Thread: Pros vs Cons on Elite/Normal UNDERHUL EXPANSION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Pros vs Cons on Elite/Normal UNDERHUL EXPANSION

I've been playing the Underul Expansion everyday since its out. And IMO, it's pointless doing Elite runs as of currently vs Normal map. (I know the ends and outs of those maps fairly well)

Advantages for Normal Map are:
    1. Faster runs
    2. Glintstone coins
    3. All SET item drops (even if it's small%)
    4. Golden Heretic chest (chance at Set amulet)
    5. Less expenses in pot usage.

Advantage for Elite Map. Are:
    1. Elite Runners Gold Chest (current state not worth it for the long run/expenses on pot)
    2. Cryostar coins (But really not much different compare to glintstone, not many choices in Store)
    3. Mythic drop from bosses (Small chance, but now it's even not worth it, Bc you can pop a crate now)
    4. Elite Golden Heretic Chest (current state nothing good inside, mostly junk pinks and under)

So again, I ask, what's the benefits of running Elite now in its current state?

STS should have let those SET ITEMS also drop from Elite Maps also and keep it hard to run, then it might be feasible to run Elites. Or STS should have never introduce the Mythic drop in Cryo crate and let the unique mythic drops from Elite boss only.

Well, I do have more to say, but let's leave it for another time. I welcome all constructive feedback.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think u nailed it on the head. There's really zero benefits to farming these maps elites or normal.

Y is everyone so obsessed with the antignome set? We can farm elites with our current gear. I've heard of stories of people wasting tens of millions on the gold heretic chests for the amulet. Good luck recovering those millions farming.

I save more gold from being afk at camp, essentially afk > farming if u think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, for now I think elite Underhull is still not worth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

These are mostly the results from item slowly integrated into the game. (STS staggering system loot). Which obviously doesn't work. By the time it's in game, It gets obsolete too fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    I've been playing the Underul Expansion everyday since its out. And IMO, it's pointless doing Elite runs as of currently vs Normal map. (I know the ends and outs of those maps fairly well)

Advantages for Normal Map are:
    1. Faster runs
    2. Glintstone coins
    3. All SET item drops (even if it's small%)
    4. Golden Heretic chest (chance at Set amulet)
    5. Less expenses in pot usage.

Advantage for Elite Map. Are:
    1. Elite Runners Gold Chest (current state not worth it for the long run/expenses on pot)
    2. Cryostar coins (But really not much different compare to glintstone, not many choices in Store)
    3. Mythic drop from bosses (Small chance, but now it's even not worth it, Bc you can pop a crate now)
    4. Elite Golden Heretic Chest (current state nothing good inside, mostly junk pinks and under)

So again, I ask, what's the benefits of running Elite now in its current state?

STS should have let those SET ITEMS also drop from Elite Maps also and keep it hard to run, then it might be feasible to run Elites. Or STS should have never introduce the Mythic drop in Cryo crate and let the unique mythic drops from Elite boss only.

Well, I do have more to say, but let's leave it for another time. I welcome all constructive feedback.
    I think you're missing the bigger picture. The way things are setup now you can choose to open crates or farm for the items. Just because you can buy plat and open crates doesn't mean everyone else can.

There has to be something for free players as well and running elite gives them a chance to obtain these items also. Besides, how cool would it be to kill an elte boss and a mythic weapon dropped?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujimasun View Post
    I think you're missing the bigger picture. The way things are setup now you can choose to open crates or farm for the items. Just because you can buy plat and open crates doesn't mean everyone else can.

There has to be something for free players as well and running elite gives them a chance to obtain these items also. Besides, how cool would it be to kill an elte boss and a mythic weapon dropped?

The OP and I have witnessed a mythic drop, before the weapons were introduced to crates, and it was awesome! But the market is already saturated with undesired mythics, and prices have dropped to an all-time low. It was truly worth it to run elites when they were first introduced, because even 56 legendaries fetched a high price. I'm personally disappointed that they chose to pad the crates with mythic weapons and 56 legendaries, just so the the arcane necklace can be introduced too. That basically killed underhul elite farming so bad, I don't even understand if there's a purpose for the antignome set. Why waste gold on farming or buying set items to make you OP in a map where there's nothing to gain?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    The OP and I have witnessed a mythic drop, before the weapons were introduced to crates, and it was awesome! But the market is already saturated with undesired mythics, and prices have dropped to an all-time low. It was truly worth it to run elites when they were first introduced, because even 56 legendaries fetched a high price. I'm personally disappointed that they chose to pad the crates with mythic weapons and 56 legendaries, just so the the arcane necklace can be introduced too. That basically killed underhul elite farming so bad, I don't even understand if there's a purpose for the antignome set. Why waste gold on farming or buying set items to make you OP in a map where there's nothing to gain?
    OMG, finally a person with common sense. Thank you my friend there is hope for humanity. I've been wondering y r people wasting millions opening these gold heretic chests when there is no hope of recovering the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gatzoo5505 View Post
    OMG, finally a person with common sense. Thank you my friend there is hope for humanity. I've been wondering y r people wasting millions opening these gold heretic chests when there is no hope of recovering the gold.
    Gaining the full set is not about making gold. Anyway you look at it gold will be spent if you farm or choose to open gold chest. The set will also be upgradable to 56. Everyone is'nt lucky enough to be as fortunate as others .

If you guys feel that there's nothing worth getting at this time maybe it's a good idea to take a break until the goblin event .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujimasun View Post
    Gaining the full set is not about making gold. Anyway you look at it gold will be spent if you farm or choose to open gold chest. The set will also be upgradable to 56. Everyone is'nt lucky enough to be as fortunate as others .

If you guys feel that there's nothing worth getting at this time maybe it's a good idea to take a break until the goblin event .

So u want to spend 100m on a set that's gonna do...NOTHING? I find that concept to be interesting please elaborate...

Obviously we're pointing out these flaws in hope of changes. Maybe ur a fan of the current game but I know many r disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Well, that's thing... ultimately we all have the choice of going after these items or not. The way things are going right now are not flawed, this is what people have been asking for and STS has given it. Additionally, even before this process started STS announced changes were going to be made well in before they were put in place.

They told us gear would be staggered.
    They told us more balance would be brought.
    They told us arcanes and mythics would be farmable.
    They told us that locked crates would no longer dominate the game.
    They told us that non-plat buyers would have a way to open crates.

Am I fan of how things turned out?

Yes and No. Yes, because it shows they have listened and attempted to implement what has been asked for meaning they value input of all players, Plat spending or not.

No, because many do not have the kind of time needed to farm these items (Myself included) and not have much else to drive them when they don't drop. If you want to place blame or point fingers you'll need to look no further than your fellow players who complained about the items they could not obtain that others had the opportunity to do so. And to be quite honest that's all it's ever really been about. Don't take my word for it though, think about when it was raining arcane eggs, arcane shards, myth weapons, and arcane weapons. No one complained and was quite happy since everyone had a chance to obtain these items for very low amounts of gold.

Come to think of it......many people were upset that the market was flooded and supply overtook demand. I gave my opinion on this whole have and have not thing before and will end it the same way I did then. Be careful what you wish for.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kujimasun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well, we can both agreed on something and that's when they "made it rain" that was essentially the start of the downfall. Everything got devalued at a staggering rate. I mean look at what we have today, arcane shards selling for at 1 point 25k. How many would've as the expression goes "given a kidney" for one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I am a LB Player so my only pro for doing 500 Eliteruns is Ap. Then i quit running there cause of scrapdrops......definetely not worth the effort 😕

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)