This is how I think that it should work. Each class should be able to stand up to each other no problem. This can happen by:
Warrior - The point of a warrior is to have high health/armor. They are supposed to be able to take hits. They can still deal pretty good damage, but not massive damage UNLESS it is a 2h warrior. Further, with a 2h, a warrior still shouldn't have almost as much armor without his shield. There needs to be a bigger difference in a shield/no shield warrior. This can happen by greatly raising the armor value of a shield, BUT lowering the damage of 1h weapons just slightly. The damage of 2h's (IMO) should be lowered just a bit also. At the moment, classes have around ONLY 300 health. A warrior (or any hybrid class) with a 2h can hit 300 and more when they spam their flurry of skills. This combination of spammed skills added with the power of a 2h, they are able to kill enemies in what seems like 1 shot. There shouldn't be 1 hit kills AT ALL! I'll talk about this further, deeper into the thread.
Archer - The point of an archer is to deal massive dps. There really isn't another point to it. They should do the max damage out of the other classes because they have nothing else to do. They can't heal, and they also can't take a lot of hits. And what else is there, but to do as much damage as they can. Now, since archers are supposed to be dealing the most damage, they need something to help them with that. I suggest more skills with damage over time/instant burst damage. At the moment, the only big instant damage skill that an archer has is Blast Shot. They need MORE!
Enchantress - Enchantresss' main point is to heal and do short burst damage (but not too much damage). A mage can get too overpowered if they are able to heal and deal massive damage. If they are doing the same/more damage than an archer AND they can heal, then there is a serious problem. Enchantresss' should be able to do some damage, run away, heal, and repeat the process. Enchantresses also have the same problem as warriors. They are able to seemingly 1 shot people using their spamming skill fury. Again, THIS IS BAD and NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.
Now, ALL of this would be different with skill trees. (Which I think are GREATLY needed)
Skill Trees: I believe that there should be atleast 2 trees for each class. (I've gotten into this in another thread, but I'm going to go into more depth)
Warrior: 2 Specs to be placed in
1) THE TANK - As we all know, tanks are the toughest people to take down. As a tank, the person would get large increases in armor, BUT being a tank would also mean lowering their damage. Some new skills that they would earn would have to do with aggro. The purpose of a tank is to take damage away from everyone else. They need spells (like taunt) that will make people come to them and attack them instead of others.
2) The DPS warrior - Now, we see DPS warriors usually being either 2h warriors (like we see in PL) and duel wielding warriors, but since we can't duel wield, explaining that isn't neccesary. Now, 2h warriors should be dealing MUCH damage, but remember, it shouldn't be as much as an archer. A 2h WARRIOR will still have that armor bonus from plate armor rather than leather armor. That advantage plus higher dps than an archer would unbalance the classes. A 2h warrior should get large burst damage skills though. With these burst damages, they shouldn't be allowed to use rage. That is one of the main skills that is overpowering the classes right now.
Enchantress: 2 Specs to be places in
1) (of course) The healing spec - This spec should give the enchantress every aspect and angle of healing that there is. This is due to the fact that they should not be able to do much else besides heal/buff. A healing enchantress should have all of the skills included:
-heal: Basically the same spell that we have now, except that it will have a shorter cooldown
-greater heal: Same as heal, but it costs more mana and heals for slightly more
-mend: This healing spell would work over time. For example, it would heal 10 every second for 5 seconds
-group heal: This heal would have a large cooldown, and would cost a lot of mana. It would instantly heal the group. Each skill point placed into it would heal the group for more.
-We should keep the same buffs that we now have
-More party buffs that are long-term
1. Buff for raising all stats by a certain number. (Only by 3-4)
2. Buff for raising a person's dps by a small amount
3: Buff for raising a person's armor
***Enchantresses should be allowed to cast these buffs on specific people instead of everyone. AND, each person should be allowed only one of these special buffs.
Other than healing, the healing specced enchantress might be able to cast some small damage over time spells. NO HIGH BURST DAMAGE SPELLS FOR HEALERS!
2) The battle mage - This is a class that has VERY HIGH BURST DAMAGE. This should be practically all they can do. Wands/staffs should do hardly any damage to enemies. The mage's spells should be very powerful, BUT (and this is a very serious BUT) should have LONG cooldowns (at least for the most powerful spells). Also, their AOE spell damage should be lowered. They should have to specifically target an enemy to cast a powerful spell. At the moment, an Enchantress's most powerful spell is an AOE! This should definitely not be the fact.
Archer: 2 specs to be placed in
1) Burst damage tree - This spec would be specifically about doing an amazingly large amount of damage in a short amount of time (not too short or they can be to overpowering against enchantresses. Enchantresses should be able to fire off heals/spells without getting instantly destroyed). These specced archers will not do constant high damage, but are more for finishing opponents off, or getting them started for their teammates to come and help. On their very powerful burst damage spells, they should have a large cooldown. Opposite for the less powerful ones.
2) Damage Over Time Spec - This spec would be about literally putting spells on an enemy to let them sit and rot. The skills for this spec would consist of poison, flame, ice, etc... They would do a steady stream of damage to the foe, and the archer wouldn't really have to even touch them. Now, the skill damage couldn't be too high, for the archer can still use their weapon.
Now that we have the classes set up, let's move on to damage modifications. Like I said in the beginning, (and I will repeat) THERE SHOULDN'T BE 1 HIT KILLS! This is a big NO-NO! Skills should not be so powerful as to where we literally instantly die. People are able to spam their skill combos which will usually kill or do almost deadly damage to their opponent. Now this can be fixed very easily in my eyes. CAST TIMES. This would solve SO many issues. Every class should have them. Now, there shouldn't be cast times for everything. Only powerful spells should have cast times. These cast times should only be a maximum of 3-4 seconds. Also, as people are casting, they could be interrupted if an enemy attacks them. The interruption wouldn't be long. It might just hold the spell back 1/4 of a second every time it is hit.
Next, Lowering damage as a whole. This for one would allow longer fights. Now, IMO, it would be better if skill damage would be slightly lowered, and regular weapon damage would be slightly higher. I personally only want skills to add a boost in a fight, not make it a Win/Lose situation. I don't want skills to judge a fight, and this can be stopped by lowering skill damage.