View Poll Results: Who should become the next President and Vice President of Arlor?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elections in Arlor! | Voting 1

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Default Elections in Arlor! | Voting 1

Hello and welcome to the second part of the first debate!

Process

The poll above has the candidates and their running mates listed. Vote on your favorite based on the responses to the first debate topics (below). After the deadline passes the top five (5) favorites will move onto the next round. Another poll will be posted for proposed debate topics. Candidates and their running mates will then work on their "speech" and then PM me their response. It will then go to another public vote and the top three will will the contest.

Deadline

Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM PDT

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who can vote in the above poll?
    A: Anyone.

Q: Am I still able to register as a candidate?
    A: No; the deadline has already passed.

Q: I don't see myself listed as a candidate on this page. What gives?
    A: Entries that were missing required content, did not reply to my message by the deadline or were inappropriate were automatically removed from the running.

Q: My entry was edited. Why?
    A: Content was edited for length, appropriateness and off topic comments were removed.

Q: I think something is fishy with the poll. How can I report it?
    A: Please send me a message with your concerns.

What happens if there is a tie?
    A: I will break the tie(s).

Q: How exactly will the voting work?
    A: I will create a new thread with a poll for which the community (and the candidates) can vote on. There will be a deadline for the vote and the top 5 (for round 1) and top 3 (round 2) will move onto the next round. The votes will be PUBLIC in order to discourage dummy account voting. Spacetime reserves the right to adjust the polls if there is any suspected foul play.

Candidates & Statements

Click on "Spoiler about [Name]" for their discussion topic. Entries are in the order in which they initially registered on the sign up page.

Candidate: konafez
    Running Mate: Coffeegirl

Quote Originally Posted by konafez & Coffeegirl
    My fellow arlorians

I propose a subsidy for all arlorian bakerys . Making cake more abundant with lower prices. And outlawing the burning of bakerys.

As for the economy, we are experiencing post event inflation. To help correct this I propose a tariff to be levied against invading goblins and the proceeds to be distributed to all arlorians

Since the recent increase in bakery arsons, we should implement a tax credit for Arlorian bakers so they can offset the cost incurred from installing fire suppression systems

Candidate: Hail
    Running Mate: Befs

Quote Originally Posted by Hail & Befs
    Food Deficit/Overabundance (Cake etc.)
    State of the Economy

Aloha my fellow Alorians. My IGN is Hail, and with the help of my running mate –Befs, as well as the support of our loyal, loving friends, I will be running for the position as Arlors First President ever! Along with this title, comes the attempt at creating a better environment for all to enjoy. However, two main problems blockade our nations pursuit towards perfection.

Food Deficit

"Firstly, the continuous decline of food stocks lingers as a threat to Arlor’s population... and as we all know, ‘Winter is Coming!’. After numerous hours inputted towards the recovery of a fundamental, long-lasting solution concerning this problem, we believe we have found (not A solution), but THE solution. There is one thing Arlor lacks as a successful nation… international import and export. What I plan to do is install a Minister of Foreign Affairs who will be working towards a healthy, worth-while relationship towards an eventual Free Trade Agreement. Not only will this completely reduce Arlors Hunger Statistics for this coming winter, it will remain as a long-term solution for years and years to come.

State of the Economy

Next on the Agenda, the current state of the economy. With the current invasion/massacre of our local goblins, we were re-introduced with every money-makers best friend… Heretic Goblin Chests. Many people, including myself mass opened these lovely little, 5-tokens to open chests as we received an abundance in ankhs, energy kits, and mostly gold. This seen an increase in many items listed in the cs, evidently, arcane weapons, arcane rings, dragonite bars and more. Unfortunately, over time gold will be lost from pots, useless but schmexy vanity items (via Spendsalot), as well as the dreaded consignment shop tax. What I would love to do if I was elected as your President is to lower/reduce this tax completely, not only will it encourage them pesky, shouting peasants to just list their items in the cs but it will also give us farmers/merchers a large profit margin when listing our own items.

#BurntheBakery
    "

Candidate: Hoardseeker
    Running Mate: Ruizhe

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker & Ruizhe

Greetings Arlorians! The time has Come ! To choose "Your" President and I'm here to do My Duty of Informing the fellow Citizens of Arlor , Regarding few Issues the Arlorian Community asked . I'm not going to take much of your time writing walls of text , Let me Jump into it.

1.Food Deficit/Overabundance
    Currently this is an Critical Issue in our Homeland , Arlor. There is an Oversupply of Cakes . Some Defective Candidates support Cakes . Remember those news about "Grand Birthday Cakes"? I hope you all Remember those , If you haven't heard of those then take a look here which is Posted by our Retired Chief Reporter Remiem :

"It spawns a Bandit which steals everything from you and deliver the stolen items to those who had sent him"
    -A.R.S.E.S Reported

Don't worry or feel for those Victims , they had a Speedy Recovery by the Arcane Magic of our Vice-Candidate,Ruizhe.Steps will be Taken to execute #BurnTheBakery and I have a Few Delicious Sneak Peeks on these issues :

1) Chocolate Fountains :

2) #FrenchFriesForAll:

3)Ice Creams!! Who don't like Ice Creams? Not the Nordr People:

2.State of the Economy

I have already informed a Simple Fix on this issue :
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker
    I'd get the Millions of gold stashed by Sir Spendsalot which was earned by a Selling a Vanity Set which wont drop gold actually but looks like it drops gold every second ! For his Fraud Sales I'd file a Case on him and give those golds to the poor people and make Arlor go Gold !

#HoardyForPresident
    #FrenchFriesForAll
    #FreeGoldForThePoor
    #GoldenArlor
    Very ,Very Simple Fix ,But Still ... there will be few tweaks to Item Prices to balance the Economy

Finally , I Conclude my Debate . Just....

Candidate: Greatankush
    Running Mate: Justno

Quote Originally Posted by Greatankush & Justno
    Candidate:

Food: This is a sensitive topic in arlor nowadays, I don't understand why? I mean, Arlor is more important than food. I am not opposing any food items, because ofcourse you need food to survive. As far as cake is concerned, I don't want to put a stop to its production but I want to make other food items such as burgers, chocolates, ice cream etc available. Eating just cake for the whole of your life will be miserable.

Economy: improving the economy is a bit too complex then we think it is. Most people suggest, gold drops, merchant control, supply control, but let me get you straight, it's not that simple. Firstly, we have mixed feelings... plat buyers want more gold for their money, while normal people want superior items to become cheaper. We have to plan it such that both sides are happy. Limiting plat sales or reducing discount can help. On the other hand events should be increased and more event-exclusive stuff should be released. stupid re-releasing of discontinued stuff should be stopped. For gold drops, they should range from difficulty of maps. Of course 1k dropping in backendridge would lead to abuse, but in higher areas like end elites gold drop should be increased to Help players not kill their wallets for potions and ankhs.

Running mate:
    Food: All types of food should be provided and arlorian should not be forced to eat one type of food. Most of the other candidates focus on food but we focus more on the development of arlor.

Economy: Gold drops should be increased in elites. Plat sales to be limited. More stuff for F2P

Candidate: Kaziscate
    Running Mate: Visiting

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate
    Food Deficit/Overabundance
    There has been a dangerously low food shortage in arlor. I will fix this by creating farms throughout arlor. The crops/ingredients harvested will not contain hazardous chemicals to preserve them, but will have a sprinkle of magic that will be in the soil to make sure that the food can last for literally an eternity. I will also send out my potato buddies to set up charities to donate food to the poor and hungry (as well as have food trucks and restaurants for everybody else).

State of the Economy
    The economy isn't doing great right now and compared to 2-3 years ago, prices on items significantly dropped by a terrifying 50-99%! This significant price drop is due to the inflation of items. To solve this,the production and distribution of items will be slowed down by 25-40% to help counter this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiting
    As far as the food deficit goes,I personally believe that we should be working to harness the latent energy that's going to waste in the Shuyal area to farm the various crops that can be grown in the Undim Fields.

Regarding the economy, me and my running mate have spoken about proposing a way to stmulate the currently stagnate market by making older maps more viable to run for all levels, not just the endgame levels, thus bringing more gold into the economy and having it flow from the rich to the middle class and so on.Thus keeping the lower classes with enough gold to live on, and the upper classes with things they need, such as fancy premium vanities and whatnot.

Candidate: ilhanna
    Running Mate: Lugs

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna & Lugs
    Candidate: Ilhanna
    Running Mate: Lugs

Food Deficit/Overabundance (Cake etc.)
    State of the Economy

Our plan for food situation in Arlor is encompassed in DURIAN.
    D for delicious. Food in Arlor must reflect the tastiness of durian: sweet, rich, and creamy soft. Food, whether for Arlorians with two feet, or four, or six (or in the case of Blinky, Gaze, Korruption,
    Slobber and Maridos, footless), should not be made hard and bitter by scarcity and high cost
    U for ubiquitous. Food, especially durians, should be available on any map year round
    R for robust. Food, like natural and nutritious durians, should be good for the health, not artery-clogging or tooth decaying
    I for increase. Food, like durian-based snack, should increase in quantity and variety
    A for advantage. Growing and trading food, especially durians, should bring advantage, instead of loss
    N for novelty. It is time new super foods like durians is introduced in Arlor

State of The Economy
    Our DURIAN plan for Arlorian economy is all about doubling everything.
    D for dynamic and dependable. No room for boredom, stagnation and uncertainty
    U for unanymous and unbending. Economic decisions should be supported by endgamers and twinks, and sound enough not to be swayed by partisanship
    R for relevant and real. Economic moves, like events and item introduction, should meet the actual needs of Arlorians for self-improvement and fun
    I for innovative and inclusive. Fresh events that every level can benefit from and enjoy, where every class can play an important role
    A for accomodating and adaptable. Plans should take into account suggestions and feedback, and allow for improving--as opposed to curtailing--modification
    N for network and nurturing. Events and releases should foster and reinforce peer and guild networking and cooperation, and provide plenty of info and resource support for new players.

Central to this idea is the introduction of Grand Locked Durian Crate, which might contain any of the following:
    • Arcane durian seed which you can plant and nurture at home to yield potions, with the occasional currencies and ankhs, or plant on map, water with the blood of enemies, so it will bear more crates
    • Mythic durian weapons (warrior durian mace, rogue durian nunchaku, and mage durian cannon)
    • Durian magic potion that refills twice as much health
    • Durian magic kibble that keeps pet happy twice as long
    • Durian scale jewel (gives armor and damage)
    • Etc.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 05-31-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Let the voting begin!!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

#BurnTheBakery

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

#MakeArlorCakeAgain

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

#Hailforpresident!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

president kona ! hope u win yay!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mssweety For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

#BurnTheBakery

Hail for president!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

#KonaForPresident
    IGN: WORD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

My first post is a vote for Kona and Coffeegirl

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cons View Post
    #KonaForPresident
    Quote Originally Posted by mssweety View Post
    president kona ! hope u win yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    My first post is a vote for Kona and Coffeegirl

Betrayal!
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Pfffft I've known Coffeegirl for over two years. She has dibs

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Betrayal!
    *Evil Laugh*
    IGN: WORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Go go go Hail & Befs and Ilhanna & Lugs!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Azapauele For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Kona is my President

#KonaForPresident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Look at them votes! Good luck everyone and much love for all my supporters
    - (un) Retired -

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

*slips cake into hails pocket *

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Seeing that there are only 6 entries, would it be possible for the next round to select the top three?
    - (un) Retired -

Coalhouse

"Out o' tune, sir: ye lie. Art any more than a steward? Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"

(Or rather: *coffee*.)
    Last edited by Coalhouse; 05-30-2016 at 09:13 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Coalhouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Two, four, six, eight! Vote for Kona, don’t be late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

#Ilhannaforpresident!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's my sig. You have my permission to be #jelly

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mishafeng For This Useful Post: