Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion: Removing K/D Leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Imo, leaderboards are stupid. I never even look at them. I mean, do people really care about being on the leaderboards? Who even looks at it anyway and say, OMG LOOK! HES ON THE LEADERBOARD! Not important especially in PVE. Now PVP, i think there should be a special board ingame just for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mothwing View Post
    Imo, leaderboards are stupid. I never even look at them. I mean, do people really care about being on the leaderboards? Who even looks at it anyway and say, OMG LOOK! HES ON THE LEADERBOARD! Not important especially in PVE. Now PVP, i think there should be a special board ingame just for that.
    Nah, pvp board is boosters (KD), and people that pvp a ton. Also the kills encourage people to rush. Ive been on pvp boards on 2 Alts and it wasn't much else outside of a self accomplishment, and a raising of the ego. In reality, it's like, cool, my names on a list with 30 different people for those who care enough to look can see. PvP rewards would be far better IMO. I don't see anything out of boards that players get other than "that's a lot of kills/deaths"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Idk just seems pointless to have PVE boards imo. Anybody can do that with the right gear and skills. Especially high level players. Just go down to the ol' FH and do some runs for a month 24/7. That should get you up there. Not much of an accomplishment i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another easy fix without a full removal would be an option to have your leaderboard filtered by your friends list or by characters currently online.

This would keep the sort of fun aspects of seeing where you rank, but only among ppl you care about. Let's face it, the leaderboards are really only fun when it's got ppl you know involved. A static list of 5 guys you don't know that set records when the rules were different is not very compelling.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I like that idea better see how good you are stacked up against your friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I just looked again for the first time since Anglfyr told me she made it & the ppl on your friends list are already highlighted on the boards. Seems like if it already designates your friends list it wouldn't be that hard to show query result so designated
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default as far as i can see...

As far as I can see, the big problem we have is Jealousy. What else would motivate people to shut down all the low level twinks? The thought that "they really suck but everyone thinks they're awesome." Can no one see that this will be a big blow to PL? If kills are disabled you can be sure tons of people will leave the game. If leaderboard can only be achieved grinding in the infamous glitchy sewers then anyone who doesnt wanna do that will lose their point to this game. The only people who will stay are those who dont care about the leaderboard or those who are still leveling to 56. Btw please read my thread "all this boosting" i believe i have a very indepth explanation as of what actions should be taken. Not trying to flame, just trying to find the root problem in all this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    As far as I can see, the big problem we have is Jealousy. What else would motivate people to shut down all the low level twinks? The thought that "they really suck but everyone thinks they're awesome." Can no one see that this will be a big blow to PL? If kills are disabled you can be sure tons of people will leave the game. If leaderboard can only be achieved grinding in the infamous glitchy sewers then anyone who doesnt wanna do that will lose their point to this game. The only people who will stay are those who dont care about the leaderboard or those who are still leveling to 56. Btw please read my thread "all this boosting" i believe i have a very indepth explanation as of what actions should be taken. Not trying to flame, just trying to find the root problem in all this.
    Don't forgot the fact KD leader boards would be practically frozen. Who can top 100 something K kills and no deaths without making a twink/stopping XP to farm kills? It'd be very difficult to break 100K kills and no deaths by regular leveling, thus freezing the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default yup

I agree 100%, except for the rich kid who does potion runs till hes not rich anymore lol. So maybe 99%