Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weekend Sneak Peek | 5/20/16 | Housing System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    I agree that there should be more guild-wide benefits obtainable via the guild hall and through being a member of a guild. Guilds could be so much more awesome and waay helpful, but right now their functionality is just stale.

I just want to reiterate that I believe that housing should be integrated with the rest of the game somehow and not just be a peripheral module. I think the housing system is a very smart move on STS' part and I would love to see it executed well. Having a house should enhance characters in some way and not just be a social function. The reason? So it appeals to more types of players and not just the socially-minded players. It's great that we can gain housing items in maps and buy them with plat, but give us a good reason to have a house in the first place.

• Is having a house going to help me with PvP?
    • Is it going to help me complete my elite achievements?
    • Will it help me craft items?
    • Can I have more inventory?
    • Will it help me earn more gold?
    • Can I have a mailbox so I can message other players offline?
    • What is the point of having a house?

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't want to complicate development, I just don't want housing to have an existential crisis in a few months.
    Ok, I can agree with some of these. But then again - why not do it for guild halls? Wouldn't it be nice, if we were able to upgrade our guild halls, which will benefit whole guilds, instead of one person?

For example, extra crafting slots, extra auction slots, etc. etc. Plus, the dancing and all that party stuff. Everyone would contribute in upgrading the guild halls and a lot of people would benefit from it. What's the point in houses with boosts? So that some people would buy everything on day 1 and get another advantage over everyone else? I am not ok with this personally. Limit houses to social/vanity status.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Niceeee.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I agree that there should be more guild-wide benefits obtainable via the guild hall and through being a member of a guild. Guilds could be so much more awesome and waay helpful, but right now their functionality is just stale.

I just want to reiterate that I believe that housing should be integrated with the rest of the game somehow and not just be a peripheral module. I think the housing system is a very smart move on STS' part and I would love to see it executed well. Having a house should enhance characters in some way and not just be a social function. The reason? So it appeals to more types of players and not just the socially-minded players. It's great that we can gain housing items in maps and buy them with plat, but give us a good reason to have a house in the first place.

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't want to complicate development, I just don't want housing to have an existential crisis in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Ok, I can agree with some of these. But then again - why not do it for guild halls? Wouldn't it be nice, if we were able to upgrade our guild halls, which will benefit whole guilds, instead of one person?

For example, extra crafting slots, extra auction slots, etc. etc. Plus, the dancing and all that party stuff. Everyone would contribute in upgrading the guild halls and a lot of people would benefit from it. What's the point in houses with boosts? So that some people would buy everything on day 1 and get another advantage over everyone else? I am not ok with this personally. Limit houses to social/vanity status.
    Leave houses for players who want the social more private time with their selected group of friends. No additional tangible benefits besides whats already shown in the sneak peak should come with houses.

(I know I am not a lone on this) I want to see the drop rate on antignome set items buffed. 100's of farmers, 1000's of runs, some mold drops (more than the other set pieces), but under 4 helms and 1 belt looted (to my knowledge) ... Something isnt right with this rate.(-- click to read more..
    Last edited by Avaree; 05-23-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Message box for offline players might be a good idea since it might (marginally) improve the social aspect of the game. But if I want to complete my elite achievements I'll do it outside the house and want it to have absolutely nothing to do with what I do on maps. Because then people with the wherewithal to furnish their house to the max but not necessarily keen on spending time on runs can have unfair advantage over those might run their fingers to the bones for APs and such and still find it hard to compete with plat buyers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I believe housing should have benefits. Idc what they are, but they should be something decent and valuable. The suggestions I made were just suggestions. Some of the suggestions other players made were great.

Sure, I'll probably have a house but I'm totally uninterested in investing much of anything in a housing vanity system. This is a fantasy MMO where our characters make progress. I'd rather see something come of this system after the novelty of vanity wears off.

However, I strongly agree that guilds need some TLC. They are the backbone of the AL social network and could do a better job at enhancing player experience. In short, guilds need more benefits and more functionality.
    Last edited by Justg; 05-23-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Less sweeping conclusions and drams

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Message box for offline players might be a good idea since it might (marginally) improve the social aspect of the game. But if I want to complete my elite achievements I'll do it outside the house and want it to have absolutely nothing to do with what I do on maps. Because then people with the wherewithal to furnish their house to the max but not necessarily keen on spending time on runs can have unfair advantage over those might run their fingers to the bones for APs and such and still find it hard to compete with plat buyers.
    That list of questions was just to demonstrate that players are going to be looking for a reason to buy housing other than 'it looks nice.' The essential question most players will be asking is "How will buying a house help me play the game?"
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-23-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

STS will have wasted a lot of development resources.
    Correct. They should have done the guild hall improvements, that we have been asking for for years. Officer room, recruiter room, pvp practice room and so on and so forth. Add the dancing and whatever for party purposes, add some minor but cool benefits like some of the ones suggested here, and it would be great.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

looks like allot of fun
    can't wait hehe

-ambo
    Line ID: Amborion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    You will totally be able to customize it! Furniture and decor will drop as loot from all over the place in Arlor, from regular levels to killer stuff in Elites. You will also be able to purchase different things from the store for teeth, tokens, orc tags, planar fragments, cryo and glintstone coins, and plat. We'll do a full guide soon.
    Furniture and decor will drop from mobs and bosses? I can't wait to see Antee drop "Folding chair of might" or loot "Worn Card Table of Vigor" during some dungeon runs! LOL!

I like the "Sims" aspect added to the game though, adds a new fun way to feel more like you're part of the world of Arlor.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Please give us the ability to hang up our vanities/armors for display!
    It would be really cool if all of your character's non-tradable banners were automatically displayed on the back wall. You shouldn't have to manually hang them. They should stay in your inventory, but just be pictured on the back wall. That way it will eliminate all the extra clutter, and only the event and leaderboard banners will appear, which will basically show off each player's accomplishments.

As for vanities/armors, I think that would be a bit much.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-24-2016 at 12:09 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am sure this is exciting to players who are "SIM" fans however this is a guild driven game....I'm surprised so much work into this feature yet all guild halls got was a ship that looks exactly like dragons jewel....not as much effort as one would expect. We have been begging for a LONG time for guild hall enhancements..this is a perfect time to implement them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

cool thing! sounds fun!! but will everyone have this room? or will it be able to buy from store for platinum?..or on another way? if yes how much platinum will it cost??

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #93
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elleabridges View Post
    We have been begging for a LONG time for guild hall enhancements..this is a perfect time to implement them.
    We wanted to implement a personal customizable space first. Some of these enhancements could certainly work their way into guildhalls in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Meexii View Post
    cool thing! sounds fun!! but will everyone have this room? or will it be able to buy from store for platinum?..or on another way? if yes how much platinum will it cost??
    There will be a starter house available for gold. We'll put up more pricing info with the upcoming Housing Guide.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow nice.Now we can dedicate our whole life in game.No need to sleep ,eat and drink in real life!! <_<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Love AL ... but with the new system my guild ta migrating to another game, mi ah feel obliged to go along, sad about it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Arcane legends is not real life, and yes AL is a very social game. . If the devs do implement tangible benefits for the extra house skills lol, then they should add these tangible benefits to guild hall. (Balance) The extra skills of sitting/sleeping/eating/reading/dancing is enough benefits if houses become more "valuable" than a guild hall, why have a guild hall?
    And as far as some of the more recreational things suggested, I agree with Ticklish
    I'm having freaky flashbacks to 'The Matrix' !! If we do get houses, can mine come with a Keanu Reeves manservant?

Yummy!!!

(Welcome to the house of Msleo...Keanu will take your coat, fix you a drink and rub your tired feet xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We wanted to implement a personal customizable space first. Some of these enhancements could certainly work their way into guildhalls in the future.

There will be a starter house available for gold. We'll put up more pricing info with the upcoming Housing Guide.
    Guild Hall Lodge/Hotel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    I'm having freaky flashbacks to 'The Matrix' !! If we do get houses, can mine come with a Keanu Reeves manservant?

Yummy!!!

(Welcome to the house of Msleo...Keanu will take your coat, fix you a drink and rub your tired feet xD)
    That wouldn't be hard to make. He would stand there like a lost NPC, like every other movie he makes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

That list of questions was just to demonstrate that players are going to be looking for a reason to buy housing other than 'it looks nice.' The essential question most players will be asking is "How will buying a house help me play the game?"
    Obviously, these will be just symbols of status...nothing more! Gear, skills, pets and jewels help us better our game! What's next? A barn with stables and a feeding trough?

P.s. Less lag helps too xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    That wouldn't be hard to make. He would stand there like a lost NPC, like every other movie he makes.
    Wahaha!! I never watched him for his acting