Thread: Mini-Game idea: In towne boxing rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Talking Mini-Game idea: In towne boxing rings

This would be a fun way to pass the time in townes. In towne there would be a boxing ring. You could go around tone and challenge any player, regardless of level, and if they accepted and the ring was open you would both be teleported into the ring. You would be wearing boxing shorts and gloves. There would be no skills or stats involved, only a punching auto attack. However, this would only hit the other person if they didnt block it with a punch of their own or if they weren't out of reach. So it would kinda be like real boxing, and levels wouldnt matter. You could also buy different color boxing gloves and shorts in towne- Lets say after you have 5 wins you could buy red gear, then 20 wins you could have green, then 50 blue, etc. The last color would be purple. Boxing gloves would be bought with plat and when not in the ring could go in the vanity shield slot. shorts would appear on you when you wore the gloves. This way you could prance around towne n your sweet gear looking for others who also were you rank and challenge them. Anyone in the towne could spectate the relatively short matches by going to the ring and asking a npc to spectate. In guild halls you could have the option to buy a ring for you guild aswell. I think the townes should each have a ring, but each towne's ring would look slightly different, for example in balefort sewers ring you would be sloshing around in puddles of water while Frost hollow's ring might be a slippery patch of ice. This would make each course challenging and cause players to explore more townes to find new opponents and rings. However I think that this should not have leaderboards for this, and you would only show Ko's on your stats page, not losses. That way people would have nothing to cheat for.

Just an Idea i had while eating breakfast. Comments/critique ? And please excuse any spelling as I am typing with one hand while devouring muffins.
    Last edited by Conradin; 07-24-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thats sick! Haha I love the idea of mini games. You or Anyone else should think up of more ideas for mini games
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another mini game could be battling waves of enemies. First 4 waves would be the mobs of forest haven. Then the next few would be the bosses. It goes to the next towne after every boss of the previous towne is destroyed. Also it would be a good idea to party up with any lvl and do it with them. I got this while reading this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Great ideas- keep em coming.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive been thinking about a breakdance emote but .Even better... a corner of Belfort all graffeti on walls with 3x3 cardboard and ducttape ring would be shizzy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Oh and how about for the swamps a ring full of mud and pools of green water.
    RIP Twinktastic

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

a different pvp game: defense.

Each team has a tower to defend. Waves of enemies come to attack it. The team's tower with most hp after the final wave wins
    (opposing teams will not have contact with one another, thus you cannot kill one another.) You could even have orbs that spawn to either benefit your team or hinder your opponent's team (ex of help: team damage orbs, ex of hindering: stuns or blind)

also: hero wars variation (not expecting this to ever really happen)

start at level 1 and gain exp by killing enemy mobs or players. (equips worn while entering the arena have no requirements. If you rejoin you drop back to level 1/ if you unequip your equips you'll need to rejoin, or meet the requirements, disable respecs as that would be an exploit. Reset stats and equipment requirements when a player as left the arena or logged out) Destroy enemy towers to gain huge exp bonuses and orbs for your team. Main towers are the final goal; team with the last tower standing wins...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

How about CONQUEST!!! there will be certian buildings that are point of conquest you kill the other team to get the point in a time limit you have to conquer all the spots and who ever has more spots win the match after the time limit another idea is to add this in the game as quest there should be more strateic quest like you have to take stuff from one place to another or help get an npc across the places and he is like your team member but he camt die or you lose the quest amd protect certain things in the same way as conquest
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like the mini game idea!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I like the wave fighting idea alot, i had the same one, except it would be 3 people instead of five, and after every wave you get to spin a slot machine type deal that give you atk or def. Bonuses, and hindering as well, Killing waves with bonuses net you less points per wave as it is easier, and killing waves while hindered scores you more points. There could be a leaderboard for most points, most waves killed, and you could make it harder and harder till you are fighting fridge and shadow witch and other difficult bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I like the wave fighting idea alot, i had the same one, except it would be 3 people instead of five, and after every wave you get to spin a slot machine type deal that give you atk or def. Bonuses, and hindering as well, Killing waves with bonuses net you less points per wave as it is easier, and killing waves while hindered scores you more points. There could be a leaderboard for most points, most waves killed, and you could make it harder and harder till you are fighting fridge and shadow witch and other difficult bosses

How about one for SL. You ship carrying your team of 5 players and an npc captain have crashed in the jungle mountsins of scorn territory. Wave after wave of enemies pour into your base with a 5 second break in betwen waves. See how long you can keep your captain alive. Commandos could push boulders up as defenses, engineers could erect energy shields and operatives could turn on turrets. All these would need to be moved or mended as the enemies bear down on them. The mobs would be scaled to the highest lvled player, so all could enjoy this game. Each wave these enemies would get a little stronger, and there would be boss rounds every so often. Your team would get points for how long you survive and the highest scoring teams would have their names up on the LB. It would be a great thing for guilds to do aswell. A similar PL game could be your ship crashes in enemy territory.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My idea is capture the base. You would start out in a base, then you have to exit it and go capture other bases. This would last like ten minutes and then the team with the most bases wins. You would have to defend them from enemies while trying to steal your opponents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Lmao. I wanna eat breakfast with YOU some day XD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dethwarior View Post
    Another mini game could be battling waves of enemies. First 4 waves would be the mobs of forest haven. Then the next few would be the bosses. It goes to the next towne after every boss of the previous towne is destroyed. Also it would be a good idea to party up with any lvl and do it with them. I got this while reading this thread
    Wow good idea, sounds dun, just like tower defence or somthing like that in DOTA (warcraft) hope devs can make through this