Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidelines for Future Guardians! Note: This is a personal opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Guidelines for Future Guardians! Note: This is a personal opinion.

Guidelines to become a Guardian of Alterra (Personal Opinion and Experience!)

• Do NOT expect the shield. If you are exhibiting behavior to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely that you will become a Guardian. Let me explain the philosophy behind it. If you are trying to follow a Guardian of Alterra's guidelines in order to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely you will become one because of the fact that (even if you may not realize it) you are displaying Guardian like characteristics for your own personal greed to achieve the shield. The original Guardians are role models as they were actively helping the community BEFORE awards were announced.*

•Do not lose your personality or be a drone reciting the TOS in every instance you see somebody committing a wrong action.*

• Kissing up doesn't necessarily get you the shield. So, again I stress. Keep your personality and don't become a TOS reciting drone. The occasional "Spamming is bannable" and things like that is fine. But one does not have to recite the TOS in order to become one.*

• Reference to Snakespeare's quote in the original thread of what is expected of a Guardian. It details the qualities needed very explicitly and well.*

• Giving away all your gold or hosting multitudes of forum contests will not guarantee you a shield. Especially if you are doing it so you can achieve the shield. It is pretty evident when that is the case.

• The bottom line is, if you are helping to become a guardian. It is highly unlikely. IMO, STS is looking for the guys who are genuinely helpful and don't complain on the threads of why they weren't picked. Recommending others above themselves. All that chivalrous stuff. So, those people you see that are helpful without knowing about the Guardian Status or are aware of it but don't care are the role models you should look up to, if you wish to become a Guardian.*

Again, this is all personal opinion and patterns from what I've seen. It is always open to criticism, but if you are going to bust out the Flaming Hot Cheetos, please make sure your digestive system is in check so you don't take it out on the innocent.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Do not lose your personality or be a drone reciting the TOS in every instance you see somebody committing a wrong action.
    +1, we want experienced, but fun/ understanding guardians

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You need to help people cause u want to help them not because u want something in return. Thats my opinion.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You should include making guides too. There's always a sudden inflow of guides before and after guardians are announced with many of these being rushed and just regurgitating info other people spent writing in their own guides.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

The wise Sage words of Apollo, lol. But anyways, see where your coming from.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Seriously I pretty much just joined forums and you can really separate the wanna be's and the naturals. Just like on another game I used to play I got mod by just being myself and then the admins made a dumb idea to put a mod guidelines and you can tell who changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Also good idea to add into main post is, not to change personality/acting/helpfulnes after being chosen as one of guardians, it's possible to lose your status too.

Overall looks good guide and hopely we see high quality guardians in future.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I believe the guardian of alterra think there better then the community of people who aren't guardians

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    Also good idea to add into main post is, not to change personality/acting/helpfulnes after being chosen as one of guardians, it's possible to lose your status too.

It's already up there

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well, I can say this: It's kind of impossible not to want the shield in some way, somehow. Maybe it's just me though.

The thing is, I have a different viewpoint. I mean, if you offer help, even IF it's for the shield, it's still help. I mean, if say, Phys (No Offense, not for real, just an example) did all those guides, with intention of a GoA shield, it still would have helped ALL those people.

And don't accuse me of saying that just because I want the shield as well. Because I don't, except for the greedy part of my soul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    I believe the guardian of alterra think there better then the community of people who aren't guardians
    Far from it Supra Alot of GoA's enjoy the honor, but also what people don't see is responsibility that comes with being a GoA. I mean this whole thread, as Parth said, is opinion based. I could care less if I was a GoA. It's just an honor, and more responsibility... Nothing else.... And nothing makes anyone better then anyone else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post

It's already up there
    Yeah but I mean to add into it that it's possible to lose your status if you do so.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Am I the only person who would hate to be a guardian???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Far from it Supra Alot of GoA's enjoy the honor, but also what people don't see is responsibility that comes with being a GoA. I mean this whole thread, as Parth said, is opinion based. I could care less if I was a GoA. It's just an honor, and more responsibility... Nothing else.... And nothing makes anyone better then anyone else

I think its better if you GOA acted the same way before you became guardian of alterra cause once you become guardians this whole maturity level rises and you guys aren't the same way as you used to be and your probably thinking we are setting and example... That is my main point in you guys becoming someone your not

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Probably not. I wouldn't like to be GoA either. I hope there is some kind of rejectment system for us.

You guys kind of know I'm the guy who likes fun.
    Like, I'm pretty sure the general PL Public views me as a clown, haha. I would hate being monitored, having to be civil and have to set an example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

C'mon, Noob. You could still have fun! Look at Wounded, Otu, Apollo....they help people, but they did before they became Guardians. They liked to have fun and goof around and they still do. I don't think it's changed any of the GoA's I know, it's more of the Dev's acknowledgement of the sort of people they just *are*. A shield doesn't change that.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    I think its better if you GOA acted the same way before you became guardian of alterra cause once you become guardians this whole maturity level rises and you guys aren't the same way as you used to be and your probably thinking we are setting and example... That is my main point in you guys becoming someone your not
    I can't speak for the others but I haven't changed since I became one. I also rarely wear the shield or at the very least it's not viewable since I have a staff. I've never been one to show off and act like I'm better than everyone. This is also one of many reasons I don't like pvp.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    No.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I think its very clear what certain people's intentions are when they post now.
    Get out of town
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage