Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pet Powers | Egg Slots | "The Life Magic of Animancy" Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its basically PET VANITY

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bvtz View Post
    Its basically PET VANITY

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
    Not really... you can combine any Arcane ability and any passive ability, into a pet. Like singe aa in frost and little bear passive ability with it

Also I think we should be able to re egg pets we own to use for this new system becuase many people want it this way... it won't affect anything if its not tradeable
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    Not really... you can combine any Arcane ability and any passive ability, into a pet. Like singe aa in frost and little bear passive ability with it

Also I think we should be able to re egg pets we own to use for this new system becuase many people want it this way... it won't affect anything if its not tradeable
    We did think about this, but by doing that it creates an unfair advantage for certain players and messes with the secondary economy in an unknown but bad way. Usually when it comes to big systems like this we try and look at not only the individual player experience, but also the entire game community experience over a long period of time. If everyone could re-egg their Nekros on day 1, then suddenly Nekro's value would plummet because its surged in the market and everyone is upset that they re-egged their Nekro only wanting to keep him but need to relevel him again from 1 to 56. There are pros and cons in every permutation, however by leaving pets already collected in the stable, it will reinvigorate certain pets for different reasons. Passive bonuses, AAs, or just the visual/vanity aspect of the pet all become different and attractive components for players to mix and match. The fairest thing to do is leave everyone exactly as they are now, with the pets they already own and allow for future collection and unlocking of eggs. What we've done is add a layer on top of the foundation of pets, instead of shuffling the understood foundation which has potentially dire consequences beyond everyone's individual experience.

Keep in mind, there is a Story Token cost involved with unlocking the slots for each individual pet, as well as a minor unsocketing story token fee so even the most dedicated of players can only unlock things so fast with a stockpile of story tokens. We feel this is acceptable because many players will find a combination they like and not feel the need to mess with it too much outside of having a rotation of used pets.

Like so many things in the game it's awesome to have nice things. Arcane's, Mythics, pets and amazing event limited vanities, but the thing we tend to forget is that the exclusivity and the rarity of such things is what creates that feeling of exclusivity and pride in the first place. If everyone can own everything, then it is no longer special. It's no longer worth Gold to another player, and it's not interesting or noteworthy because it is everywhere. The same methodology applies here in this new pet system, because if everyone can egg up and swap and sell for the combination everyone wants then the exclusivity and the spcial feeling gets lost with it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I guess people forget they dont have to do this have your pets alrdy? Good. Otherwise farm i have singe but im definitely going to buy another to put in my blinky lol great idea sts.

Side note can this idea be used for weapon procs xD put the procs u want in a weapon xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

then my breeze wont suck in stats anymore cuz of nightshade

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolifee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea with this system Samuel will hopefully come back as ppl would prob use nightshades happiness to replace Sams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow interesting idea. May I know when will this be live? Seeing from the past experience this kind of implementation might have a lot bugs at the first place as it involves all pets to be reengineered. Also, its hard to recognize noob pet in pvp.. need to always beware..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Omg nice, good job sts

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Please answer my question. Override means Replace AA or add? If yes. Why 2 slots?

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adonisius View Post
    Please answer my question. Override means Replace AA or add? If yes. Why 2 slots?
    Override means replace. One slot for happiness bonus. One for arcane ability.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Can we at least have 1 re-egg untradeable/unstashable arcane pet of our choosing per account? I have i think 6 arcane pet would like to infuse at least 1 of them to a ribbit or something. Im sure many of us have 3-5 arcane pets.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sounds really nice but that's more for the plat buyers cause ppl like me who hunt to get money makes it hard to buy stuffs some times cause not every single player in AL is a good person i meet a couple greedy ones who doesn't lower u a cent even try to get more gold u.u but yeh will b good for the plat buyers not too much for the f2p players u.u (a very personal opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Can you make it untradeable? with this system you are desnaturalizing the conception of having pets. yes you could realease new pets in the future with better looks etc but now are we gonna treat there eggs like socketable jewels always waiting for the next best thing. this is what i think is vicious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

How about allow us to use the egg happiness and arcane ability on 2 seperate pet cause some pet have really good happiness and arcane ability.
    For example sns it cost quite a fair bit if only allow to use the pet either happiness or arcane ability only it seem really unfair
    So my suggestion is allow each egg to use both happiness and arcane ability seperately once both is use the egg will be disappear from your inventory and ofcourse once you use either happiness or Aa already the egg won't be tradable anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

ok sweet thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Wow, something new and interesting!

I think this will work well for armors/weapons etc too!

Like you can choose the looks of armors/weapons, and their stats together with their proc or something like that! ^^

Or perhaps/maybe there can be an option to turn any armors/weapons into a vanity ^^ (I know this was suggested before)

*I know this might make vanity seems useless but there will be more varieties and choices!*
    And this will definitely please collectors! ^^
    Last edited by Rara; 05-20-2016 at 04:42 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Sts, can i re-egg eggs that i have in my other acc that i dont use anymore? And put them on my new acc, egg will be non-tradable bt stachable

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post

*I know this might make vanity seems useless but there will be more varieties and choices!*
    And this will definitely please collectors! ^^
    imagine the demonlord as vanity! my fave armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    imagine the demonlord as vanity! my fave armor
    Pretty and awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    Override means replace. One slot for happiness bonus. One for arcane ability.
    Does it mean passive ability will stay ? O.o