Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I take it as labels are changed now ...

Lvl 41 era epics are now called 56 legendary (no proc, no looks)
    Lvl 41 era legendary are now called mythic (magma, planar, goblin *.* )
    Lvl 41 era mythic are now called arcane (arc pendent -_- )
    Lvl 41 era arcane are now called sets (banished)

And there is no real new item launched as arc item ... They all are weak mythic/strong legendary

Whenever U see new item just see it as a level lower and u will sane satisfaction as lvl 41cap era....

Last edited by Majin Vineet; 07-07-2016 at 04:56 AM. Reason: added "era" with lvl 41
    Way to get...Let it let..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Majin Vineet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    u sure u in a right thread??this isnt "nerf this buff that" thread..this thread was made to look for whats the meaning of items/pet rarity at this moment on Underhul expansion..cuz right now u can see that mythics are new legendary (legendary items is in RARE rarity now as some of them got no nice stats and proc) while arcanes are mythics now and that is especially on weapons while its hard or take a very long time to make pets lost its rarity value (price,stats,hard to get)..we just got new arcanes few months ago and few mythics from last year major events..and now we get new arcanes from Ursoth Assault..sometimes its good for player to max out their toon potential with better stats and cool proc to play pvp or run the hardest maps but sometimes it'll ruined the game (too many mythics and arcanes causing the upset of AL economy as there are too many choices of items u can use causing only some of it will be the people's choice and the longer lasting shiny-should be weapons are being outdated too fast when sts keep releasing new myth and arcs thus causing lower rarity item become too cheap *excluding low lvl pvp items*)..see now how cs are flooded with mythics and arcane weapons (good one bad one)..mythics especially got varieties with less stats to the best stats even for the same type of weapon..legendary rarity weapons are less needed now or can be considered as crap unlike before this..so right now we just wanna know what is that COMMON/EPIC/RARE/MYTHIC/SET/ARCANE??does it means it is items that holds the highest value in gold (price unstable or keep dropping now) or hard to find items (3 arc weapons released in a very short of time and mythics got varieties of same type now) or just something that gv u better stats than others (i can see now some myth and arcs not gving u a good stats/proc compared to past items)??

now about pets..this one is actually something different...lower rarity pets are going to be more like higher rarity pets..legendaries can overpowerd arcanes..see now how pets with less then 1m or 500k can beat 3m+ pet..

so tell me what is the meaning of items/pets rarity???
    So you want arcane weapon 20m+ again? Like before ren gol expansion?? Then you think they got they meaning again after back to that price? I sure it wont, now arcane drop rate was higher than lock grand crate of watch, try to open 100 watch crate im not sure you will loot 1 arcane. The only reason arcane items drop was because a new arcane that was better than old one, dont blame sts cause they release new arcane :/ its about time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Ain't no player nicer than maarkus in this game. Prob very few that put in more work too. If he talks, I listen. He ain't making things up.

-darthpapa Iordvader smurfpower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Memnochthedevil View Post
    i will comment on a post where they want the prices of arcane items to go back to tindirin expansion before collapse, where to get an arcane item was alot harder that it is today to loot a set item. Did you find it normal that the arcane ring was 100m+? That samuel was 30m and maul 27?
    You want prestige farm the new set. You bought your set or any other item that is rare in this season so you dont know the value of farming. Go spend a couple of hours a day and run for that set and then will speck about the value of arcane items and mythics. If would make you happier ask sts to switch set items to be arcane items. Some ppl make the money by opening lockeds others by farming.

The prices of arcane and mythics have a good price price right now. They should maybe make the farmed items be the best not the ones where all you have to do is buy some lockeds and opening them. Why not make arcane items drop like set items and add legendsry to the lockeds. That would be the best if you want prestige of owning an arcane item you farm your *** off till you get it not buy everything from people. I think you maarkus forgot how it is to farm so maybe you should go back and try to loot some raw core that i see you wanna buy and then will have a chat about the prices ok and the value of items in the game.
    You have identified one problem which Maarkus has been talking about for at least 2 years: that the best items should be farmed and not found in locks. Problem comes when STS tries to cheapen the stuff that comes from locks... cue the rage from the plat whales and the threats to "pull my money from game and park my dollars in another more rewarding MMO". This actually happened by the way, at the start of the Ren'gol expansion.

Arcanes should not be so powerful that they are the ONLY viable gear that is worth getting. That was the point Maarkus was trying to argue in his case for proper gear progression. The Arcane ring was worth 100+mil in seasons gone past because it was by and far the best item in the game. The next best alternative (the blood ruby) was so weak in comparison it was like comparing a Porsche to a Daihatsu (I'm sorry if the comparison offended anyone). What should be the case is a more gradual increase in power along the rarity tiers. The Arcane item should not be so powerful that it makes the legendary and mythic class items totally irrelevant. Good examples of Arcane items not being overly-powerful include Hammerjaw and Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks (the first Arcane pet and weapon respectively). They gave the owners an edge, but not overwhelmingly so.

Also, with so many Mythic and Arcane items across every category of items (armor, helm, weapon, belt, ring, amulet) there is NO room for legendary items in any decent player's inventory. And what are the farmable items? LEGENDARY ITEMS. Oh wait, aren't the Set items farmable as well? True, but consider that the set bonus only works in a limited part of the game and does not even work in PvP, which honestly houses most of the game's best-geared players. The bulk of the items that are best are still found in locks. For the average player who farms and does not spend plat, how will the legendary items help to earn them anything?

And finally... before you so casually accuse Maarkus of having forgotten how to farm, before the era of the overpowered tank weapons, Maarkus was often found alone in the elite maps farming by himself because as powerful as he was, no one wanted to farm with a tank. He is one of the best PvE tanks I have ever known. Do not think to belittle someone you do not know.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    I agree with you Maarkus. Whether in real life or in a game, having rare or luxury items make people feel good.

The new system makes it hard to get excited about new weapons because it has no rarity. When a new mythic weapon comes out, it used to mean that you had an advantage over other players, which usually lasted a few months, giving others something to work towards in that time. Do you know what new mythic weapons mean now? It means everyone go spend 2m for a new one and by next week we'll all be equal again. The only thing that changes is your 2m is gone, you spend one day transferring jewels and the name of your weapon changes. After that, everyone is back to status quo and that's why it's difficult to get excited about new items.

Set rarity is blah! It was a failure for 2/3 classes last season. So far this season it's not looking too good unless you're a pve only player. Mixed players will need to own 2 different sets, including 2 different sets of jewels. That's unreasonable.

Moreover, right now the only difference between a rich and poor player is their jewels. Having noble jewels over fortified doesn't exactly wet my whistle. I'd like to see rarity come back like it was in season 5 or 6
    The only reason you are whinning and support this post is because right now you die alot in pvp for lack of skills. Please take a sit and dont comment if your only complain is that you get killed in pvp because ppl are geared as good as you.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-07-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    You have identified one problem which Maarkus has been talking about for at least 2 years: that the best items should be farmed and not found in locks. Problem comes when STS tries to cheapen the stuff that comes from locks... cue the rage from the plat whales and the threats to "pull my money from game and park my dollars in another more rewarding MMO". This actually happened by the way, at the start of the Ren'gol expansion.

Arcanes should not be so powerful that they are the ONLY viable gear that is worth getting. That was the point Maarkus was trying to argue in his case for proper gear progression. The Arcane ring was worth 100+mil in seasons gone past because it was by and far the best item in the game. The next best alternative (the blood ruby) was so weak in comparison it was like comparing a Porsche to a Daihatsu (I'm sorry if the comparison offended anyone). What should be the case is a more gradual increase in power along the rarity tiers. The Arcane item should not be so powerful that it makes the legendary and mythic class items totally irrelevant. Good examples of Arcane items not being overly-powerful include Hammerjaw and Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks (the first Arcane pet and weapon respectively). They gave the owners an edge, but not overwhelmingly so.

Also, with so many Mythic and Arcane items across every category of items (armor, helm, weapon, belt, ring, amulet) there is NO room for legendary items in any decent player's inventory. And what are the farmable items? LEGENDARY ITEMS. Oh wait, aren't the Set items farmable as well? True, but consider that the set bonus only works in a limited part of the game and does not even work in PvP, which honestly houses most of the game's best-geared players. The bulk of the items that are best are still found in locks. For the average player who farms and does not spend plat, how will the legendary items help to earn them anything?

And finally... before you so casually accuse Maarkus of having forgotten how to farm, before the era of the overpowered tank weapons, Maarkus was often found alone in the elite maps farming by himself because as powerful as he was, no one wanted to farm with a tank. He is one of the best PvE tanks I have ever known. Do not think to belittle someone you do not know.
    Well i had the chance to run like 3-4 weeks ago citadel elite with him and i would disagree with you. The map is been out for quite a while and if he doesnt know how to tank it it means he barelly run it. So from that comes my comment that he forgot how to farm. I dont belitle him, but if he support the ideea that best items should be in lockeds i cant agree with this post. Most of the players are suporting him here complain about the fact that in pvp gears doesnt matter as much as skill now. I think arcane items should be the most sought out, but all items arcane or mythics you should be able to farm and be able yo buy them in a couple of months. To play for an entire season to upgrade from legendary to mythic or arcane is really insane thats why i think this season is ok. I think if the weapon would remain at this price would be fair. But maybe also the insane amount of arcane items in the market is because the number of players has increased alot more then 2-3 season ago and thats why the lower price of items. Alot more people are opening lockeds.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Memnochthedevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well i had the chance to run like 3-4 weeks ago citadel elite with him and i would disagree with you. The map is been out for quite a while and if he doesnt know how to tank it it means he barelly run it. So from that comes my comment that he forgot how to farm. I dont belitle him, but if he support the ideea that best items should be in lockeds i cant agree with this post. Most of the players are suporting him here complain about the fact that in pvp gears doesnt matter as much as skill now. I think arcane items should be the most sought out, but all items arcane or mythics you should be able to farm and be able yo buy them in a couple of months. To play for an entire season to upgrade from legendary to mythic or arcane is really insane thats why i think this season is ok. I think if the weapon would remain at this price would be fair. But maybe also the insane amount of arcane items in the market is because the number of players has increased alot more then 2-3 season ago and thats why the lower price of items. Alot more people are opening lockeds.
    I'm also one of those old school players and I do have to say Maarkus makes many valid points. Back in the days "Arcanes/Mythics" has a special meaning and place. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics is a joke a best. You have Arcane pets that's less desirable than it's Mythic counterparts. You have newly minted Arcanes that's less desirable than lvl 51 Mythics or even lvl 46 Arcanes/Mythics.

Back then, Arcanes were selling for 25-100m because they were the best and you know it will be relevant for many expansion to come. Arcane Ring is still considered the best ring in game today and it's been out since Tindrin. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics are so common and the stats are barely worth the investment.

In regards to farming, back then, you can thrive in an expansion with just Legendary items. Nowadays, a full set of Antignome doesn't mean much cuz the maps are so difficult. Try thriving on Legendary items nowadays you'll be laughed at. STS have created the notion that there are things to farm for such as the Antignome/Banished sets. To those that have made hundreds even thousands of runs what have you looted so far??? I can say I have looted a "RECIPE"... oh wow... Hundreds of runs, many many pots and ankhs used for a "RECIPE". If you were a hardcore farmer in the old days you are GUARANTEED to come out ahead cuz Legendary items were worth a lot of gold. I remembered selling Magma Assault for $5m gold, Archon Ring of Potency for $7m. Yes, Arcanes/Mythics were expensive but they were not unobtainable. There were things to look forward to farming back then, now the only real viable option is KM3..

I too would like to see Arcanes/Mythics drop from mobs/bosses but we all know that's not going to happen cuz STS needs to make their money to keep things running. If mobs/bosses drop Arcanes/Mythics/Set Items... etc.. lockeds would be worthless.

This is not an attack on anyone, just my 2 cents on the state of AL...
    Last edited by Melthyz; 07-07-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I miss my planar blades and expedition bow . . not the best but it got the job done.. those were true legendary weapons. . I have arcane weapon now but I still can't do end game maps efficiently. . suicide is the word that comes to mind when I think about running end game with new "legendary" weapons.

something is definitely wrong when your only option comes in locks!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    I miss my planar blades and expedition bow . . not the best but it got the job done.. those were true legendary weapons. . I have arcane weapon now but I still can't do end game maps efficiently. . suicide is the word that comes to mind when I think about running end game with new "legendary" weapons.

something is definitely wrong when your only option comes in locks!
    About the deaths there is nothing you can do because introduced the term of one hit like never before. If you run underhul and your unlucky to not stun the litle elfs dressed in black armour you and your party are dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    I'm also one of those old school players and I do have to say Maarkus makes many valid points. Back in the days "Arcanes/Mythics" has a special meaning and place. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics is a joke a best. You have Arcane pets that's less desirable than it's Mythic counterparts. You have newly minted Arcanes that's less desirable than lvl 51 Mythics or even lvl 46 Arcanes/Mythics.

Back then, Arcanes were selling for 25-100m because they were the best and you know it will be relevant for many expansion to come. Arcane Ring is still considered the best ring in game today and it's been out since Tindrin. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics are so common and the stats are barely worth the investment.

In regards to farming, back then, you can thrive in an expansion with just Legendary items. Nowadays, a full set of Antignome doesn't mean much cuz the maps are so difficult. Try thriving on Legendary items nowadays you'll be laughed at. STS have created the notion that there are things to farm for such as the Antignome/Banished sets. To those that have made hundreds even thousands of runs what have you looted so far??? I can say I have looted a "RECIPE"... oh wow... Hundreds of runs, many many pots and ankhs used for a "RECIPE". If you were a hardcore farmer in the old days you are GUARANTEED to come out ahead cuz Legendary items were worth a lot of gold. I remembered selling Magma Assault for $5m gold, Archon Ring of Potency for $7m. Yes, Arcanes/Mythics were expensive but they were not unobtainable. There were things to look forward to farming back then, now the only real viable option is KM3..

I too would like to see Arcanes/Mythics drop from mobs/bosses but we all know that's not going to happen cuz STS needs to make their money to keep things running. If mobs/bosses drop Arcanes/Mythics/Set Items... etc.. lockeds would be worthless.

This is not an attack on anyone, just my 2 cents on the state of AL...

Back then ppl that were opening lockeds were complaining that not enough arcane items drops. Now we complain that to many drop. Also because of the bigger chance to loot arcane items alot more ppl are buying and opening lockeds. And im sure from tindirin to now the number of players has increased alot more thats why the big amount of arcane and mythics, because of players like to the the risk now. Main reason ppl are complaining is because sts releases to many items to soon and the hard earn gold over the season now is going to waste. As i said stuff that can affect game play should not be exclusive to the richest players, how arcane ring was. That was absurb. I farmed alot back then and i farm alot now, but at least now i can afford to get best items. Only exclusive items to make you feel rich and stand out should be vanities and other stuff that dont affect game play. Set items no matter what it was a very good ideea. The problem is not the set but the way to manny one hits that you get from boss or some mobs.

PS: Tindirin best legeendary weapons came from lockeds - Bow for rogue, gun for mage, and for warrior i think best weapon dropped from 4th map of tindirin.

If you really wanna complain about something, complain about the fact that they made all coins and teeth tradable. Whatbwad worth farming a month ago has no value now.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-07-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Back then ppl that were opening lockeds were complaining that not enough arcane items drops. Now we complain that to many drop. Also because of the bigger chance to loot arcane items alot more ppl are buying and opening lockeds. And im sure from tindirin to now the number of players has increased alot more thats why the big amount of arcane and mythics, because of players like to the the risk now. Main reason ppl are complaining is because sts releases to many items to soon and the hard earn gold over the season now is going to waste. As i said stuff that can affect game play should not be exclusive to the richest players, how arcane ring was. That was absurb. I farmed alot back then and i farm alot now, but at least now i can afford to get best items. Only exclusive items to make you feel rich and stand out should be vanities and other stuff that dont affect game play. Set items no matter what it was a very good ideea. The problem is not the set but the way to manny one hits that you get from boss or some mobs.
    Are you sure, your farming is paying off that much as you claim? I'm just asking cuz unless you have the luck of a leprachuan I dun see how farming now is better than farming back then?

I was once a plat user not anymore, i dun even buy keys to open lockeds because it's not worth the effort. At least back then if you looted say the "Arcane Shard" you would go crazy. Nowadays, gimme an Arcane I go... /yawn... I heard so many sob stories of people going broke on lockeds it's crazy. If people would just do some simple math, the chance of you getting screwed by these lockeds are way higher than the chance of you getting super rich. In most cases breaking even would be a best case scenario cuz even if you looted an Arcane it's really just enough to cover ur intial investment.

Lastly, I have no issue with people spending real hard earned money to keep AL going. Not everyone can play this game 24/7 some of us have full time jobs and other obligations to attend to. So, if they want to pay to stay relevant I dun see an issue with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Exactly as i said in my first post there are ppl that get the stuff they need by farming and the Ones that get theyre gold by opening lockeds. All i am saying right now is that the system is good. And yes my farming paid for all my stuff i farmed citadel and chamber and looted quite a few of belts, armours and helmets for warrior, and a few recipes. now thats gone because the new mythic is better then the lvl 56 legendary.

Ussually i make my gold from events but this time is kinda hard.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-07-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Exactly as i said in my first post there are ppl that get the stuff they need by farming and the Ones that get theyre gold by opening lockeds. All i am saying right now is that the system is good. And yes my farming paid for all my stuff i farmed citadel and chamber and looted quite a few of belts, armours and helmets for warrior, and a few recipes. now thats gone because the new mythic is better then the lvl 56 legendary.

Ussually i make my gold from events but this time is kinda hard.
    This thread is not about you and not about farming vs. opening crates. It is also not a nerf-buff-cry thread. It s about a progression in a speed that trashes all categories below and even parts of mythic to junk way too fast. It devalues the efforts players make way too fast. i don't count set items, since they're just too rare, but why shouldn't a good legendary item be worth something like before? There are very valid points in Maarkus well thought out post and with all the good things sts did this season, i would also ask to reflect again about the rarity brackets (rengol runes, ... anyone?).

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    This thread is not about you and not about farming vs. opening crates. It is also not a nerf-buff-cry thread. It s about a progression in a speed that trashes all categories below and even parts of mythic to junk way too fast. It devalues the efforts players make way too fast. i don't count set items, since they're just too rare, but why shouldn't a good legendary item be worth something like before? There are very valid points in Maarkus well thought out post and with all the good things sts did this season, i would also ask to reflect again about the rarity brackets (rengol runes, ... anyone?).
    It seems STS made like the Glintstone expansion didn't happen. 900 glint coins was the compensation for an entire set. I high doubt we'll be revisiting those rengol runes again if that's the approach they took with the Glint sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    runes :-\
    I think some ppl bought for +5m. . . eish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

runes :-\
    I think some ppl bought for +5m. . . eish
    That was in the beginning, before elites were released and people didnt knew whats the use of runes so that has nothing to do with farming. Those people looted those runes from chests bought with orc tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

That was in the beginning, before elites were released and people didnt knew whats the use of runes so that has nothing to do with farming. Those people looted those runes from chests bought with orc tags.
    Yep, they jumped the gun and paid for it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    Yep, they jumped the gun and paid for it...
    don't you think they jumped the gun and bought it because its rarity is mythic?
    I think that was very misleading
    Last edited by aneshsinghblu; 07-08-2016 at 02:10 AM. Reason: auto correct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

don't you think they jumped the gun and bought it because its rarity is mythic?
    I think that was very misleading
    It was, but that's what happens when people start speculating. Sometimes you win big, in this case it was a disaster for those that did invest ahead of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I actually like the fact I can finnaly afford mythic and arcane weapons and be able to run elites with little to no problem it's unfair that only rich players should have good gear as I've been playing two years and just barely got to the point I can afford it.