Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: my thoughts on twink pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default my thoughts on twink pvp

I don't like that pvp system has settled by level braket to 1-5 , 6-10, 11-15 , 16-20 ,20-25 and so on

so if some twink was 6,7,8 or 11,12,13 case, they just farming death.

I 've been waiting and try to merching better gear now the gear i bought op price its useless.

Do you know each lvl of braket have maxed gear of pvp players and sometimes they can handle 1level above or 2level above

but if they are heaps of them, who have been settled in zone at 6 or 11 or 16 , they have maxed gear but still get deathmonger.

please fix this issue ASAP.

many thanks
    Last edited by Justg; 05-07-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: less drama

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yes argreed!!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

The bracket system is the fix to un-even level match up. Example level 1-5 the levels 1 to 4 will be forced to go to level 5 so they can keep up with the fight. The problem is not on the system, but the PvPers who will refuse to go to the top tier level on the bracket were they are playing. WHen everyone is on the top tier level of that bracket, then there would be no more uneven level match ups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    The bracket system is the fix to un-even level match up. Example level 1-5 the levels 1 to 4 will be forced to go to level 5 so they can keep up with the fight. The problem is not on the system, but the PvPers who will refuse to go to the top tier level on the bracket were they are playing. WHen everyone is on the top tier level of that bracket, then there would be no more uneven level match ups.
    and what about the gear we bought on those levels in between? liquidate them? cause no ones is gonna buy it, we spent millions on those gear
    --Beatmap--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

you are talking about fair but force to make level tier?

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Make a dummy
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    No one is forcing you. The decision is purely yours. Either level up and deal with it or stay your level and deal with it.
    - (un) Retired -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    No one is forcing you. The decision is purely yours. Either level up and deal with it or stay your level and deal with it.
    Except there is no reason people should have to make this decision. For some people at the lower end of brackets Its basicly either level up to the top of the gear and lose money on tier or be at a disadvantage for the continuation of pvp. Fortunately for me im at 17, i can already beat all the 18s, most of the 19s were farmed out of the bracket to endgame by my old guilds and i can still deal with the few that remain and 20 is largely inactive so its not too big of a deal for me. But i sympathize for the players at lvl 11-12 for example because 13-15 is still very active.

Giving players an ultimatum of sorts to level up is unreasonable, while i agree with a tier system for the nerfs(even that i think should be 10-14, 15-19 instead of 11-15, 16-20) i think the tier system should only apply to the nerfs and bring back the old pvp zone system. Did anyone have any complaints about it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Not to mention that they also have decrease the time of your pet happiness bonus in pvp. Now is less than 15 minutes, do you really think some people wouldn't notice this?. They are clearly making a behind the scenes experiment.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beatmap View Post
    and what about the gear we bought on those levels in between? liquidate them? cause no ones is gonna buy it, we spent millions on those gear
    If you wan't to liquidate them, then its your own decision. But the game has to progress, without these changes we will be stuck on facing opponents we are out-matched or under-matched with. Having a cap level per bracket would solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by wlsgh15 View Post
    Did you really read my post? The fairness I was talking about was about fair-level-PVP fights, the "force to" your talking about was about YOUR GEARS getting left behind which means its about your "Investments". Don't get me wrong, I have level 16 gears (PARAs and EYEs) which will be useless if ever this becomes permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Except there is no reason people should have to make this decision. For some people at the lower end of brackets Its basicly either level up to the top of the gear and lose money on tier or be at a disadvantage for the continuation of pvp. Fortunately for me im at 17, i can already beat all the 18s, most of the 19s were farmed out of the bracket to endgame by my old guilds and i can still deal with the few that remain and 20 is largely inactive so its not too big of a deal for me. But i sympathize for the players at lvl 11-12 for example because 13-15 is still very active.

Giving players an ultimatum of sorts to level up is unreasonable, while i agree with a tier system for the nerfs(even that i think should be 10-14, 15-19 instead of 11-15, 16-20) i think the tier system should only apply to the nerfs and bring back the old pvp zone system. Did anyone have any complaints about it?
    You got a lot of sense there. I myself was shocked when I experienced it in-game while I hadn't been in forums yet. I think this "level-bracket" thing is still in testing, the devs are trying to solve issue-per-issue. But I can't deny youre right, if ever this thing becomes permanent, they should have informed us ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Lobo View Post
    Not to mention that they also have decrease the time of your pet happiness bonus in pvp. Now is less than 15 minutes, do you really think some people wouldn't notice this?. They are clearly making a behind the scenes experiment.
    That is another topic, please post it in new thread or else we are derailing the topic here. If there are changes in pet's happiness bonus, then I think its uninttended or maybe a mistake or a bug. A dev would clarify this.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Here is my partner’s latest thoughts on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yeah - the old system had some really cool aspects. I'm proud of that design 'cause it did a great job of matchmaking AL's early (very small) PVP community. And honestly, back in the beginning we didn't put an emphasis on PVP balance. Throwing characters at any level against characters at any two levels above or below was just fine. Today, with a desire to achieve balanced fights in our PVP arenas, the flaws of the original system are presenting challenges that make it excessively difficult to manage. Especially considering how big the advancement game has become and how vast the equipment offerings have grown. So, I assert that adding more complexity to the old system would move us in the wrong direction.

It is true that the new system puts pressure on competitors to advance to the top of each numerical Tier. From a game design perspective, this is cool because it ensures that we can achieve an exciting and competitive balance for these Tiers. Balancing ten tiers is profoundly simpler than balancing the combination of fifty-six individual levels within a margin of two levels above and below.

Now: could I have told everybody about these Tier plans before they were implemented? Yup. That's my bad. Sorry. No excuses :-/
    But that reminds me... I need to post in the Pet Forum to break the news about the unbelievably powerful pet power swapping system and the upcoming Arcane Ability combo system. These will have an impressive effect on everything PVE, PVP and their respective economies.
    Keeping the conversation drama-free ensure that you have a voice in what we do next.

I am consolidating PvP threads into this one so we can more easily monitor the feedback, thanks:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-and-PvP-Tiers
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: