Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Opinion about New PVP System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default My Opinion about New PVP System

I appreciate for the effort of Arcane Legends Technical Team that show how they work hard on optimizing the PVP's circumstances.
    However, I strongly claim that the old system,+- 2lvl gap, is way better than now.

The first reason is the lowest level user will disappear soon because they can't be survived and they can't do anything with the highest level blanket which means their several years effort will be foundered.

Secondly, 'one level gap' means 10 to 15 damages and 100 to 200 health point as if the same set of gears, but the new system cannot overcome the level gap through the teamwork due to the limitation of the level gap.

Lastly, the new system will destroy the friendship and connections between the guild and their members.

As a result, the new system will downsize the all around users of PVP. I wish STS team restore the former system as soon as possible, and sincerely, I'm really thankful for all of your efforts.
    Last edited by vnpc; 05-06-2016 at 07:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vnpc For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I have been suggesting the new pvp set up we have now for years. What you had mention were the disadvantages, but its a compromise we had to take so we can move on to a more fair PvP. All the players on lower level will be forced to level up to the bracket's cap level. Hince, it would create equality specially on hardcore PvPers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    I have been suggesting the new pvp set up we have now for years. What you had mention were the disadvantages, but its a compromise we had to take so we can move on to a more fair PvP. All the players on lower level will be forced to level up to the bracket's cap level. Hince, it would create equality specially on hardcore PvPers.
    the problem is they have been look for their gear maximized in their zone for long time. then it just changed without noticed. regard to twink pvp. the maxed gear will be rarest and the other zone especially the level like 6,11,16,21 their maxed gear will be soon useless. noone would go low lvl and maxed gear and get farmed by higher level.
    i dont find fairness here. they also put so many effort to find the right gear.
    Last edited by wlsgh15; 05-07-2016 at 05:05 AM.

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    the problem is they have been look for their gear maximized in their zone for long time. then it just changed without noticed. regard to twink pvp. the maxed gear will be rarest and the other zone especially the level like 6,11,16,21 their maxed gear will be soon useless. noone would go low lvl and maxed gear and get farmed by higher level.
    i dont find fariness here. they also put so many effort to find the right gear.
    I'm talking about fairness in PVP fights, not fairness in game investments. I'm very much affected with this endeavour I am a level 16 twink with my gears and pets poured on that twink.

Its fair, why? Because as you said none will fight a maxed gear and highier level than thiers. This will force the lower level to climb up on the max level for that bracket. Its really a waste to give up those para-eye gears at level16 that I had, but if this PVP system will be permanent then I have no choice but to give up the gears and move on.

This will only hurt at the beginning, but as the new pvp system goes this will even up the playing field in the future. This only hurt us because we refuse to discard our invested gears and we stick to that bracket. Why would I keep my level16 gears and fight level 20s? I would discard/sell my level16 gears and fight them in even field (both level20). Once everyone gets in the same level, then thats the fairness I'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm talking about fairness in PVP fights, not fairness in game investments. I'm very much affected with this endeavour I am a level 16 twink with my gears and pets poured on that twink.

Its fair, why? Because as you said none will fight a maxed gear and highier level than thiers. This will force the lower level to climb up on the max level for that bracket. Its really a waste to give up those para-eye gears at level16 that I had, but if this PVP system will be permanent then I have no choice but to give up the gears and move on.

This will only hurt at the beginning, but as the new pvp system goes this will even up the playing field in the future. This only hurt us because we refuse to discard our invested gears and we stick to that bracket. Why would I keep my level16 gears and fight level 20s? I would discard/sell my level16 gears and fight them in even field (both level20). Once everyone gets in the same level, then thats the fairness I'm talking about.
    the thing is the level 16 op geared price would not the same as level 20 and the tier in maxed gear might be extremely expensive once everyone moved there and I don't think people would waste their time to find it again maybe quit the game permanently. without notice, changing system would be chaos for hardcore player and core player too in my opinion. esp who ever settled in the zone for longtime. its really hard to move on..

examples of pet like singe, it wont make stun above 40 zone because the rogue dodge immune the stun.
    so which possibly pet has been wasted.

if players knowed the game will changing, they could consider to move tier zone and start again.

each zone has different tactic and styles and I am sure some people have adjusted in their zone.

I have been played endgame,twinks most of level zone and it was way different of course basic strategy is simple but once you go for further its way alot different.

if the level braket has to changed, they should changed the jewel for their braket.

examples of jewel: level 5-9 zone use weak one and the level 10 upgrade to standard so possibly give 11 stat but if para gear involved, it would be way different.

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    the thing is the level 16 op geared price would not the same as level 20 and the tier in maxed gear might be extremely expensive once everyone moved there and I don't think people would waste their time to find it again maybe quit the game permanently. without notice, changing system would be chaos for hardcore player and core player too in my opinion. esp who ever settled in the zone for longtime. its really hard to move on..

examples of pet like singe, it wont make stun above 40 zone because the rogue dodge immune the stun.
    so which possibly pet has been wasted.

if players knowed the game will changing, they could consider to move tier zone and start again.

each zone has different tactic and styles and I am sure some people have adjusted in their zone.

I have been played endgame,twinks most of level zone and it was way different of course basic strategy is simple but once you go for further its way alot different.

if the level braket has to changed, they should changed the jewel for their braket.

examples of jewel: level 5-9 zone use weak one and the level 10 upgrade to standard so possibly give 11 stat but if para gear involved, it would be way different.
    So in the end, its the "investment" fairness you were talking about and not the "PVP-fairness".
    "Real-hardcore" players won't quit with something like this. And dodge don't evade stuns (Singe AA can still stun me in level46 and level56).
    Each zone have different tactics and style, but all of those came from player's flexibility and ability to adapt to changes. Tactics and strategies will adapt.
    There are no problems on jewels since everyone will fight at the same level, unless you stick on your lower level toon and do not adapt with the change.

#AdaptAndFairness

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So in the end, its the "investment" fairness you were talking about and not the "PVP-fairness".
    "Real-hardcore" players won't quit with something like this. And dodge don't evade stuns (Singe AA can still stun me in level46 and level56).
    Each zone have different tactics and style, but all of those came from player's flexibility and ability to adapt to changes. Tactics and strategies will adapt.
    There are no problems on jewels since everyone will fight at the same level, unless you stick on your lower level toon and do not adapt with the change.

#AdaptAndFairness
    then I can fairly ask about refund gold as I hatched arcane eggs in many characters and you were talking about fairness consider to everyone stop at tier level but how many people will do if the tier maxed gear are all taken and there would be no competition for them? it's not just about investment. every player try their effort in finding right gear and now twink gear are very rare since many people stopped playing due to change. then STS should make para and eye gems back so everyone can be fair.
    only selected people can have their fairness if they in the tier. it's not about adapting. I am sure you will know what gear make alot differ in pvp.
    fairness is not just forcely change the system.
    they should have announced it before huge changes.
    tell me how many people still playing pvp in any levek twink at the moment.
    it's still less i am sure.

Singe AA in rogue didnt dodge me most of times because the dodge 46 lvl rogue have averagely 50percent

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Kinzmet has a very very good point. Every time the game has introduced something new, people have had to continue their losses and adapt. Not everything goes to your plan. Personally I absolutely love the idea of fixed level zones, and if everyone wants pvp to be as FAIR as possible the have they opportunity to level, buy gears and kill.

Tip of the day: make high level friends.
    - (un) Retired -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Kinzmet has a very very good point. Every time the game has introduced something new, people have had to continue their losses and adapt. Not everything goes to your plan. Personally I absolutely love the idea of fixed level zones, and if everyone wants pvp to be as FAIR as possible the have they opportunity to level, buy gears and kill.

Tip of the day: make high level friends.
    Pvp was already fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Pvp was already fair
    At lower levels, 2 levels higher made it hard to kill. The extra armor, especially between 9 and 11 was just too high. Now 9s cant meet 11.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    At lower levels, 2 levels higher made it hard to kill. The extra armor, especially between 9 and 11 was just too high. Now 9s cant meet 11.
    And 15s cant meet 16s. And 10s cant meet 11s. And u call this fair when some guilds cant even pvp together anymore?
    Last edited by Justg; 05-07-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: less drama

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Here is my partner’s latest thoughts on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yeah - the old system had some really cool aspects. I'm proud of that design 'cause it did a great job of matchmaking AL's early (very small) PVP community. And honestly, back in the beginning we didn't put an emphasis on PVP balance. Throwing characters at any level against characters at any two levels above or below was just fine. Today, with a desire to achieve balanced fights in our PVP arenas, the flaws of the original system are presenting challenges that make it excessively difficult to manage. Especially considering how big the advancement game has become and how vast the equipment offerings have grown. So, I assert that adding more complexity to the old system would move us in the wrong direction.

It is true that the new system puts pressure on competitors to advance to the top of each numerical Tier. From a game design perspective, this is cool because it ensures that we can achieve an exciting and competitive balance for these Tiers. Balancing ten tiers is profoundly simpler than balancing the combination of fifty-six individual levels within a margin of two levels above and below.

Now: could I have told everybody about these Tier plans before they were implemented? Yup. That's my bad. Sorry. No excuses :-/
    But that reminds me... I need to post in the Pet Forum to break the news about the unbelievably powerful pet power swapping system and the upcoming Arcane Ability combo system. These will have an impressive effect on everything PVE, PVP and their respective economies.
    Keeping the conversation drama-free ensure that you have a voice in what we do next.

I am consolidating PvP threads into this one so we can more easily monitor the feedback, thanks:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-and-PvP-Tiers
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com