Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
Couple of concerns. First off I want to say amazing job STG. Your team has responded so promptly lately I am so impressed. One concern I have is even though its exciting to have such OP buff bonus to the set I think its a little overboard. Specifically the +60 to strength, Int, and Dex is too much in my opinion. I personally think the buff should be a little less like maybe +30 instead. Even the buff to HP, armor, mana, etc should be decreased a little bit. This is all for the sake of not ruining the power curve that you guys have worked so hard last season to fix. In addition if the buff of these set bonuses are needed for the difficulty of new elites I am afraid the remainder of the gamers who don't have the set will get murdered in the new elites. Some of the reasons why I am suspecting the set bonus buff is needed for elites is because of JustG's statement that "new elites are coming and it would be a good idea to be op to handle the new elites." Also Vroom had mentioned in another thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Antignome-Set) that this set will be upgradable to an even more powerful lvl 56 set during this expansion with even more insane set bonus. So either this even more powerful upgraded antignome set will be just ridiculously too powerful when running these cryo elites or its actually necessary in order to run them depending on how hard they make the elites. Something is just off to me in terms of how this will fit in the powercurve of what you guys are trying to do.

In addition the extreme advantage of this set will allow for richer players to burn through these elites and out farm normal players in these new elite maps making a larger divide between the have and the have nots.
We understand your concerns, but fear not! The reason we can buff this so much is because it remains confined to current and future Curse of the Cryostar PvE content only. This means that when the next expansion, with its new dungeons and content is released that these set bonuses will not apply. This puts the items and their base stats squarely in the comfort zone of the power curve we have worked hard to develop and curb towards. Since they are also PvE only, there is no unexpected surge in power for PvP either.

What it does do, is allow players to feel powerful and farm easier in that bubble of content helping other players acquire loot and merching farmables while that content is relevant for their gameplay needs.

We appreciate the concern, and the due diligence!