Thread: Borrowing/Lending System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Borrowing/Lending System

Many, many players ask other players if the could borrow a set or an item for a little bit. Now there are some players who are able to just provide it to them because they trust each other exceedingly well, there are players who are very uncertain about openhandedly giving things away, and players who scam and just keep it. I am reminiscing back at Ao3 times when I lent my void to a "friend" and was utterly scammed of my set. Void then was around 1.5m, for the record. This also happened to another friend of mine Nhany.

Now, I am suggesting a Borrowing/Lending feature in trade menu. This way player’s with friends who have sets they are thinking about purchasing they can ask their friend and give it a test run. And.... The player lending the set will be worry free because it will be returned safely to them. You will be able to choose how long they are able to keep your set/item.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That would be a unique and great feature. +1
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

That would b epic! +1

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Sounds like it would deplete SOME of the scams going around. +2
    Good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make it so that the player borrowing won't be able to do anything other than use it. And the items are automatically returned after a set amount of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I had a similar idea for a guild bank feature, however it could easily be implemented into normal player feature. Here's what I wrote;

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    All bank storage tabs would be able to have their own "simple" titles set by the guild leader (with the same chat filter restrictions). Withdrawal limits set by the guild could include, gold, item quantity, length of loan, and member's rank storage access (again set by guild leader). Let's talk about the bank loan system. I'll use an example, to help explain my idea.

Orcish is a "New Recruit" and has the rank of "PVT" which allows him the ability to; access bank storage tab 3, withdrawal one item and 500 gold every 24 hours. Orcish can view other tabs but has no permissions allowing him to manipulate the other storage tabs(because the guild leader has set the option for all guildies to view all tabs, not just certain officer's, even though they could restrict viewing). Orcish withdrawals an item from bank storage tab 3 which happens to have an "item loan return" (Set particularly for bank storage tab 3 by the guild leader). When Orcish pulls the item from the bank, a ghost icon version of that item appears in the slot where the "physical" item was taken from. Twenty days later, Orcish forgets he has an item on loan status and that item teleports back to the slot, from which it came. Had Orcish clicked on the item prior to it being repossed, he would of seen the; date and time he withdrew the item and how many days and hours left on loan. The guild leader and the officers of the guild had now worries, because all they had to do was, select the ghost item in the bank slot, which would highlight it the ghost item/place keeper, and an information screen would popup with "Withdraw Date:6JULY2011/12:22PM PST BY: ORCISH DUE: 26JULY2011 BY:12:22PM PST" Had Orcish deleted his character, all "Loaned" items would of automatically teleported back to their respective bank storage slots (hence why there is a ghost version of that item). Orcish couldn't trade the item, nor could he sell it, even though he tried. Guild leaders could relax knowing that their guild leader made correct security decisions for the group and that there was always a bank log, to verify all banking activity. Had Orcish been a "Sgt" rank he would been able to hold on to the item without restriction from nontradable status and without a "due" date (because the guild leader set the options for the SGT's rank to "No Item Loan Return"). Also had Orcish been a SGT, he could of sold the item because it was no longer a nontrade or a "loan" item.

I feel that guild leaders must suffer a plat or gold penalty anytime after the first permissions are set, to detour fraud or any potential issues in relation. With a system like this, I don't see how anyone could exploit the bank, unless the guild leader made poor choices in setting up the guild bank options/permissions. I don't know, what do you guys think?
    Pretty much take out the guild permissions and you have a good starting point how a system like this could work. At first, the idea of loaning items with a repo feature didn't set well with me until I thought about safe guarding such a feature.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

You got my vote... This functionality would be top of my wish list.....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like something from runescape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haha just thinking about that too, but really good idea. Yesterday honey gave her fury shield so i could get set bonus when i farmed. I gave it back when we were finished. But i could keep it and ignore her. So really good idea . But who lends something to a friend when he cant trust him for 100% it really looks stupid
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I really like the ideas... Also the one about the bank system

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Also note that a system like this will bring about "rent to own" type business transactions. We would implement that, once a person sets a "return date" that's it, no instant recovery feature, otherwise ppl will rent out equipment only to have it returned back to them any time they wish (which I'm strongly against).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    Also note that a system like this will bring about "rent to own" type business transactions. We would implement that, once a person sets a "return date" that's it, no instant recovery feature, otherwise ppl will rent out equipment only to have it returned back to them any time they wish (which I'm strongly against).
    Absolutely, we had a few discussions about loaning items, I started a thread in the Sen. Members private forum, didn't get many views though.

I'd say having perhaps a "library system" with due dates, with a insta-giveback option, which after the due date, the item will be instantly returned to the owner's stash/invent

Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanis View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but it would be fascinating if the consignment store allowed renting functionality. Players could earn gold by renting items to other players, with a fee paid, a percent of which is paid to the game itself. The fee will be a function of demand and suppy, much like the prices in the CS today, and would be for a fixed period of time (say one week). At the end of the time period, the item is automatically returned to the CS from the renter's inventory. This would mean more items available to players who cannot otherwise afford them, more gold to players who have the items for rent, and more gold drain from the game (which benefits STS). STS could also sell rental slots. Samhayne, what do you think? Does this make the development pipeline?
    Last edited by noobmigo; 07-29-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You know that's an interesting idea, I love the fact that it would be part of CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Renting and lending both sound great!
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I absolutely LOVE this idea! +1

I really wanna complete my shadow set, I have the doll so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themars View Post
    Haha just thinking about that too, but really good idea. Yesterday honey gave her fury shield so i could get set bonus when i farmed. I gave it back when we were finished. But i could keep it and ignore her. So really good idea . But who lends something to a friend when he cant trust him for 100% it really looks stupid
    I was scammed 1.4m. I am iffy about lending anything to anyone :/
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I would so help many others who need gear if they implanted this idea +1

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I've been scammed 80k... Great idea though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

80k? for what? I could maybe give you 80k/
    Currahee