Thread: [Speed Set Review]: The Speed Force Awakens...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default [Speed Set Review]: The Speed Force Awakens...

Now that everybody has gotten their own taste of the Speed Force and the joys of being a scarlet speedster, I thought I would post a bit of a review on the set!

Now, I've tried both the rogue set and the warrior set. After spending some time with the warrior set, I ended up purchasing the rogue set. Here is what I've seen: 1. Any class set will work with any class. 2. The speed is simply insane!

Covering ground point number 1, I did not notice much of a difference from using the warrior speed set as opposed to rogue speed set. The object of this set is to use it in longer distance maps or maps where needing such damage resistant gear isn't required. Thus, it makes it the perfect set for running event or lower level elites in. While both the rogue and warrior set resulted in a damage loss for me, the rogue one was much more forgiving...only a 40 damage loss. I also noticed that this set is going to make para weapons increasingly popular, because the set occupies two common places of para gem: the amulet and ring.

Now, onto the speed...People with slower devices simply aren't going to like the speed set as much because it will end up lagging your device. The reason why is your device has to push out frames faster than it has ever had to. Now, my device didn't have any issues, but I know some people's devices did. The set, when first using it, made me a bit nauseous but now I've become accustomed to it. I think others can as well, so this should be an issue that smooths itself over with time. I also noticed specific devices would give me motion sickness. Playing on too large of a screen, like on my laptop, would bring forth motion sickness. However, using the set on my phone did not. This set also means that map pulls are going to have to be redesigned in certain record maps. The speed at which you run is too fast and you will often end up killing too less mobs, so playing around with the set in maps is recommended to help find the right balance in pulls.

I would not recommend this set in elite tindirin, planar tombs, glintstone, or underhul. Any other lower campaigns, this set can be used. However, shuyal is pushing the limits of this set...you may prefer hotswapping gear in shuyal to cover large bouts of distance then going into regular gear for the mob pull.

Last edited by Zeus; 05-15-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: