Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: One of the advantages of Sprint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default One of the advantages of Sprint

It used to be one of the major advantages of Sprint was you could charge platinum to your bill, and while you still can the maximum platinum in one installment has gone down to the seventy five platinum package for nine ninety nine, which you can do multiple times though losing out on the advantage of more platinum per dollar offered in the more substantial platinum plans. Now my question in this matter is this due to a new restriction on Sprint's behalf or a sneak restriction on your own? As well as are any other Sprint customers experience this inconvenience?

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

From our end, all the packages have been made available for the Android Market (30, 75, 165, 800, and 2000 platinum packages). If it's being restricted beyond that, it's not something we have control over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you kindly now to call Sprint and make my mind known. They aren't going to be too happy, as it is my second call together handing them their butts on a silver platter. I am curious still though about whether or not any other Sprint customers are experiencing this problem or if it is just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, this is gonna sound stupid, but how do you get platinum billed to your Sprint account?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Market billing allows carrier billing. It's the default from the app. Goes to Market to choose a payment plan, which is credit card attached to your Market or directly to the carrier.

Futmsh, this seems related. I was unable to carrier bill the 2k plat to T-Mobile directly and it sent me to the old way of buying on the website. It seems that some carriers have a limit to how much you can bill to them. Or something.

That reminds me. May I please request that the old way of charging plat still be accessible from within the app? Both SL and PL? Like an option on the bottom of the amounts list that says "Let me buy on the website." I'd kinda prefer it, since for T-Mobile the 2k option doesn't come up anyway. What if somebody wants to charge lower amounts through the website through something other than the Market? Currently the only way to open the website plat page from within the app is to choose 2k plat then choose a lower amount on the website, and this is only for T-Mobile since other carriers might allow 2k billed to them. So people who don't wanna give their credit card info directly to Google would have to search on the STS website for the charge plat page. It's lot very convenient is all I'm saying.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah... it doesn't give me that option at all: (
    When I go thru the apparently, it takes me directly to a site that asks if I'm paying thru PayPal, Google, or something else and I have sprint: (

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

App even

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quebeycen View Post
    Yeah... it doesn't give me that option at all: (
    When I go thru the apparently, it takes me directly to a site that asks if I'm paying thru PayPal, Google, or something else and I have sprint: (
    Make sure your market app is up to date, and that you installed the app from the market, if you want to use the in app billing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So I take it you don't like my suggestion to include a charge plat website link in the app? Good for both clients, really.

I'm sent to the website for the 2k plat pack like quebeycen, but there isn't an official link in the app.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-03-2011 at 08:16 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

What you see when you attempt to purchase platinum is based on your device. Players who do not use the android market in app purchase are taken to the website.