Thread: Fists of Fury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fists of Fury

My main is an engineer and I was curious what opinions range on fist weapons. I have an 21 engi who uses the crafted x5's...I have been told that Stoneklawz is better? Discuss...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmmm...

Dosumn (26) Engineer
    Kelmud (26) Commando
    Levay (25) Operative

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Stoneklawz- i like better
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool..stoneclawz has been the consensus thus far. Saw some in the AH today for 4750...not gonna do that
    Off to bbb...

Dosumn (26) Engineer
    Kelmud (26) Commando
    Levay (25) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The thing with the gloves is while they have higher DPS and faster speed than other weapons, a Repeater type weapon or even a rifle has better damage numbers and about the same amount of Int if you get the one with Int.

DPS has no effect on skill damage and only affects normal attack damage.

I use a one handed Foreman level 19 (Dont think it goes any higher currently) and it has higher damage numbers and IIRC the same or more Int than Stone, but lower DPS by only a couple of points. I'd never use Stone, especially when shields come out. It's good to be able to survive and the loss of DPS is negligible because Engineers aren't there for DPS.

It's like comparing staff to wand for PL, except the "staff" for SL is a faster attacking weapon but with otherwise inferior damage numbers. I never see Foreman in the AH because people don't know that there's better stuff out there, so it isn't farmed much.

Just keep this in mind.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    The thing with the gloves is while they have higher DPS and faster speed than other weapons, a Repeater type weapon or even a rifle has better damage numbers and about the same amount of Int if you get the one with Int.

DPS has no effect on skill damage and only affects normal attack damage.

I use a one handed Foreman level 19 (Dont think it goes any higher currently) and it has higher damage numbers and IIRC the same or more Int than Stone, but lower DPS by only a couple of points. I'd never use Stone, especially when shields come out. It's good to be able to survive and the loss of DPS is negligible because Engineers aren't there for DPS.

It's like comparing staff to wand for PL, except the "staff" for SL is a faster attacking weapon but with otherwise inferior damage numbers. I never see Foreman in the AH because people don't know that there's better stuff out there, so it isn't farmed much.

Just keep this in mind.

The gloves must do something we haven't noticed yet. I mean the Heavy weapons for Commandos do splash damage, the duel weapons for Ops seem to have higher dps. There has to be something that makes these a worthwhile equip for the Engineer.

SL: Horsethemando - 25 | Horsetheneer - 20 | Horsetheop - 20
    PL: Horsethebear - 48 | Horsetheelf - 45 | Horsethebird - 15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was using the L20 plat gloves until I noticed the Doc amp-x pistol has 1 higher damage and the same speed. Can't really tell a difference between the two, but they are both better than the X5 gloves. The sniper rifles and carbines have higher damage numbers, but you really notice the dps difference when running solo.
    Last edited by Raulur; 08-03-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I dunno guys. If glove weapons have something cool or special to them, I haven't found it yet. From the testing I'd done before coming up with the above conclusions, gloves are just a fast attacking and flashy (True to their description, it's like lightning in your hand and looks cool) two handed weapon with otherwise unimpressive stats and lower weapon numbers than other weapons that also carry the same (Or sometimes even better) Int modifiers and/or better weapon damage.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I dunno guys. If glove weapons have something cool or special to them, I haven't found it yet. From the testing I'd done before coming up with the above conclusions, gloves are just a fast attacking and flashy (True to their description, it's like lightning in your hand and looks cool) two handed weapon with otherwise unimpressive stats and lower weapon numbers than other weapons that also carry the same (Or sometimes even better) Int modifiers and/or better weapon damage.
    I believe a weapon that should replace the handblasters, is duel hand cannons....but they might make that for the ops
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Probably.

Also is it just me or do they animate only with one hand shooting lightning and don't alternate? Why is it a two handed weapon if you're only attacking with one hand? Might make them worthwhile if it was a one handed weapon, since then people could choose speed or power for one handed. This is even reinforced by how higher level gloves have a cannon on one hand, and some the plat shop ones are literally a single hand cannon visually. Pretty sure it still counts as two handed, but I didn't check.