Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epiphany: Why Some People Hate PL and Others Love It

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Epiphany: Why Some People Hate PL and Others Love It

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I've finally figured it out. I'm one of the people who love PL, so the people who hate it (used to) confuse me. Anyways, here's my theory, haha:
    Excluding noobs, who get to level 13 and then are like WUT I HAVE TO PAY THAT'S DUMB I HATE PL, people who don't like PL don't like it because they have a different perception of what they think it should be, not what it is. Since these people have played other MMORPGs, when they play this one they think, 'oh hey, it's an MMORPG, so it has to be this, this, and this.' Then, when it doesn't include those things, they think, 'this is dumb,' rather than 'maybe PL isn't what I originally thought.' Just like with anything, when people have stereotypes or ideas about something, and when that something doesn't fit those stereotypes, those people don't like it because they're used to those stereotypes. So because PL is such a good MMO, people forget that they're playing a mobile game in a medium where games are usually meant to be a distraction for a short time, not a full, in-depth, hours-at-a-time game (granted, there are some exceptions, but most apps fit the 'quick fun' mentality). The PL devs (who are amazing, btw) blended the two in an amazing way, in order so that PL is really fun in short bursts, and fun for a long time. So those people who have played in-depth computer MMOs play PL and say, 'hey look, a really good MMO. since it's really good, it has to be super in-depth because that's what I'm used to.' Let me get this straight: PL has tons of content, but it's not a WoW, because it wasn't designed to be a WoW. It was designed to be the best pick-up-and-play MMO on the app store, and it blew that out of the water.

So it all depends on your perspective: if you come at PL thinking it's going to be a super extensive in-depth game like a computer MMO, you're probably gonna go away thinking it didn't meet your expectations. However, if you come at PL with a fresh slate (as you should, considering it's a mobile MMO), not knowing what to expect, PL will blow you away.

Cheers, mates. Happy campaigning.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

A good post, nicely said.

But don't under-estimate this little trinket It's going places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    A good post, nicely said.

But don't under-estimate this little trinket It's going places.
    Oh believe me, I'm not. But I just wanted to explain why other people do.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I see this as a massive app years from now, and we senior members muse upon the old days when pinks were the best weapons.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love it! Surpasses any expectations for an APP...enough said....to all the haters- if you think this game sucks blah blah blah..go make a game of your own...bet u don't have the skill to do it. To the devs amazing game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    I see this as a massive app years from now, and we senior members muse upon the old days when pinks were the best weapons.
    You guys remember the aliens?...Yes. Those were the days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the end, it's just a game. I keep trying to remind myself this while playing so I don't get too serious or out of hand haha.

Once you get too serious then you end up getting greedy and grumpy when things don't go your way.
    You start talking to people like they're not human and they don't matter and I admit I am guilty of doing this.
    Although it may be easier to trash talk someone, it pays off when you go the opposite direction and help each other out.

And because it is a game, there is bound to be mixed feelings about it like any other game out there. It depends on the person, like in most other cases.

If you like it then have fun with it and I'll say again, don't take it too seriously
    (JustinKelly)(Medusir)(Forsale)(Joined)

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All Hail The Great Knower Of All Things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    You guys remember the aliens?...Yes. Those were the days.
    "Son bring gramps his Sniper Bayou Bow, theres trouble afoot!"
    Mains: (L50 W/DEATH & HATE): Trogs, Ceno
    Big Twinks: (L35): ProByDesign (L32): SenseOfTouch (L20): Thott, XTD, Agentboo, RYFG
    Little Twinks: (L19): Trogz, TwinkThis (L17): BerserkNerd (L10): GeeYouKnit
    KDR PVP Leaderboard: Thott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ive been playing World of Warcraft for over 5 years and still do play it..So playing this game goes wayyyyy back! But I LOVE this game to death. and will continue to play it and support SS!
    CCABOLT - Level 28 Enchantress
    ***If you want the best healer in Pocket Legends in your group, shoot me a PM. Ive been playing MMO's for over 6 years and know how this stuff works! You will stay at full health pretty much all the time! Trust me.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with what you said, I'm a big mmo fan who loved my PC for years and now realize that when you have to work you have less time to stare at a comp screen lol. However i really think PL can go places. I would love to see some ten man raids and bosses that take a lil more effort, and i think we are heading in that direction and building a base of people that will be loyal to the game. I love PL and thinks the Devs are really working there butts off never seen such fast responses to ingame problems and even forums posts. You guys make the content and ill make the money to buy um!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That is so true
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Izbar View Post
    I agree with what you said, I'm a big mmo fan who loved my PC for years and now realize that when you have to work you have less time to stare at a comp screen lol. However i really think PL can go places. I would love to see some ten man raids and bosses that take a lil more effort, and i think we are heading in that direction and building a base of people that will be loyal to the game. I love PL and thinks the Devs are really working there butts off never seen such fast responses to ingame problems and even forums posts. You guys make the content and ill make the money to buy um!!
    I agree with everything you are saying except the 10 man raids part..we dont want to completely copy World of Warcraft here..maybe the Dev's can come up with a different kind of system. or whats wrong with staying in 5 mans and just improve on other things?
    CCABOLT - Level 28 Enchantress
    ***If you want the best healer in Pocket Legends in your group, shoot me a PM. Ive been playing MMO's for over 6 years and know how this stuff works! You will stay at full health pretty much all the time! Trust me.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it's an MMO on my phone. i can take it out at lunch and play sitting outside. what's there not to like? again, it's on my freekin phone, which is amazing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ed anger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ed anger View Post
    it's an MMO on my phone. it's on my freekin phone, which is amazing.
    frickin' IPhones with frickin' MMOs and frikin laser beam apps attached to their frickin' heads,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can give up the 10 man raid thing, i just really want some bosses that kick you in the teeth and take work to kill. Although i still think 10 man raids would be sweet. :P

Izbar-Fnord 45 Enchantress BOO YAH!!!
    Izbart 45 Archer TWEET FREAKING TWEET!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Well spoken! My friend thinks it's dumb, he hasn't played it though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izbar View Post
    I can give up the 10 man raid thing, i just really want some bosses that kick you in the teeth and take work to kill. Although i still think 10 man raids would be sweet. :P

I think that If Seth and That B word Witch.... Were any stronger.. Fighting them would be pointless. The AOE's are already strong enough. There is no point in making them stronger.. Increasing their exp would not hurt, but harder hits are not necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i first played this game i have always said it will be huge, im waiting until this game gets to a reasonable level for them to advertise it more because theres alot of people out there who havent heard of PL before and if they did they would jump at the chance to play it

i also support spacetime 100% because they also worked on my favourite PC mmo, Star Wars Galaxies and now my favorite portable mmo, Pocket Legends
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i think some people dont like it because its advertised as free but you have to pay for it (well if you want to get the most out of it)

another reason is alot of people just buy iphones/ipod touches/ipads as music players/phones/computers

not many people buy them just for the games, not everyone is gonna be into games like pocket legends that u have to put time into.

most people just like little addictive games like angry birds and stuff like that, leave pocket legends to the hardcore gamers =D