Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest - 1 million gold in overall prizes!

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Contest - 1.5 million gold in overall prizes!

IS OVER!!!
    Hi guys, I've been trying to think of a contest idea for a couple of weeks now, and I finally decided on what to do.

My contest doesn't require drawing/editing or cake-making skills. It requires you to reflect on your Pocket Legends journey. I want you to write a summary of less than 750 words that describes what has defined your Pocket Legends experience and made it special to you. You should talk about what would automatically stand out to you about your PL adventures. Be it friends that have been by your side, that one pink you farmed desperately for ages and finally acquired, or a random act of kindness that renewed your love for the game... the options and memories are endless. So, it can be creative, funny, emotional, or anything else you want to throw into your message. If you want to include pictures, please limit them to only 2. Please, no flaming. You may edit your post because only the final version will be judged, but keep in mind that I will monitor this thread. Also, you'll probably get more attention if you write your entry in proper English. Legibility is a plus. The judges reserve the right to disqualify a person's entry if they feel that it is inappropriate or violates the guidelines.

JUDGES - DawnInfinity and Ayrilana

ENTRY FEE - n/a

GUIDELINES - Less than 750 words, up to 2 pictures. No flaming. Please make sure entries are posted in this topic and not PMed to me. Entries will only be judged here.

DEADLINE - August 19th, 2011 6PM EST time

PRIZES
    1st place - 800k
    2nd place - 300k
    3rd place - 150k

DONATIONS
    Physiologic - 500k! <3

There will be 3 Honorable Mentions that will receive 25k each. If I receive donations, I will edit the prizes accordingly.

Last edited by DawnInfinity; 08-21-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Reserved
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Oh my goodness, no don't go!
    Unless this is just a contest. I'll be working on the essay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Oh my goodness, no don't go!
    Unless this is just a contest. I'll be working on the essay.
    Maybe you're just reading into things too much. Or maybe not <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

so it can be written like a story? or does it have to be essay style?
    anyways, nice contest idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayc2000 View Post
    so it can be written like a story? or does it have to be essay style?
    anyways, nice contest idea!
    Either is fine. It's up to you as long as its less than 750 words!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default The phoenixking legacy

It was a warm august after noon when i stumbled across something that seem incrdible on the app store this app was called POCKET LEGENDS, I was so exited when i saw the screen shots I thought 'ooohh laa laaa it looks beautiful its awsome me want it!!!' and so i downloaded the game. The whole game seem really really complex, but i started getting the hang of it at that time my name was mikeygon and I met a cool archer we became freinds and then he was gone at that time i was now level 13 pure archer and i got bored i didnt play the game till i got a exciting message!! Dark forest is now free! So i reistalled and played again but then restarted when i saw the greatness of mage staffs i became an intbird my new name is how you all know me today, PHOENIXKING. I leveled and became better I got addicted and begged my dad to let me get plat and i slowly bought campaigns noobylishly pawning everything in my large screen.

So time passed on and I was leveling and getting some vanity things level 45 was still the cap I have acomplished this with my freinds and reached level 45 a new campaign came out it was named ALIEN OASIS III so tough I was leveling and became 46 i couldn't crush the keeper in the map crush the keeper so it was a pain until my freinds brought the might level 47 players and I said 'MY HERO'S" I was excited we beater T'paxx easily like and I became level 47 defeating gurgox was a challenge but was still acomplished till that time we where fighting the tough OVERLORD!! it was a real challenge I treid and treid and treid but I failed like a chicken running headless trying to escape from the chicken killer untils my freinds got a level 49 and we glitches him and killed him I got to the victory laps!! And it is victorious V-I-C-T-O-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!

The end of my story

~phoenixking
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 08-08-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Creating story
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

OK, here is my entry =)

Alterra is a land filled with mystical beings, courageous heroes, and strange mysteries. Of course there always is the enemy, devious and cunning. To protect this land, warriors are called forth, and one of them is the brave enchantress, Enikazie. Born with a clear resolve and outstanding magical abilities, she started to climb to the tops of the ranks from level one. While fighting zombies, knights, mummies and aliens, she met many great friends. They helped her on her journey and made her who she is today. If it were not for her friends, she would not have had enjoyed her adventure to level 55. Because of them, she could joke around, relieve some stress, and have fun. Enikazie learned about teamwork, crucial in fighting bandits in the sewers. She also learned how to survive and kill, while playing around in pvp. She was happy to be surrounded by her friends, and knew they would always be there for her.

Later, I found the forums, an awesome place and a good way to meet even more people. Some of my really good friends are whirlz, wound, zeus, noob and phoenix. Whirlz, very pro at pvp, and fun to hang out with at ctf. Wound, super dedicated, caring, and overall awesome. Zeus, super funny, and very helpful. Noob, annoying, but always makes me laugh. Phoenix, crazy hyper, but cool to be around. These people are one of the main reasons I still play this game . Without them, PL would be just another mmo, rinse and repeat . So, I am really thankful for the friends I made and for all of the PL community and how helpful and kind everyone’s been to me. That’s what PL means to me, friends and family. XD

It's a little cheesy at the end lol, but I was smiling as I typed the whole thing <3
    Last edited by Ayc2000; 08-08-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Omg! Thank you dawn! I was sick of all the drawing contest that i SUCK at! I like writing better
    Last edited by Register; 08-08-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: switched the ugly :) smiley to the awesome :biggrin: smiley
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'm in - with the: Intbear twinking and early PL.
    Last edited by Conradin; 08-08-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I started playing Pocket legends, around a month ago, i had no expectation for. *I only downloaded it because I was desperate for a new game, and when i looked under free rpgs on my ipad, it was near the top of the list. *Their were many good reviews, but I have never trusted in subjective opinions.

I downloaded it.

About an hour later, I began to play. *I liked the graphics, and the gameplay, but I wasn't really looking forward to the people, as having played Runescape before, I understood that as a noob, I would be preyed on for my money. Sure enough, in my 8th day of playing, I was, out of 13000, no less. *Needless to say, I completly lost hope, until I met, for the first time, someone who actually wasn't scamming people. *Though here he will remain anonymous, he was very kind, helped me level up, and I was for the first time, genuinely happy with the game. *I met other nice people, saved some noobs from my fate of being scammed, and enjoyed Pocket Legends more and more. Soon enough, I figured out their was a Pocket Legends forum, and before long I became a member of the community.*

*I still play around at least 2 to 3 hours of Pocket Legends each day, and am still enjoying it. Pocket Legends is a very well created game, and all the people here are kind and helpful. I thank the developers, and all of the helpful members od the community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It all started on a cloudy stormy day in the middle of april 2010. I was looking through the apple store under rpg. I saw this game called "pocket legends". I was thinking to myself is this a game where little monsters in my pocket have magical quests? Sadly i wqs wrong , i downloaded the game and made a almight player called ARCHEY. i got to like lvl 4 and though it was the worst mmorpg ever! And again thank god i was wrong after a year i played again.

Theres my entry

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default my entry

IGN: lilgangsta
    when i first started pocket legends i had no idea what to do lol. i was getting scammed left and right, but didnt know it. i eventually cuaght on and became a rich person. considering the fact tht pocket legends was kinda new. at 500k i decided to buy evrything i wanted. (death shotgun, void blaster ect.) so i went completely broke. i was only lvl 34 so i eventually lost interest in the game. but i logged on for old sakes, and some one said "giving away 50k to low lvls limited time." being exited i went to him. he gave the money as said then we started talking about why he did it. turns out he was leaving pocket legends due to phone and internet loss. so for some reason he gave me an extra 300k. from there i decided to start playing again and i some how managed to complete my goal. to complete an entire void and death set. only to find out that custom set is the best dex. set. so i have set a new mission for myself, and this prize gold would really help. thats my story.
    Last edited by lilgangster; 08-13-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here's my entry!

It was that day somewhere around Thanksgiving in November. My iPod was gathering quite some dust, there was nothing that I felt could make me happy anymore about it. Then out of the blue, I typed in "top 10 Free iPod MMO's". I saw Pocket Legends, the name seemed creative so I took a look at the reviews. There were so many positive comments about the game! So I tried it out, and I was shocked. It was so amazing! The graphics were awesome, it was smooth, and addicting! Of course it wasn't long before it became my most favorite game ever. I've been through hate, depression, but also lots of happiness. It goes on around even today. I've learned a lot by playing this game, not just the skills and builds and all that, but people too. It seems that whenever when I'm in a town, I always see a fight, maybe some drama, and just some players advertising their weapons and such. And then, the Amazon servers crashed one day. I can almost imagine how bored I was in those days I could not play. Then the forum came around! I was definitely amused for once that I thought of it, so I signed up. And from that day and on, I realized that I had never met such a close community before. I have friends who are fun, cool, and just plain nice. Sure, of course it's not all Sally Sunshine. But you know what? It was worth it. Pocket Legends was a big adventure for me, and it still is.
    Last edited by Roasty; 08-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Heres my PL story

IGN - Paaraseva (:

One Cloudy Rainy May Day i was Scamming through the android market and came across PL! I wondered to myself hmm maybe this would be fun and so i downloaded it (:
    After a few minutes i was HOOCKED Lol! I lvled and killed and thought nothing of it and pretty soon i was lvl 30 I was having alot of Memories made in PL I met alot of Great! friends and Lotta great things just happened! So i Finally lvled myself to 55 and was Soooooo HAPPY I Played non stop and just was having a blast!!!! Pretty soon i started Farming and Farming so one day i started to farm Vyxnaar and within 20 minutes i had. Conq Vyx Helm!!!!! Lol then i farmed green ice and within 20 minutes i found one of those to!!!! Its just those kinda of little things in PL that we Love that keep us True Players Going everyday!!! Its always an adventure loggin in to PL and i hope it is for all Players out there who truly love the game I wish best of Luck to all of u!!! c(:

I love PL & Spacetime KEEP UP UR AMAZING WORK HOPE TO SEE MORE !!!!!!!(:
    Last edited by Paar; 08-18-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

One cold January evening I was bored out of my mind. I took out my old iPod and turned it on. I was searching the app store and came across pocket legends in the adventure section. I took a look and was hooked. I downloaded it and started playing right then. I started out as a bear because of the description of it. When I leveled up to level 2 in the old bear tutorial I didn't know if I should add points to str, dex, or int. After a while I chose int because I wanted my bear to be smart. As I leveled to 13 I discovered dark forest and the map. When I was 18 and couldn't level anymore I found the "Earn free plat button." so I bought all the campaigns in order and stopped right before the oasis town. Then I found out about pvp and twinking. So I created my second char which is now piosidon. I didn't know anything about buffs so I kinda sucked at pvp. Then after experience I became better. After I retired piosidon from twinking I made my mage aitis.Aitis was a voodoo Mage. I don't know if people would consider aitis to be good or not. Then I decided I would level my chars to 50 since the main spine was free. Then I made deathssscar leveled him to 50 and here I am today.

The End

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great contest idea Dawn!!!
    Last edited by pwnpear; 08-15-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks Flowman!!!
    The best fruit in the world....PWNPEAR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Awesome stories so far guys. Keep them coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The day I met Nonexsistant:

I met Non in a pvp arena at level 10. I hadn't gotten the extra dungeons yet, so I was playing in the arena's. Non hadn't leveled up for a few weeks. I don't know if he understood or not. I remember beating him a few times. He was lvl 9. Then I gave him some better weapons and armor. At that point, he pawned me. That was the day I met Non, my favorite pvp partner on PL

We played pvp for awhile. Then I got Balefort and reached 23. I left for a week, because I was upset for some reason. I had quit all Ipod games. But when I came back, I found that Non had become a lvl 33 bird. He did some dungeons with me. Then he quit PL one day. No explanation. He just traded everything he had and quit. Even at the end, he was still my best friend on PL

(I hope this is under 750 words. Not sure.)
    Last edited by Drianikaben; 08-08-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Drianikaben lvl 75 Enchantress (PvE)
    Perintokon Lvl 69 Enchantress (PvP)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I can’t remember what kind of day it was when I started Pocket Legends. In fact, I didn’t even know what kind of game I had even downloaded! I was going through the free games list, looking through the usual contenders of puzzle games, when I decided on PL only because of the screenshots that were populated with bobble-headed avatars and colorful loading screens. I was a lone enchantress in a world I had no idea was an MMO. I probably went through a dozen levels alone when, shockingly, another name popped up on the side of my screen then another and another. I wasn’t running by myself but with a whole team. The fun and security that came with knowing someone had my back surprised me because the dynamics of this little game had suddenly changed: it wasn’t a single player game filled with NPCs but a single player game filled with other players portrayed by powerful enchantresses, sharpshooter birds, and tough-as-nails bears.

With each level up I became more confident. “I know these levels,” I told myself. I was quite mistaken when I found myself in a maze-like level that the enemy count had numbered at around 200. It was just myself and two others in Fathom Crypt’s Mega Maze Mash-up. With an orange-outlined map, we navigated through the mobs, defeated Sparky, Meathead, and even Merk the Jerk. I have to say, that completing that map with those two is, to this day, an accomplishment I am proud of.

Of course, my PL time hasn’t always been done during the light of day. I’ve spent plenty of nights lying in bed with crime shows on in the background as I joined fellow players in conquering ice fortresses, swamps, and sands. It was in the latter that I have my first memory of being in an excellent group. The goal was only to gain more experience, but the fun in running in circles to avoid Seth and laughing at getting mobbed by a mob was endless. Maybe it was the late, or early, hour but there were definitely some legitimately good laughs in the chat box. That instance was also the first time I gifted an item, which was a pink dex weapon from Lost Expedition. I can’t remember if it was any good but at the time I just knew that pinks were, well, pink and therefore a suitable gift. The recipient could have easily scoffed at the gesture but he was gracious and that small bit of etiquette reminded me that anonymity is also a gift that shouldn’t be abused to bash others.

After endless runs in Plasma Pyramid to get to the level cap of 45, the cap was raised! Not only was there more xp to gain but there was also a new area: Alien Oasis III. I died so many times and more times on top of that! I wouldn’t trade those deaths for anything because the teamwork necessary to even get passed certain yellow aliens showed that PL was capable of being more than point and shoot. There was the crazy pot-mashing but that was unavoidable!

Pocket Legends has greatly changed from that first day I was a lone enchantress waddling through a ghost town of Forest Haven (in retrospect, this is so strange!), but while the world is amazing I’ve found over and over again that the world is only the vehicle for the players to display their excellence. Thank you for all the great memories Pocket Legends!

It's under 750 but a little long! I just had a lot to say about PL

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent