Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Things that need to be fixed to achieve pvp balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    "Scissors is fine, nerf Paper" - Rock
    +1 perfect reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    +1 perfect reply
    Since its perfect reply u might wanna explain it to me too,probably I lost some episode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

HUH!!!Im just a mage but been ganged by rogues.....Scared rogue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    Since its perfect reply u might wanna explain it to me too,probably I lost some episode
    Everytime a player gets killed in pvp they blame this or that instead of adjusting their skills to adapt to a arcane ability or gear progression. Instead of asking for buffs and Nerf's figure out what it takes to win....simple

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Rock Paper Scissors : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Scissors is fine, nerf Paper
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper
    Rock is fine, nerf Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissors
    Paper is fine, nerf Rock
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

+10000000000000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think buffing the mana over time upgrade for heal could be helpful. If I'm not mistaken it's only 5 mana per tick regen. If it actually worked I would spec it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Lmao Justg XD rekt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    In any FFA or clash based scenario, where a rogue has to fight strictly warriors and mages, the rogue simply gets farmed. It doesn't matter how good he is, it doesn't matter how much gear he has...he gets farmed. The only exception to this is if the other team doesn't really have any clue what they are doing. Now, if that rogue is replaced with a mediocre mage...somehow, the clash or FFA turns to the favor of the team that previously had the rogue. This is something I've seen on a daily basis for the past 6 months, if not more. It really sucks, it's not fun for anyone who plays a rogue, and it forces these dedicated rogue players to either quit PvP or make one of the other classes - neither of which are OK options.

I don't think STG's data shows this, correct me if I am wrong. Frankly, you cannot ask the other side to balance teams. People are going to do whatever it takes to win, whether it is fair or not. Thus, that is why people have been asking for class restrictions. STG does not need to balance anything if they put forced class restrictions in PvP.
    Rogue skills are mostly designed to take down a single target quickly, so it makes sense that they wouldn't perform as well as a mage in a team environment. Clashes in AL normally boil down to a single point of engagement on the map where every member of each team is going at it. It's a mob environment, which warriors and mages are well designed to handle. Strategy involves merely overpowering the other team. Whomever can call upon the most power wins. This is actually why I don't like clashes; they don't require enough finesse, savvy, or intelligence for the individual player.

If you throw the assassin class on the front lines, you can expect them to perform poorly. However, if one team were to implement a strategy to break up the enemy into smaller factions, the Rogue should be able to shine. It is in a Rogue's best interest to break up the big fight into smaller groups that they can pick off individuals or small teams. Therein lies the struggle, Rogues should try to shift the battlefield to their advantage instead of tossing themselves into the mosh pit.
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-27-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Rogue skills are mostly designed to take down a single target quickly, so it makes sense that they wouldn't perform as well as a mage in a team environment. Clashes in AL normally boil down to a single point of engagement on the map where every member of each team is going at it. It's a mob environment, which warriors and mages are well designed to handle. Strategy involves merely overpowering the other team. Whomever can call upon the most power wins. This is actually why I don't like clashes; they don't require enough finesse, savvy, or intelligence for the individual player.

If you throw the assassin class on the front lines, you can expect them to perform poorly. However, if one team were to implement a strategy to break up the enemy into smaller factions, the Rogue should be able to shine. It is in a Rogue's best interest to break up the big fight into smaller groups that they can pick off individuals or small teams. Therein lies the battle, Rogues should try to shift the battlefield to their advantage instead of tossing themselves into the mosh pit.
    I already do that, but with mage, all they do is shield and can rush through the obstacles to get to the rogue. Unlike rogue, mage shield lasts a great deal of time and is immune to any stuns, debuffs, etc. A rogue can go razor, but that further reduces a rogue's damage output to the point where it is no longer effective.

Trust me, I've tried just about every strategy there is and there is not one that really works. There's a lot of variables in play aside from just singling out a specific target...axe set, wether the tank is going to be on jugg. The DPS does not really cross their tanks, so the only thing one will be singling out is the tanks.

Assassin class does not even dominate in a 1v1 scenario, so what are they supposed to be good at, really?
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-27-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I already do that, but with mage, all they do is shield and can rush through the obstacles to get to the rogue. Unlike rogue, mage shield lasts a great deal of time and is immune to any stuns, debuffs, etc. A rogue can go razor, but that further reduces a rogue's damage output to the point where it is no longer effective.

Trust me, I've tried just about every strategy there is and there is not one that really works. There's a lot of variables in play aside from just singling out a specific target...axe set, wether the tank is going to be on jugg. The DPS does not really cross their tanks, so the only thing one will be singling out is the tanks.

Assassin class does not even dominate in a 1v1 scenario, so what are they supposed to be good at, really?
    Dodge

Hahahahaha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I think buffing the mana over time upgrade for heal could be helpful. If I'm not mistaken it's only 5 mana per tick regen. If it actually worked I would spec it for sure.

As far as I know, korruption cancels heal over time, which is why tanks complain rightfully about juggernaut "breaking". It does the same for horn and mages heal as well. In fact, only rogues packs and mages heal skill initial massive heal work now. Mana over time would fall under the heal over time category, and buffing this would not really help with the korruption issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I do believe you, Zeus, I hear you exasperation. I think that Rogues need a little TLC, and kills are by no means the only metric. Fun-ness is actually a more important metric. If playing a Rogue in PvP isn't much fun for most Rogue players, then something is probably wrong. I remember when playing a sorcerer in PvP was a form of masochism and how long and hard we had to fight for change. I feel like a good overall balance is close, but not quite there yet.

STS, can you please take a closer look at the Rogue class, again? Maybe something can be incremented one way or another.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Everytime a player gets killed in pvp they blame this or that instead of adjusting their skills to adapt to a arcane ability or gear progression. Instead of asking for buffs and Nerf's figure out what it takes to win....simple
    Lol I can vs u anytime u like and u can check my gear boy,I am from few rogues able kill full glib war with Nekro or sns,azicheebahan my rogue acc,my bro property though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Too much nerf buff we might end up breaking it more, its a hard aspect where the game mechanics cant please everybody BUT all class has ups and down i say focus more on what your chosen class can do (skill wise, pet combo, synergy with other people, timing , hand-eye coordination, good internet )))), good people to play with) and be good at it.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

"Scissors is fine, nerf Paper" - Rock
    I think its easy to dev make a char (all job) at every level with maxed gear, and try doin vs and clash by yourself.

56 lvl to try maybe just need a week or so.

You'll know which job is OP and which one is hopeless. Noted that every tier have their own rules, for example maybe rog in end game is useless in clash, but rog in twink is OP.

#dont believe others except you see with your own eyes#

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post

No papa its way more on rogues ,u mage good mana Regen and with it stats u don't really face a problem against the aa,in rogues is around 100 ,I think so I let zeus confirm I am not calculating I just face lack of mana if I am inside aa pool and spam,I can do around 3-4 full skills spam repeats before I hit 0% mana,at that point not much to do when no mage in team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Why don't we say things like are for example buff rogues Nerf wars,so much easier,we talking with riddles and I ain't much of familiar with spr game
    Justg I don't mind how will balance be achieved,buffs nerfs etc ,we generally care to have pvp balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

No papa its way more on rogues ,u mage good mana Regen and with it stats u don't really face a problem against the aa,in rogues is around 100 ,I think so I let zeus confirm I am not calculating I just face lack of mana if I am inside aa pool and spam,I can do around 3-4 full skills spam repeats before I hit 0% mana,at that point not much to do when no mage in team
    I understand the frustration. I clashed against 2 korruption the other day. There were a couple times where I found myself with 0 mana. I will say that it does feel "breezish" in that you need korruption on your team as well or else you lose basically. Also I'm not sure if shield first two seconds make you immune to it. That pet does seem to undermine most other pets. On the other hand I didn't find the clash to be THAT much different than normal. I like concept of mana drain but maybe make stats much worse and make the circle half the size.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Irelia is right there are obvious signs of imbalance
    Papa u right I believe u understood what I trying express,Korruption is40% of my unsatisfaction cause I use war and rogue mainly so it has a big effect and a change on pvp .Lets Not forget it is a free legendary pet not an arcane and locked,u are plat spender if all good pets where free why should u spend money on ,it must be reworked the way u said which I proposed from beginning of thread,that change is called in general Nerf xd its too OP for a free legendary rarity,it makes sns useless 60%