Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Korruption and mana nerfs in PvP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Korruption and mana nerfs in PvP...

STS, please, take a serious look at this pet...I know Korruption was made for PvP, but it clearly needs a big nerf/change!! I mean..what's the point of "giving" EVERYBODY such an OP pet?? Even if it was only for few, it will still be insane, I'm talking about AA, of course! I don't know if you realize how OP it is:

-> It STOPS any heal ability overtime, including skills and pets (like sns), so this basically reduces mage's heal to 50-60%, but that's not the worst - warriors suffer much more, we ONLY get 1/6 of our horn (since is 100% overtime) and even juggernaut skill DOES NOT HEAL..so we can die in a second!! Due to heal packs, rogues suffer much less from this, but they still lose the small heals overtime. Even when we leave pool, heals won't work anymore -.- zzzz.. Totally absurd for a "free" and very common pet, NO??? This is also a bigger problem, since now we have this 50% nerf in PvP areas (including heals)!

-> It drains an insane amount of mana - around 50% - for all classes. So.. 2 korruption -> 0% mana -> no comments!

-> The AA area is huge..hard to move from it, particularly, when we are fighting 2 or more tanks using Mythic Set (4 axes bonus). And this is even worse, since we usually fight more than 1 korruption on a clash.

All this combined, makes Korruption insanely OP and that only favors LUCK, not SKILLS or tactics! And it's not fun, AT ALL, to have 1 item/pet that, basically, nuliffies heal skills and other heal effects from pets, like sns (most expensive pet in game). -.-

I know we have Stampy to remove pools..but, honestly, nobody uses stampy in PvP..why?? Coz it's a crap, nuff said lol and not always works anyways.. And if "Stampynab" is the only way we have to remove/cancel this pet's AA effects, so something is not right, for sure...

MY suggestion, why not removing AA effects on skills? I can accept the mana draining (although, I think the amount is very high, 5-7% each Dot would be ok; it's 10% now), but stopping heals and juggernaut it's totally absurd and non-sense! Something must be done with this, for sure!

---------

About mana nerf in PvP, I'm not sure about this subject, but are mana abilities/pets also nerfed to 50% in PvP areas? Is it supposed to be like heals and damage? Just a few examples:

-> Samael's mana regen ability
    -> Slobber's mana balls from passive
    -> Jack's AA ability

And many other cases like these...

We still need same amount of mana when using skills so..why are the mana abilities/pets (and I believe also skills) nerfed to 50%? This would only make sense if skills mana consumption was also reduced to half! Please, also take a look at this!

Cheers!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

There are a lot of good arguments there. If everyone in PvP is compelled to use one pet it is a possible indication of imbalance. Nobody really wants Korruption to be a disruption, amiright?

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

You can bash me for commenting on a pvp related thread, but this could be intentional to promote lesser considered jewels like water jewels and creativity in pet and stat point setup. Just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Very good points. This pet is breeze #2. It's totally overtaking pvp and it's only a LEGENDARY pet. And no, stampy is not very effective against it. For starters, stampy seems to have a longer cool down than korruption. Moreover, it rarely clears it. Shouldn't an arcane pet trump a free legendary?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They are probably going to be making some crazy Op PVP pets coming soon that's why they only made Stampy able to disrupt korruption's steel Mana pool. Just a thought why they made or better yet allowed everybody to get korruption

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    You can bash me for commenting on a pvp related thread, but this could be intentional to promote lesser considered jewels like water jewels and creativity in pet and stat point setup. Just saying.
    Bro, I understand what you're saying, since you do not PvP, but if you try it there, you'll change your mind. Its effects are just too much, and for tanks even more. Removing effects on our skills, or even reducing area of AA could make this pet much more "acceptable". As it is..it's just too much..#RIPSKILLEDPLAYERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    Very good points. This pet is breeze #2. It's totally overtaking pvp and it's only a LEGENDARY pet. And no, stampy is not very effective against it. For starters, stampy seems to have a longer cool down than korruption. Moreover, it rarely clears it. Shouldn't an arcane pet trump a free legendary?
    Lol it's way worse than breeze! It's like Munch Mouth when was glitched, breaking tank's juggernaut lol But imo even MM was more acceptable lol this AA is ridiculously OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I agree to everything.
    Korruption is just ridiculous and IMO, it ruins the complete fun in PvP.

No creativity anymore.
    Just stack 2 Korruptions in 1 clahs and booooom -> no mana -> no heal -> gg.
    - Allows

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Use Stampy pet :v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bidiel View Post
    Use Stampy pet :v
    O really,no say,have u ever used stampy on pvp or u believe u are smart....?Besides stampy is an arcane pet of 2m value so still gold to pay and not that effective first test ,so even in this case the free pet wins from all aspects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

use stampy :v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Aren't we tired of this buff nerf cycle?

I am a noob twink pvp player but what I suggest you to counter korruption is to use korruption lol. I don't think your opponent is immune to korruption pool like you.

Korruption is also available in egg version so that even if you haven't played goblin event, you can still buy this pet from CS. If you can spent 5 10 30 million for other arcane pets that you can sure throw 500k for this pet. And if your argument is that only the expensive pet owner is suppose to win the match then it's absurd. Pvp play should depend upon skill and strategy and teamwork not who is rich or poor or who got the most expensive pet.

Also, Mana and health are one of the important aspect of pvp. What korruption brought to pvp players is different variation to how we used to fight.

In the other hand,Advantage I have seen with this pet is that mage is more needed class for clash .and This pet give mages more chance to win vs with rogues who just spam their aimshot and sp. It has given rogues to use more strategy to win vs with mages. I won some vs with rogues using this pet but lost with war. So imo this pet just give different result than I have seen recently.

When I face korruption as a mage I am immune to stun during most of the time. So I can easily escape from the korruption's pool and later when pool is gone I can heal and give mana to others most of the time. So I guess team need more focus on protecting their mage.

So I don't agree with korruption's nerf.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Let's remember to keep the discussion civil and on topic, thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Let's remember to keep the discussion civil and on topic, thanks!
    Seo it would be so much better if we had an official post if there is going to be a Nerf on the pool aa,it's unreasonably too OP ,an answer will make drama be avoided

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Good thing someone started this thread before i quit playing pvp as a warrior, this pet is ridiculously "OP" and it is absurd mana/health nerf are u kidding me??? This pet clearly as everything against tanks....and it has unbalanced the game, playing as a tank...with korruption there i cant even last 6 seconds when being pulled on pools... with glint stone set around it even worse 4x axe almost makes it impossible to avoid the pools and also for my mages to heal for me for mana if on 0%mana...so what can we possibly do to stay alive and keep the clash rooling, if player's are constantly keep re joining out of spawn with a full set of hp/mana against a team of 0% mana and after burning jugg which has a 45 second cool down!!!! So sts please explain to me how can i possibly survive a few rounds when on a 0% mana/45 seconds cd when players are constantly rejoining out of spawn........What the point of this pet to nerf tanks...if tanks heal/jugg are nerfed how can dps possibly survive without someone taking dmg and heal overtime and what can i possibly do to keep my mana up and survive a few round.... THIS pet is absurd and in need of nerf.....and incase you guys haven't wondered that the Re joins on new tdm map after reviving is very short which means it almost impossible to tank if heals are nerfed/mana....there is no survivability due to this pet....please nerf this pet or i won't be seeing a day light of pvp once more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What can we possibly do to stay alive without a mage being there??? I am a tank who plays with randoms most of the time i'd be very lucky to have a at least 2 mages on my team which rarely happens-_-....This pet has really unbalanced the game... i dont understand how can anyone be against this nerf at a pet that nerfs heal over time and also drains mana...if heal over time are nerfed there is no survivability what so ever escaping the pools isn't as easy in ctf if theres a glint stone set tank there ctf now a days is a living nightmare with 12x axe pulls which is almost impossible to escape by the time my mages get pulled and mana as drained and players on the opposite side as just rejoined form reviving with a full set of mana against a team that heals/mana has been nerfed theres no survivability left to keep the clash rolling, as i said i am a tank who plays with randoms there always won't be a mage there to support the 0% mana that we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amsosorry View Post
    Good thing someone started this thread before i quit playing pvp as a warrior, this pet is ridiculously "OP" and it is absurd mana/health nerf are u kidding me??? This pet clearly as everything against tanks....
    What I found while using Korruption is that the AA drains mana way more from rogues than from tanks. If it is draining more mana from rogue than from tank, I would like to disagree with your point that it is "against tanks". Same level, similar gear tested rogue and tank with korruption pools. And the mana-drain is based (maybe partially) on one's armor.

My suggestions to make Korruption a little less OP would be any or all of the following as devs see fit:

1. Lessen the radius of its AA range-circle and increase the CD.

2. Make the AA hit 3 enemies instead of everyone in the circle. Lets do away with the Toxic circle maybe.

3. Implement a Mana Drain Immunity that prevents stacking Korruptions one after another.

4. Release a new mana-rejuvenating pet that counters Korruption by refilling mana every tick ( same way as Korruption drains mana) but it should affect only 2 other allies apart from yourself.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 05-30-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

for all: if you dont like this,then why dont you and ur team buy your own korruption and do the same as the enemy team?
    2 korruption + 2 stampy + 1 sns.
    2 warr + 2 rog + 1 mage that has sns and heals mana and is far behind so enemy pools cant reach him.While enemy team use korruption,warr use them too, then rogues use stampy and then mage quick come and heal all and use sns aa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You say it has if it that easy, in most of the clashes that i've been in there's at least 3 korruption there, pools aren't avoidable at all ctf room is very narrow if theres at least 1 set of tank with glint stone which is 4x axe, but now a days people usually stack set tanks, both teams are looking forward to win... so why wouldn't they stack the pet, you'd be also surprised at the number of people who doesn't even use stampy cause it a crappy pet, Pvp isnt played how you like the opposite team will mostly stack in order to win... 3 korruption in a room= no mana i've played with it also form experiencing it most of the times my team usually ends up with no mana for both mages and tanks, if there is no heal over time you won't even last 2 rounds when players are constantly re joining out of spawn there's no fun in that nor skills required...so what do you suggest us to do? To beg the opposite team to use 2 korruption and stop re joining and wait another 20 seconds so mage can get he's mana back up in order to heal the team, there's no fun in that how can we even last with out heal over time...as i said pvp isnt played how you like, so good luck finding a clash with 2 korruption, countering a korruption is no fun either and isn't has easy to avoid the pools if you and your team is constantly being pulled by 12x axe on the pools

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Korruption AA shouldnt have an effect if people have Juggernaut, Nekro AA, Razor shield, Arcane shield active. It does, but it shouldn't!