Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill/Death Ratio?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kill/Death Ratio?

Why is your k/d ratio so important to people? Is it just an elistest thing or do people use it as some kind of reference to see if they should invite you to a group? Just curious cause other than that I don't see a reason for it especially if you solo a lot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

All about ego
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    All about ego
    This.

And if you see somebody in your party with more deaths, than kills (or something like it). You expect them to do much contributing, then hindrance to the party?

Ex. A 56 bear joins an all 55/56's game, they let him stay because he's dressed in well attire and has 20k or so kills, and hovering 500-1k death, and he's 56 (Makes you think he knows what he's doing. Sometimes, I have more hope in 53's...) . He might have boosted, but he plays poorly, so they don't let him stay another go.

Different case scenario. A 53 bear joins a game, dressed poorly, with 5k kill count and a 4k death ratio. They boot him, immediately, based upon the bad stats and poor gear. Though, he might have done countless training, reason he has high death count and is one of the greatest bears ever. But, you'd never know, because you booted him. When, he just as well, might have a 56 pawnage bear, right under his sleeve.

Does that make sense?

You don't want to have someone slow you down. Most figure if your stats look bad, you'll play poorly. But, if your stats are great, you'll be an asset. My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.
    Last edited by Haikus; 08-04-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Put gear twice! :o
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haikus View Post
    My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.
    Or Option C, a master of leaving a game to avoid a death...sadly.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This.

And if you see somebody in your party with more deaths, than kills (or something like it). You expect them to do much contributing, then hindrance to the party?

Ex. A 56 bear joins an all 55/56's game, they let him stay because he's dressed in well attire and has 20k or so kills, and hovering 500-1k death, and he's 56 (Makes you think he knows what he's doing. Sometimes, I have more hope in 53's...) . He might have boosted, but he plays poorly, so they don't let him stay another go.

Different case scenario. A 53 bear joins a game, dressed poorly, with 5k kill count and a 4k death ratio. They boot him, immediately, based upon the poor gear and careless gear. Though, he might have done countless training, reason he has high death count and is one of the greatest bears ever. But, you'd never know, because you booted him. When, he just as well, might have a 56 pawnage bear, right under his sleeve.

Does that make sense?

You don't want to have someone slow you down. Most figure if your stats look bad, you'll play poorly. But, if your stats are great, you'll be an asset. My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good, or you boosted.

Well put haikus ill give u rep for that one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

My thing is, if you are 55, with less than 100 deaths, you are "damn" good

I think at least half of people who have made a second toon after their first capped one could easily level normally with under 100 deaths, but other than that, I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default kd lag :(

was lplaying for 3hours then it lagged like mad an i kept dieing i have had loads of deaths now grrrrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I use it more just to see how much time someone has been spending in game, but other than that. I'll let people prove themselves, assuming it's a random game and not a planned group.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Kdr means nothing. Like hiakus said. Did I spell haikus right? I dont think i did hahah....
    what I HATE is when somebody boots a level 48 from sewers. I was in a group with me and two others and the dude booted a level 48. I ask why and he says thats its to let in somebody better. WTF. Debuffs from a level 48 with maxed break armor is NO different from a debuff from a level 55. I remmeber seeing somebody get booted for a bad kdr in pvp. wtf!

PL is a party based mmo. I see nothing wrong with soloing dungeons but when I see a level 45+ with only 5k kills, It reminds me that PL is party based. Either that person boosted OR they actually were in a party.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Kdr means nothing. Like hiakus said. Did I spell haikus right? I dont think i did hahah....
    what I HATE is when somebody boots a level 48 from sewers. I was in a group with me and two others and the dude booted a level 48. I ask why and he says thats its to let in somebody better. WTF. Debuffs from a level 48 with maxed break armor is NO different from a debuff from a level 55. I remmeber seeing somebody get booted for a bad kdr in pvp. wtf!
    A 48 bird will do approx. 60 less damage than a 51-55 bird from what I remember. Say, 10 skills, that's 600 damage less. Say you have 65 crit buffed, that's like a thousand damage less just using all of your skills once, not to mention the terribad weapons.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Haikus - u made me sad. my bird has less than 100 deaths! Why hurt me so??? Why?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    @Haikus - u made me sad. my bird has less than 100 deaths! Why hurt me so??? Why?
    You are "'damn' good" then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's all About ego like the first person said. It's just a dumb stat don't worry about it.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

LOL Otu! Guess that means I need to make Haikus bow!! Hehe

Ive not had him that long so the deaths will come!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

kill to death ration shows if a person is agressive, shows if a person solos a lot....

if you solo a lot you may be a pain in the but to fight with till you learn group rules...

and it is just a good way to judge where some one stands as compaired to ever one else.

dont look in to it toooo tooo much

I'm a wisp of cloud floating around somewhere
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I use it more just to see how much time someone has been spending in game, but other than that. I'll let people prove themselves, assuming it's a random game and not a planned group.
    A bit difficult to see though. If you farm at places where you do not get experience, your kill count does not increase, but if you die there, your death rate keeps ticking over.

So if you spend hours and hours farming (and probably dying a bit too), it may seem that you don't play as much, because your kill count is the same, and it may also seem like you don't know what you're doing, because your k/d rate would be poor.

So yeah. k/d rate counts for nothing, which is why I hide it on both my toons.
    Last edited by joopiduh; 08-09-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: add on comments
    Traps are my best buds. They always pop up to greet me when I'm near...
    MIXNMATCH: Lv65 INT/STR hybrid TICKLEFEATHER: Lv63 DEX/STR hybrid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default hmm

Well i have a great k/d ratio, but i don't do it for ego, I just so it so people will respect me...i guess i got tired of being booted by lvl 56s with reason "stupid noob"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Means nothing, because if you played the game before all the nerfs, it was a LOT easier to die back then. If you tried to pull any of that 0 death 0 kill crap back in the original ao3, you'd have to have some *pretty good* friends not to be booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

As others have said its all about how you play the game not your ratio. I have some great people that invite my lvl 49 all intel mage to join them and they are way higher in lvl. Why I asked one day as we were playing. Their response was simple your fun and you always give it your all and play your part well. Learn your character as best as you can and do your best! You will find your nitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some ppl think tht it matters how good u are i have 600 deaths and im lvl 55 mage but thts cause i soloed until i was 44 ppl try to say i suck but just ignore them