Guidelines to become a Guardian of Alterra (Personal Opinion and Experience!)

• Do NOT expect the shield. If you are exhibiting behavior to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely that you will become a Guardian. Let me explain the philosophy behind it. If you are trying to follow a Guardian of Alterra's guidelines in order to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely you will become one because of the fact that (even if you may not realize it) you are displaying Guardian like characteristics for your own personal greed to achieve the shield. The original Guardians are role models as they were actively helping the community BEFORE awards were announced.*

•Do not lose your personality or be a drone reciting the TOS in every instance you see somebody committing a wrong action.*

• Kissing up doesn't necessarily get you the shield. So, again I stress. Keep your personality and don't become a TOS reciting drone. The occasional "Spamming is bannable" and things like that is fine. But one does not have to recite the TOS in order to become one.*

• Reference to Snakespeare's quote in the original thread of what is expected of a Guardian. It details the qualities needed very explicitly and well.*

• Giving away all your gold or hosting multitudes of forum contests will not guarantee you a shield. Especially if you are doing it so you can achieve the shield. It is pretty evident when that is the case.

• The bottom line is, if you are helping to become a guardian. It is highly unlikely. IMO, STS is looking for the guys who are genuinely helpful and don't complain on the threads of why they weren't picked. Recommending others above themselves. All that chivalrous stuff. So, those people you see that are helpful without knowing about the Guardian Status or are aware of it but don't care are the role models you should look up to, if you wish to become a Guardian.*

Again, this is all personal opinion and patterns from what I've seen. It is always open to criticism, but if you are going to bust out the Flaming Hot Cheetos, please make sure your digestive system is in check so you don't take it out on the innocent.