Its good, for most of the free players... But it made the others left the game, we have life to live with, we cant play this game 24/7.

cute is just my cover

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I 100% agree with this post. Shackler just nailed wat is wrong with AL. Thank you sir for posting wat have been on my mind for the past year.

For those of u who that is still under the impression this is a not "pay to win" game u need a reality check. Just imagine if u r a new player to AL how hard its gonna for you to progress w/o spending cash. How many lockeds would u need to farm to afford a lep let alone an arcane item at 5k per locked. At least back in the old days I can farm pinks instead of having to solely rely on lockeds to make some gold.

It is truly sad when the most expensive items in game are vanities, instead of arcane items. Its has come to the point where the only way to distinguished one player from another is thru their vanities.

Lemme ask everyone this question, do you remembered looting or purchasing your first arcane item and wat that feeling was like? I remembered purchasing my first arcane item, arcane staff for 70m. Although 70m is a extremely high number but it was obtainable. I made a sizable of my gold thru merching, average deal netted me 50k-2m. I made an average of 2 deals a day and I'm just the average merch. All these deals are gone in today's economy. I'm not gonna risk buying an item unless its significantly underpriced cuz I'm afraid I'll be stuck with it.

The reality is the Devs are not gonna change this cuz all the plat farmers (players thst recycle plat offers repeatedly) are popping more crates because of the increased odds at arcanes. More crates being popped = more cash for the Debs hence why they are releasing these items at this accelerated pace. These items usually only offered a slight increased in stats. This begs to ask the question, am I gonna spend 1m gold for a slight increase when gold is at such a premium... hell to the no....

The only benefit of this "major" update is the sell option...bravo the devs finally got something right. DUN go for the new set, its a waste of gold and effort. If the glinstome set was not a painful reminder to those that wasted millions of gold buying mats or hrs of farm, luckily I wasn't one of those "victims". This set is probably gonna be obsolete in less than half a year or worth 500 coins of whatever new currency.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatzoo5505 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Cake event was an exploitation cuz once again the devs didn't think it thru before released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz View Post
    IMO

this sets were released for preparation for the elite maps ( UNDERHUL) ... if you think about it most of the items are lvl 51 and none of the MYTHICS OR ARCANE EVEN THE "SET") is at level 56.

now they are changing the phase of the game to revive the economy which is making the stuff lootable at lower drop rate.

now obtaining the set is highly optional but for farmers like me it's a MUST why you asked?

because if your having a hard time in farming in normal underhul maps now then most probably the mobs and boss in the new maps will be very hard so farming there without the sets will be farming deaths as well...

now another thing is the expansion itself is not completely finished so there are still a ton of stuff that we need to look forward to..

now im not a player that have played the game for a lot seasons but i have played the game for more than a year and i saw how the economy crashed but i survived though...

-just saying
    How will the new sets be a help in "new ELITE" underhaul maps without any immunity to stuns, DoTs, slows, etc??? Gonna need more than +200 health and +200 armor(full set equipped)(probably still not that different from what you get from arcane ring and planar pendant combo) to get through elite underhaul mobs IMO..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz View Post
    IMO

this sets were released for preparation for the elite maps ( UNDERHUL) ... if you think about it most of the items are lvl 51 and none of the MYTHICS OR ARCANE EVEN THE "SET") is at level 56.

now they are changing the phase of the game to revive the economy which is making the stuff lootable at lower drop rate.

now obtaining the set is highly optional but for farmers like me it's a MUST why you asked?

because if your having a hard time in farming in normal underhul maps now then most probably the mobs and boss in the new maps will be very hard so farming there without the sets will be farming deaths as well...

now another thing is the expansion itself is not completely finished so there are still a ton of stuff that we need to look forward to..

now im not a player that have played the game for a lot seasons but i have played the game for more than a year and i saw how the economy crashed but i survived though...

-just saying
    It's not a must for farming new maps. It gives you stun immunity, right? Nekro does same. In all maps.

So now just make the comparision;

Nekro is just 1.5m and gives you op stats also its the pet with highest damage.
    Only 1 piece of set is 8m. Even at full set it will lower your stats if all pieces are like ring and amulet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    It doesnt give stun immunity. Just giving what you lost on your maxed gear. Maybe slight boost on armor
    Hmm I read that stun immunity somewhere yesterday.. Can't remember where lol

Anyway my 41 AR and planar pendant are still overpowering this useless set bonus lol(i have the right gems tho, not clean)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Aaaaahhhh good times

Do I really need to sign this?
    * ´ ¨ )
    .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Wat needs to be done is make maps more worthwhile to farm. Do I wanna waste 15 mins to farm map 1 of underhul for 2 coins and a few low tier jewels??? Come on, this is wat the new expansion is all about? Go and copy the Tindrin expansion please, that was by far the best expansion ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz:2450632
    i agree but to be much more efficient in farming specially in new maps having a good gear+ pet is better...

and like i said i find completely optional but since i usually farm and i don't do pvp that much

but for me i think it's best that someone obtains the "set" and provide information because it's hard to give a detailed feedback if we haven't tried it

(please don't get offended with my response im not trying to argue i just wanted to state an opinion okay ^-^)
    I think completing the new set would be the definition of "inefficient". Spending 9m gold for this junk is wat I'm referring to. You can go he 4000 coin route., but by the time u farmed those coins a new expansion probably around the corner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

You'll get alot of hate but I agree with most of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa:2450611
    Quote Originally Posted by gatzoo5505 View Post
    Cake event was an exploitation cuz once again the devs didn't think it thru before released.
    either way it boost every item's price. Made the locked crate loots quite worthy. whatever you do in game was giving satisfaction. everyone was hunting sns for its value it was even reached 50m. at some point
    for farming vials were 250k fangs were 40 even tho set wasnt powerful for mage and rogue.
    Some inflation is actually helps a lot.

but time passed gold sinked economy crashed. and %80 of my friends from that era left the game. if you can make 1000 crate key with 3.8m gold which is highest demand item almost.It means you need some inflation. Spender deserves a bit more than that
    Although I agreed with ur assessment the cake event was still an exploitations. The only thing the cake event did was gave people who did not deserved the gold extra gold. Locked crates loot was the same price before the cake event. Sns was selling for 50m cuz of the old mystique it had. I even argued that sns was gonna be the next nekro and was not worth 10m.

The 2 reasons why that set was completed for mages n rogues was cuz of the AP n the ground effect. Thankfully I saved 15m from not bothering with the set cuz it was garbage and is worth 900 glinstone coins. 15m for 900 coins... ROFL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz:2450644
    I think completing the new set would be the definition of "inefficient". Spending 9m gold for this junk is wat I'm referring to. You can go he 4000 coin route., but by the time u farmed those coins a new expansion probably around the corner.
    i agree it could be costly but i don't think they would be doing a new expansion anytime soon.

the elite maps haven't been released yet. gears for 56 is not even available
    Wat do u think the new elite maps are gonna offer besides more APs? How r u gonna recuperate that 9m in gold from the new elite maps? That's wat everyone been complaining about... there's nothing worth farming y so many have quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Wat do u think the new elite maps are gonna offer besides more APs? How r u gonna recuperate that 9m in gold from the new elite maps? That's wat everyone been complaining about... there's nothing worth farming y so many have quit.
    +100

The best thing about farming before is that pink loots can provide you golds. If farming now will just provide you coins and chests that costs 20k each to help you create a decent gear then it's a total waste of time.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny♥:2450655
    +100

The best thing about farming before is that pink loots can provide you golds. If farming now will just provide you coins and chests that costs 20k each to help you create a decent gear then it's a total waste of time.
    Yes, and there was an excitement when you see the loot reroller message. Although mythics and arcanes were selling for lotsa gold but it felt more attainable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Noticed sth lately today. We have to farm 4k coins or pay millions to craft a "chest" with a chance to loot a good armor.

%25 luck to get will armor which is the best one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz:2450661

now im not on anyone's side im just trying to keep an open mind.

besides aps most probably there is something good that you can actually loot on those new map there will always be that something that we can look forward to..

now regarding the sets being stats

right now like G said the items that we already have are a bit too OP. so to keep the balance of the game they gave the stats that is accurate for the maps ( this is how i understand it so correct me if im wrong)

but the proc and buff of the new sets are amazing enough for us to survive IMO

Wat I'm saying ur not putting a big enough premium on that 9m gold. Unless u r popping crates like these plat farmers its next to impossible to obtain this 9m gold. I dun think you'll come close to recovering this massive amount of gold from the new elite maps, this from my prior experience with last expansion. The last expansion offered orc fangs which sold for 15k a piece. Then came the essence of the beast for stampy that sold well but quickly went down the hole.

The only solution to fixing this game is fix the economy, its really that simple. The main factor hat determine the price of an item is rarity. The only items that's been appreciating in value are vanities cuz of their rarity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raianezz:2450689
    Wat I'm saying ur not putting a big enough premium on that 9m gold. Unless u r popping crates like these plat farmers its next to impossible to obtain this 9m gold. I dun think you'll come close to recovering this massive amount of gold from the new elite maps, this from my prior experience with last expansion. The last expansion offered orc fangs which sold for 15k a piece. Then came the essence of the beast for stampy that sold well but quickly went down the hole.

The only solution to fixing this game is fix the economy, its really that simple. The main factor hat determine the price of an item is rarity. The only items that's been appreciating in value are vanities cuz of their rarity.

i experience that as well but i did bounce back i did a mythic helm for my rogue and i helped my brother complete his whole mythic set...

my helm cost me 4m and for my brother i spend around 20m

i don't pop crates i just farm a lot a with my guildies and i merch too every now and then...

all i had was unity with me and my brother that is how we survive lmao....

so bouncing back is doable because everything we do in the game is by choice.

so its your call how to accept the outcome

Well, I'm glad to hear that u got out of that mess unscathed. Wat we (those that been around since season 1) are trying to do is make this game great again. I farm exclusively too but after awhile it gets painfully monogamous,. I was tired of dying while trying to farm something that's worth 15k, my pots n ankhs were not free. Wat ended up happening was back to farming km3 n dragkin tooth.

Besides, it was the devs that said they've incorporated some of our feedbacks into the latest update. Once again they over promised n under delivered.

I'm surprised u r not upset that sts turned ur 20m investment into 900 coins, in a span of a few months. Knowing that and u still want to pursue this set? Well I do hope u get it soon cuz there is no way I'm gonna be wasting my time n gold on this fruitless endeavor.

We of course all capable of making our own choices but I'm advocating for smart choices. I dun see how wasting 9m gold for this can be consider a smart choice with our ever dwindling resources.
    Last edited by gatzoo5505; 04-22-2016 at 10:59 AM.