Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fast switch gear and skill loadout

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

People are now to lazy to switch equip/skills?...................................really?. ........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Pereira View Post
    Honestly, for me there are just empty words. "i can proof" ok mr master finger what if im really not interested on this matter? I mean, as i saied before, if it's easy or difficult, if its fast or slow, this is not my point. Do you think this argument about "i can swipe fast, this is not a problem" are something relevant on this thread? Well, i can tell you that i also can swipe fast (now im a master too)
    You are telling us that u are against it just because you think have skills on swipe and some others dont? So in this aspect lets figure out in wich more you think you are the best and put everything as a requirement on the game. This way you will can play alone with all your skills.
    Your point of view by itself make your argument weak, because everything that is suggested on the forum is thinking on the best in the majority of the players. if you has titled yourself and some close friends in the group of masters fingertaps basically you are the minority of the community.

As i saied before, im not talking about fast or slow. Im talking about a feature already used in the most of PC mmos, this feature is to make the player life a little easy, since the game isnt about changing gears. This feature is to make a fluid gameplays, peoples who spend hours doing repeatedly times the same map and having this situations on changing gear will really feel the difference.

For those who play on small devices and could have some problems with new icons on the screen, could manage it if the button would optional in the setup configuration as the minimap is.
    That way, making optional these players wont feel any difference and the olds players will still can use their old school really not cool method to change gear.

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    1. In the use of PC MMOs - that is what you're basing your argument off of. These are mobile MMOs. PC MMOs implement these features because otherwise players take the client code and hard write in their own shortcuts. It's to discourage cheating. There's no really a need for this on AL, especially since Chrome client does not take script/macro keys as valid input. Programs would need to give the true ASCII value in order to work on Chrome client.

2. My argument is not weak - you are simply assuming it is. I would like to see how fast you can swap, so I can see the true basis of your claim. If you could show me in game some time, that would be great. My IGN is Zeus.

3. Again, that is a feature in PC games - something which have large and very complex menus. This is not the case in AL. In AL's case, developers go for a simple UI that's easy to understand. If you add too many things in, it becomes cluttered for players. I suggest you take a look at their videos when they founded their games - they list the goals there.

4. The forum in itself is a minority - so the majority versus minority rules do not apply here. You are essentially stating that you are the majority of the minority, which isn't much at all. The truth is that 90% of the AL players do not need this. As I've said, those that do...well, it becomes a skill.

5. Your suggestion will essentially force players to have two sets of gear at all times. Heck, your suggestion will also force players to have two sets of jewels at all times! Currently, only those skilled enough to swap so effectively that it does not impede their gameplay require two sets of gear. If this suggestion gets implemented, it will force everybody to get two sets of gear. It would also ensure that the speed set never dies out over time because there will always be a need to swap to it, especially if you can swap at a moment's notice.

6. You're complaining about device being the issue, but then you want to force people with devices that do not have a luxurious screen real estate to compromise.

7. I'm presenting you with facts, I can prove to you that menus aren't based off of ping yet you want to blatantly deny it. I'm not the one uttering empty words here...
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-25-2016 at 12:54 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1. In the use of PC MMOs - that is what you're basing your argument off of. These are mobile MMOs. PC MMOs implement these features because otherwise players take the client code and hard write in their own shortcuts. It's to discourage cheating. There's no really a need for this on AL, especially since Chrome client does not take script/macro keys as valid input. Programs would need to give the true ASCII value in order to work on Chrome client.

2. My argument is not weak - you are simply assuming it is. I would like to see how fast you can swap, so I can see the true basis of your claim. If you could show me in game some time, that would be great. My IGN is Zeus.

3. Again, that is a feature in PC games - something which have large and very complex menus. This is not the case in AL. In AL's case, developers go for a simple UI that's easy to understand. If you add too many things in, it becomes cluttered for players. I suggest you take a look at their videos when they founded their games - they list the goals there.

4. The forum in itself is a minority - so the majority versus minority rules do not apply here. You are essentially stating that you are the majority of the minority, which isn't much at all. The truth is that 90% of the AL players do not need this. As I've said, those that do...well, it becomes a skill.

5. Your suggestion will essentially force players to have two sets of gear at all times. Heck, your suggestion will also force players to have two sets of jewels at all times! Currently, only those skilled enough to swap so effectively that it does not impede their gameplay require two sets of gear. If this suggestion gets implemented, it will force everybody to get two sets of gear. It would also ensure that the speed set never dies out over time because there will always be a need to swap to it, especially if you can swap at a moment's notice.

6. You're complaining about device being the issue, but then you want to force people with devices that do not have a luxurious screen real estate to compromise.

7. I'm presenting you with facts, I can prove to you that menus aren't based off of ping yet you want to blatantly deny it. I'm not the one uttering empty words here...
    Of course there will be holes, this is a suggestion and you are the against one. Im not claiming that im right in nothing, just stating some situation and solution.
    That matter about the smallest devices is to reply the
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Of course there will be holes, this is a suggestion and you are the against one. Im not claiming that im right in nothing, just stating some situation and solution.

That matter about the smallest devices is to reply what kingofninjas stated.

You can proof whatever you want but we already know that your mainly point is: "You already managed to change setup in your way and as someone others dont, you wanna keep that advantage." Its kind a selfish. You maybe are thinking about pvp and thats not my point, im talking about farming people. Its pve.

You wrote many words and im certainly dont have the same patient to argue like that on forum. So im hoping thats discuss end sooner.

Just think about what harm this new feature would do if people in pve could use that, as i never did pvp i cant talk about, but on the pve side everyone is on the same boat against virtual monsters. Obviously you will find 1000 harms on it, but everything hiding your true point, the advantage you think you have against others.

This feature isnt really to give many advantage on players against players, my idea is just to don't let things too bored and i guess the majority of the people who spend hours farming would agree. The majority that im talking about isnt forumers, im thinking on begginers and mid game players also who doesn't know about forum. These players interest STS.

Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 05-25-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not going to quote all of that, but yes, I never hid that intention. That's the entire reason why I say it's a skill set. However, that doesn't make any of the points I've made above any less valid. Right now, switching is an option. If you can do it, good for you. If you cannot, it's not a necessity. Lastly, PvE can also hold competition: timed runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Roger that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Pereira View Post
    Roger that.

I do respect your opinion though, if it gets implemented...good for you! I just don't think it should be.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azagreoralu View Post
    Unless you are switching skills in under half a sec I'd see .5sec as a slight exaggeration, (unless you mean .05) seeing as on mobile you can skill swap in under a sec if you don't make any mistakes. (Note i am not trying to poke holes in what you are saying, just asking for clarification.)
    Sorry about the confusion i meant to write gear swap not skill, just realized i did. Fixing post now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I think this is a good way to benefit both sides : implement gear and skill switching , give the button a 4-5s delay ( skills and auto attack will be blocked during the delay ) . This way people who can swap faster keep their advantage , while people who can't will be able to do it with a decent ( for them ) speed . ( Btw , I'm and old player and I also practiced skill and gear swapping , I don't rly like loosing that advantage , but this will really improve the game expirience for like 60% of the game )
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 05-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    I think this is a good way to benefit both sides : implement gear and skill switching , give the button a 4-5s delay ( skills and auto attack will be blocked during the delay ) . This way people who can swap faster keep their advantage , while people who can't will be able to do it with a decent ( for them ) speed . ( Btw , I'm and old player and I also practiced skill and gear swapping , I don't rly like loosing that advantage , but this will really improve the game expirience for like 60% of the game )
    Sounds like a solution, good idea. Maybe a little less on this delay but that would solve the issue.
    Thanks for share.

Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 05-25-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Best idea so far, its rlly an advantage and a skill, now i rejoin clashes with speed set, swap to damage fast and am immediately there to help my team, others who have speed set but dont swap as fast couldnt rejoin and be helping the team as fast as i was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Looking forward now for this feature after this huge idea of gouiwa. Hope some dev look at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You guys still think this is a bad idea with the new inventory layout? I think it's needed now more than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

In fact my hand already fast enough to swap skills but I will very welcome to this feature suggestion. Maybe rogue user won't get significant benefit from this, but mage user really need it because there are many skills to swap depending on situation (crowd control, running, fight boss, etc). Why against the improvement? Why prefer the trickier one than simple? I think skill replacement swap is more useful than vanity loadout for the game. My conclusion is people who against it are exactly the self-centered one. If sts agree to make it real, u can learn the easy way fasthand groupie.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zikovsky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like this IDEA! +1