Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guidelines for Future Guardians! Note: This is a personal opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    My advice: Forget the shield and just play the game and have fun...cuz having fun is the reason why we play video games right? You shouldnt have to have a incentive to be a nice and helpful person...Anyways just my 28 cents
    +1000
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmyxspaceship View Post
    Hmmm... to me it sounds like most guardians or other people think that other people that are attempting to become a guardian, are only doing it for the shield and that doing things to become a guardian are wrong which in my case would be hosting contest. This somewhat offends me bc there are many other reasons to want to become a guardian other than having the darn shield. Also I am sure that other guardians that were not among the first group were doing things in mind that they would become a gaurdian. Am I right?
    You misunderstand. Apollo did not say or mean (I am willing to bet) that everyone who holds contests is "trying" to be a Guardian. Apollo himself did many a contest, before and after STS introduced the Guardian program. If this "offends" you, then in my opinion (for whatever it's worth) you're reading too much into it.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

The point of this thread says you should not do all these things to get a shield!
    You should do it because it IS FUN! And yes it is fun!
    Notice most people making guides are end game, nothing else to do.
    What is there to do at level 56 when you get bored of PvPing?
    Well, that is where we get these contests from: boredom.
    Foruming never gets old, so have some fun giving away stuff you're too lazy to sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yeah when i hosted my first picture contest I didnt have guardian in mind at all it was purely for the fun and I really enjoy looking at all the entries which was the best part of hosting them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As good as the intentions were, I don't think a thread like this can solve anything. As long as there is something desirable to be obtained, there will be people who will try to get it. Some may be able to fool everyone into thinking they're doing it just to be helpful, while others won't. Once the can's been opened, I don't think there's much to do about it. I think most of us saw this issue right away when the first GoAs were chosen -- some people will simply try to get one, and there's not much that's goin to stop them. I think even if the Devs said they would never appoint another GoA again, there would still be people who would do things JUST to get the shield.
    Just have to hope that the devs can see through their shenanigans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You misunderstand. Apollo did not say or mean (I am willing to bet) that everyone who holds contests is "trying" to be a Guardian. Apollo himself did many a contest, before and after STS introduced the Guardian program. If this "offends" you, then in my opinion (for whatever it's worth) you're reading too much into it.
    your right i take things to seriously some times forgive and srry apollo

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Solution: Strip the current GoAs from their titles and their shields, close GoA program Logically, that would be the most balanced and equal thing to do to completely kill all doubts for any prospective GoAs.

The end!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Solution: Strip the current GoAs from their titles and their shields, close GoA program Logically, that would be the most balanced and equal thing to do to completely kill all doubts for any prospective GoAs.

The end!
    +infinity.

The shield shouldn't, in any way, alter how you view or behave towards the community.

The shield just make us anything more than normal players, aside from Phys, his bird has 3 brains. No stats, no level 7 skills, nothing. We're just normal players.

What I find funny is how GoAs almost have a double-standard in-game. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its very clear what certain people's intentions are when they post now.
    IKR? It's so obvious Parth is angling for that King of the Guardians spot I was hearing about

I only hope that the vanity costume reward that replaces his head with Justg's glamour shot is worth all this legwork.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My honest opinion really, I agree 50/50 with Guardians, and no Guardians. If there are Guardians, those who've helped out a lot would feel rewarded. However if there weren't any Guardians (not saying this will happen bit) people would probably stop helping each other just because they knew there weren't any rewards. And let's go back to 09' of my Club Penguin days just to give the feeling of what things would be like. When you would first join the game, you'd get no welcome or respect at all, except from the tutorial. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice players! But in the end, the majority of the players there always harass or bully the newer players just because they don't have that "glitzy" outfit. Which in my opinion...is stupid. I would crack if that happened here on both MMO's
    Last edited by Roasty; 08-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    My honest opinion really, I agree 50/50 with Guardians, and no Guardians. If there are Guardians, those who've helped out a lot would feel rewarded. However if there weren't any Guardians (not saying this will happen bit) people would probably stop helping each other just because they knew there weren't any rewards. And let's go back to 09' of my Club Penguin days just to give the feeling of what things would be like. When you would first join the game, you'd get no welcome or respect at all, except from the tutorial. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice players! But in the end, the majority of the players there always harass or bully the newer players just because they don't have that "glitzy" outfit. Which in my opinion...is stupid.
    Ao in your opinion, the forums were a mess of rude and obnoxious people beforethe GoAs were appointed, and now it's all sunshine and bunny rabbits?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Ao in your opinion, the forums were a mess of rude and obnoxious people beforethe GoAs were appointed, and now it's all sunshine and bunny rabbits?
    Think of it this way...at least it improved! No website/forum/community is perfect...and never will be. Well that's kind of obvious, we have definitely heard that before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The end!
    Physio with the most logical solution. I would have no problem with this happening.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    IKR? It's so obvious Parth is angling for that King of the Guardians spot I was hearing about

I only hope that the vanity costume reward that replaces his head with Justg's glamour shot is worth all this legwork.
    Darn it. I should have put on my anti mind control helmet. You got inside my head, didn't you? .
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Physio with the most logical solution. I would have no problem with this happening.
    I wouldn't mind a fully body costume replacement either..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Phys and Les have some really good brains. There will always be someone who works and helps for a reward, but then again let's just throw out the GoA program so that no one will seem to have more privileges and such.
    Last edited by Roasty; 08-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So Guardians are like Goku from Dragon Ball Z? I wanna be Vegeta xD
    WishUWereHere - 56 Bird
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5406/wishyouwereheret.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I don't get on the forums all day, and I miss all this stuff. Everything I wanted to say has been said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    **SOME** bunny rabbits. Mine's been on here from time to time. I dunno, I like the idea of the GoA's just because it's someone a new person can approach with confidence that they'll get some help. And Roasty? I've honestly run into more nice, helpful people in the game (and I go back a fair ways before there were any Guardians) than bad ones. Shoot, I have people constantly dropping gear on my baby bird(s) now, just because. I've honestly never been hassled, never been called a noob (well, except by Haikus, but he's allowed), been booted less than 10 times over my whole career in game. Really, it's a pretty nice world we have here.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Listen, the Guardians earned their title and a nice shield because the developers wanted to award people who helped them and the community in their game that they made. It's natural that people will strive to become one to gain a title and a shield, but even if that's at the core, if they've helped enough to be recognized by the devs then they deserve it. Hey, GoA status is not necessarily permanent.

It's literally impossible to create a system that is 100% fair to everyone in every situation. Companies/governments aren't in charge because they can cater to every single person; if you're looking for that then we're talking about something much bigger. But the point is that nobody has a perfect solution, so the devs have a responsibility to do what they think is best for the community. Hey, rewards motivate. That's why they gave away shields also.

--

P.S.- I agree, the new smileys are terrible :P
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 08-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]