Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast switch gear and skill loadout

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Fast switch gear and skill loadout

I was wondering if im the only one who feels that necessity to fast switch gear and skill in determined situations or everyone is ok with the full route on settings to a switch your loadout. I think probably im not the only one right??

There are skill builds and gears who fit well every map that we play, even on the same map sometimes we need to change our game play in action. Sometimes this action could have you killed or someone of your party.

For instance, if you are a sorcerer and have your skills and gears set for crowd control. So you put your staff and (fireball, clock, gale, healing). Now on the same map you are facing a boss and the better setup would be your gun (to avoid some red zones) and skills like (ice, thunder, fireball and shield). Imagine if you are grinding this map with some friends or random party for maybe like hours, it would be really better and a fluid gameplay if you can fast switch everything to fit the gameplay you are facing on.

"Ohh!! But this means a screen full of new buttons to press and it would affect our visualization. "

Well, could it be like just 2 new buttons in the size of potions. On thats 2 buttons you just setup one for gear and the other to skills. Each button will switch for 2 different loadouts.
    For example, i have one gear button and if i press i have crowd control mode gear and if press again im back to boss mode gear, press again and back to crowd control mode.

Im sorry about some writing issues, not a native speaker

Thanks STS for the new skill loadout system!

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 05-23-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    IGN: Granitoide

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felipe Pereira For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I feel that it's a skill and one should learn to do it themselves. There are people already fast switching without the use of a button.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I feel that it's a skill and one should learn to do it themselves. There are people already fast switching without the use of a button.
    Looking on that perspective, maybe that also depends on the price you paied in your mobile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Pereira View Post
    Looking on that perspective, maybe that also depends on the price you paied in your mobile.

One could say game has always been about how good your device is. It's not really a relevant point - it's just that I would hate there to be an easy button when it's one of the few things in this game that still requires skill. Knowing when to swap, how to swap, and when to swap back is a new skill set that very few have learned well: Ioez, Me, and a few others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

One could say game has always been about how good your device is. It's not really a relevant point - it's just that I would hate there to be an easy button when it's one of the few things in this game that still requires skill. Knowing when to swap, how to swap, and when to swap back is a new skill set that very few have learned well: Ioez, Me, and a few others.
    So are you sayng that there is no need to have a improvement like that since you are such a skilled fast finger? Well, i think would be nice have a pratical way to switch loadouts, a smarter way, but if its accepted by STS you can still use your old school style.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Felipe Pereira For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Maybe he's talking about it

It happens to me a lot and it's boring, you can be fast but losing focus on the game can mean death.
    Last edited by soon; 05-23-2016 at 12:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So are you sayng that there is no need to have a improvement like that since you are such a skilled fast finger? Well, i think would be nice have a pratical way to switch loadouts, a smarter way, but if its accepted by STS you can still use your old school style.

I'm saying that it's already possible to do it and this type of power shouldn't be granted by simple use of button. If you're fast enough to do it, then do it. I also die mid swap sometimes but that doesn't mean somethings wrong. It's the same as switching to lepre, you need to figure out right time to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    Maybe he's talking about it

It happens to me a lot and it's boring, you can be fast but losing focus on the game can mean death.
    That's elixir though, something can be avoided with some pre planning. In order to swap gear, you just need to be skilled at the swap.

Idk why people want to take away something that requires skill and speed to do and replace it with a button. It's the same as skill swaps, if you're fast enough to do it then do it. If you're not, practice to get faster.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-23-2016 at 12:07 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

i would have to say i agree with zeus on this issue if you practice some you can quickly change gear/skills. One trick i use to swap gear faster is dubble tap the right side of inventory this will press loadouts for you without having to wait for the inventory screen to load fully. Also standardize your placement of types of sets/skills for multiple character's so you can easily remember what you need to hit. Hope these tips make swapping easier for you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Its really just practice, i dont think an extra feature is needed to swap gears when we already have loadouts, just practice how to get to ur inv menu fast and get the right loadout, it can be done in under a second manually just needs practice.
    Its good for pvp and pve btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm saying that it's already possible to do it and this type of power shouldn't be granted by simple use of button. If you're fast enough to do it, then do it. I also die mid swap sometimes but that doesn't mean somethings wrong. It's the same as switching to lepre, you need to figure out right time to swap.

That's elixir though, something can be avoided with some pre planning. In order to swap gear, you just need to be skilled at the swap.

Idk why people want to take away something that requires skill and speed to do and replace it with a button. It's the same as skill swaps, if you're fast enough to do it then do it. If you're not, practice to get faster.
    Lal wrongly thanked it.

About that skill u mention, there are many variables on it: internet connection variations, device speed.
    I don't think its about have fast fingers or get a little far from the battle (cast shield, cast nekro)
    I cant see sense on your point of view, i mean the standard method you have to open settings, open inventory, click on loadouts, choose your loadout and after that close everything to back and fight. How smart is that? How it could be a skill on the game? I can see many mmo who already have this kind of system.

Thats is boring, thats too much work for too little results. If im grinding a map for hours and i probably try to find ways to maximize my limit doing this repetitive work without getting tired of it, I won't feel like a skilled player doing as u said. Not funny.

Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 05-23-2016 at 12:31 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felipe Pereira For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I can currently hot switch trough skills at a pretty high speed , I think not a big difference from using a button ( some times even do it duel ) . I also find it easy to hot switch loadouts of gear on the go , but if I need to do both ( gear and skills ) I always end out dying or taking serious damage .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

In my opinion graphical interfaces are made to facilitate the user's work. Customize for her to expedite a function also includes it.
    Other MMO games make user to change what to display on the screen.

whatever, each person has their personal preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i feel the same.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Requires bit of skill

DON'T!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

same here. would be nice to have this

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolifee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

People say practice but I can't move my mouse fast enough...... Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    People say practice but I can't move my mouse fast enough...... Lol
    You shouldn't need to move your mouse much, only two movements needed for mouse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lal wrongly thanked it.

About that skill u mention, there are many variables on it: internet connection variations, device speed.
    I don't think its about have fast fingers or get a little far from the battle (cast shield, cast nekro)
    I cant see sense on your point of view, i mean the standard method you have to open settings, open inventory, click on loadouts, choose your loadout and after that close everything to back and fight. How smart is that? How it could be a skill on the game? I can see many mmo who already have this kind of system.

Thats is boring, thats too much work for too little results. If im grinding a map for hours and i probably try to find ways to maximize my limit doing this repetitive work without getting tired of it, I won't feel like a skilled player doing as u said. Not funny.

If it's so easy, then you should be able to do it without requiring a custom button. Swapping is already allowed, it just depends on how fast you are as an individual.

Actually, internet connection does not change menu speed times. Device speed can be a factor, but not really...I'm able to swap fast from even an iPhone 5S. It doesn't take much to play this game lag-free, it's not a very demanding game.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

More load out slots would be nice. I have too many gear sets now. Hard to choose which items to keep in only four load out slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If it's so easy, then you should be able to do it without requiring a custom button. Swapping is already allowed, it just depends on how fast you are as an individual.

Actually, internet connection does not change menu speed times. Device speed can be a factor, but not really...I'm able to swap fast from even an iPhone 5S. It doesn't take much to play this game lag-free, it's not a very demanding game.
    Well, apparently it is for me. I usally have a constant 400-500 ping especially when playing on my phone. I get quite a bit of delays in my pots and skills. And when opening my menu and inventory, there is quite a bit of delay and lag and when scrolling through my list of items i do get lag. So i have to say that device and internet connection matters.

Don't quote me on this but, i honestly don't think that the swaping is an auctual skill needed. Yea sure, learning when to swap is indeed a skill but the swaping action, as long as you know how to move your finger, it all depends on your framerates internet speed etc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Daggee; 05-23-2016 at 03:49 PM.