Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Red hardlight shield?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Trolling: The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

It wasn't anything "bad" but bring up the Founders' helm in an attempt to incite/revisit a riot is indeed trollish. When it is followed immediately by a request to lock the thread, there are only so many conclusion one can draw.
    i have no idea what trolling is fyi so sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default iOS, Android, so what?

I play pocket legends on both systems.

While I think the iOS version is better (e.g. i can type while fighting/running around --> doesn't work on my Android phone, seems unimportant but can be lifesaving in long fights), the fun (and frustration) remains the same.
    If you're so mad about the daily deals, just borrow a friends Android phone for 2 minutes and you get your (exclusive) Android deal.

Because of the time difference (atm I'm in Asia) I can post on the forum what the daily deal might be in your region, so you can still think if you call your friend or not...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    I play pocket legends on both systems.

While I think the iOS version is better (e.g. i can type while fighting/running around --> doesn't work on my Android phone, seems unimportant but can be lifesaving in long fights), the fun (and frustration) remains the same.
    If you're so mad about the daily deals, just borrow a friends Android phone for 2 minutes and you get your (exclusive) Android deal.

Because of the time difference (atm I'm in Asia) I can post on the forum what the daily deal might be in your region, so you can still think if you call your friend or not...
    Um yeah borrowing a friends phone isn't going to be a viable work around
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    Decent suggestion if it's available to some maybe they will take it. Personally I'm not mad about missing the deals. I would never spend plat on perishable items (elixirs) nor would I spend 50 plat for a non stat vanity item. I believe it's more the idea behind this than anything; the game is a multi-platform game and for one group to get exclusive access to any aspect of the game for an extended period of time just seems to form a rift between the two is all.

Edit: I do hope that some nice Android user with screenshot capabilities is nice enough to post screenies of the daily deals that are unleashed. We will indeed see if there is anything to be "mad" about.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-07-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

IOS is no longer need it spacetime studios have move on to android considering the fact they get everything first

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I know what you mean and some months ago I was thinking about stop playing PL, but 2 months later I just bought a cheap phone with Android 2.2.
    After that I stopped complaining cause I still think the iOS version is better.

The daily deals are nothing but a way for the developers to earn some extra cash.
    But I won't complain about it cause you can't just do all the work for free, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Hmmm.....have to admit it seems a little unfair (cue voice-over stating that life isn't fair. yeah, yeah. I know.). I remember back in the day (yay for sounding like an old coot. Get off my lawn!) when Android was first coming on-board and this and that had to be delayed because it wouldn't be fair to have whatever before the Android people got on. Now? Cut-rate elixir offer....if you're on Android. Re-release of Hardlight....if you're on Android. Ability to play the game, even if in beta format.....if you're on Android. Devs? What happened to the "We're all one-big happy family" thing? Some of us are feeling a little left out in the cold.
    I had the impression that other Apple device users were saying they had the elixir offer, just not the shield? So that's not seeming device specific. (And wait for the timer to finish counting down on your device and check again - that's when I saw the shield offer.)

SL launch waited for Apple and it seems Apple wouldn't say no - Apple won't let the Beta on their devices so STS finally let the rest of the Android users into the Beta. I'd blame Apple for that one.

I humbly beg forgiveness if I haven't followed the thread above accurately - correct me if so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I'm an iOS player..sometimes strange typos happen posting from phone
    I think's that the most awesome thing I've seen in this thread of OS-chauvinism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Hmmm.....have to admit it seems a little unfair (cue voice-over stating that life isn't fair. yeah, yeah. I know.). I remember back in the day (yay for sounding like an old coot. Get off my lawn!) when Android was first coming on-board and this and that had to be delayed because it wouldn't be fair to have whatever before the Android people got on. Now? Cut-rate elixir offer....if you're on Android. Re-release of Hardlight....if you're on Android. Ability to play the game, even if in beta format.....if you're on Android. Devs? What happened to the "We're all one-big happy family" thing? Some of us are feeling a little left out in the cold.
    I had the impression that other Apple device users were saying they had the elixir offer, just not the shield? So that's not seeming device specific. (And wait for the timer to finish counting down on your device and check again - that's when I saw the shield offer.)

SL launch waited for Apple and it seems Apple wouldn't say no - Apple won't let the Beta on their devices so STS finally let the rest of the Android users into the Beta. I'd blame Apple for that one.

I humbly beg forgiveness if I haven't followed the thread above accurately - correct me if so.
    No daily deals of any kind on iOS. Additionally unless I missed something sl beta wasn't held up by apple.
    Last edited by Kraze; 08-07-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Additionally unless I missed something sl beta wasn't held up by apple.
    You may have missed something, here is the recap:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hello Apple iOS Users!

We wanted to give an update as to where we are with Star Legends becoming available on the Apple App Store. As you know, we submitted the game for Apple approval on July 11th (announcement post here). For Pocket Legends, we usually have new client approval turned around in 10 days to two weeks. However, Star Legends is not simply an update to an existing approved game, it is a full game in it's own right. So, it is in part understandable that approval for it would take longer than usual.

We know that many of you would like to know when you will be able to play Star Legends on your Apple device. Unfortunately, we can't give that estimate to you. We do not have an estimate from Apple when, or even if, Star Legends will be approved. We are waiting as well. If we have an update to that status, we will share it with you on all available channels. We are as excited to bring the game to you as you are to play it. Thanks again for your support for our games - we know that we wouldn't be anything without you, our fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Rofl I reread his post. I thought he was referring to the original beta release not the expanded beta. Learned my lesson late night plus lack of caffeine one should double read before replying.
    Last edited by Kraze; 08-07-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    Just my 2 plat

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Every day is a good day to blame Apple.

P.S. I'm an iOS user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Every day is a good day to blame Apple.

P.S. I'm an iOS user
    Eh perhaps for sl delay not so much for the daily deal
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think it's kinda like this

OOOOH I love android coz they dance at shopping centers and apples meh they just get eaten

Just a joke nothing bad I'm trying to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone have a picture?
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Elianel!

Are people really paying 50p for this? It's exactly the same as the HardLight shield but red.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Are people really paying 50p for this? It's exactly the same as the HardLight shield but red.
    Yessir, they're paying and loving every minute of it. Just hope that STS stays away from integrating the two shields and getting sued by Capcom for copyright infringement of Resident Evil's Umbrella logo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Had another thought. If they charged less than 50p, imagine how many people who paid 50p for the white one (bc you know most people only bought the name reservation for the shield), would start complaining that they paid 50p for it and now a RED one is cheaper!

So win/win for STS. All the collectors will still pay 50p for it and not complain while doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Whatever happened to "Limited Beta" for SL? Seems like now its become "iOS not welcome Beta".

And why should droid get all these nifty features before iOS? Because STS have them ready and are able to give it to droid, right? Correct. But why give it to them? Thats like saying to your two kids that you only have 1 last cookie but you will go out and buy more cookies an hour later. So you give it to your favorite kid...droid in this case. I bet that other kid feels pretty bad. iOS in this case.
    Im not saying or assuming that STS favors droid over iOS but I think its a bad desicion to give one group of the community the "cookie" before the other part because they CAN get it first.

/mythoughts

Lol look back at the first post. Lol this thread has spiraled some xD
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177