Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest - 1 million gold in overall prizes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Ahem. Wheres the TY WHIRL for rushing me in pvp a few billion times and teach you how to be a pro noob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Here's my entry.

**NOTE** I do have permission from this player to post my story about him but he/she would like to remain anonymous. If you have any guesses or any idea of who the person is, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Don't post on this thread, don't talk about in game. This person will remain anonymous.

Pocket Legends could be more than you expected. To me, Pocket Legends has provided me with some of the most eye-opening experiences I will ever hear. One came as fast as a blink of an eye.
    Buddyf, new to the game of PL was walking through Towne when one character was yelling "Looking for new Guild Members!" I couldn't turn down the offer, experienced players and new friends! I asked the guild owner what the requirements are and I luckily fitted all. I talked to this guild leader a lot. We became really good friends but the guild began to fall apart. We were still the best of friends and continued to talk.
    This person and I remained in contact until about the Shadow Caves release. We both had a good amount of cash and good items but then school caught up to us. My friend's iPod was taken away for several weeks and I put the iPad down to catch up on some school.
    Luckily, we both caught up with our schoolwork and now we are about in June. After a few lucky drops I was good on cash and was able to purchase some good gear. My friend on the other hand, was not so lucky. He was like Jack and Jill. He took one spill and kept on falling down and down, but the worst is still to come. His 200k cash turns to 100k. His 100k vaporizes in 25k. He need gear and spent the rest if his money. He had a grand total of 36 gold. He wanted to quit very badly. The Doom bow I gave go him for his birthday was given back. That triggered many gifting wars. We would spam the gift button to give the other person tons of items. These wars were quickly stopped by the reject gift button but some of my friends items we stuck on my character. I luckily gave his items to him on his twink so those wars ended. He also was borrowing a Enchanted set from a friend and once he gave that back he was ready to quit. I begged and pleaded for him to stay and he stayed for a while but now asks me every other day if he can quit.
    Eventually he stopped his begging and pleading to quit and asked me to borrow some money. I gave him 30k. He wouldn't take anymore from me in fear if not being able to return. This turned out to be in my favor, he wouldn't quit without paying me back. He then told me why he was going through all this trouble. His parents were breaking up. His mom kicked his dad out of his house with no warning. Being a twelve year old kid, my friend didn't realize what was going on. He quickly went to blaming himself which I tried to change his mind. His dad is moving out and their divorce is going to become official. Then I really opened my eyes and looked into the world around me.
    I realized marriage issues are all around me, and kids are being caught in the middle. Thankfully both of my parents are happy but some of my best friend's are not. His parents went through a divorce when he was only in 2nd grade. He was so confused and became a different kid. I'm trying to prevent this with my friend from PL. I am trying my hardest to keep him in the game of pocket legends and keep his head away from the hardships outside of the game. Believe it or not, some people benefit from divorces. I wouldn't have met my best friend out of the game if it wasn't for his parent's divorce.
    This game has provided many experiences for me but this one is going to stand out. Pocket Legends may be a Fantasy MMORPG, but it could be your sweet escape. The one to take all your troubles away. This community is the best you can find. There will always be someone to talk to, you just need to look. I will be open to anyone who wants to talk, and so will most of this community. Just remember, there will always be a friend out there. A true friend. That will take you through all the good and all the bad. Pocket Legends is a big standout for me, not only in the game, but in the people.

Thank you for reading through the whole thing. It's about 745 words, xD

**NOTE** I do have permission from this person to use their story but they would like to remain anonymous.
    Last edited by Buddyf97; 08-10-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I started pocket legends on june 6, 2011. I thought the game was really epic because of the awesome graphics and all of the people around me. I started to level as fast as I could. I had found my first firend EAGLEDAVEKILLA. He was really nice to me and helped me a lot during my time. He gave me money to buy armor and other stuff . My other good friends are whitemonkey (who quit unfortunatly), seokapabas, and zkillar! These are the people the ones who stuck by my side from lvl 20-48. After that, I kind of out leveled them. Lol. It took my one month to get to level 50 without the knowledge of exilers until lvl 48..lol. Through lvl 50-55. TEGASTHEMAIN (capitalized because of how awesome she is), lilaskye, lelliana, lionnn, bardda, enigadaz, paunafy, nickyeagle, and otazary are the best people I have stumbled acrossed during my days of pl. They are very helpful to me! I CANT THANI THESE PEOPLE ENOUGH FOT MAKING MY GAME LIFE BETTER HERE. It isnt pocket legends that makes me addicted, its the awesome people who support me and have fun with me that makes it addicting. You guys are the best. Thank you! Oh and I have a special shout out to these people who helped me farm my mega mage gemstone wand and bracer in a day!

ENIGADAZ
    OTAZARY
    NICKYEAGLE

THANK YOU GUYS, COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!
    Thank me if this post was useful

| Riomage level 71 enchantress | Secret bear level 37 |

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Id rather write a college scolarship essay if I had to write a essay for a contest :/
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Ahem. Wheres the TY WHIRL for rushing me in pvp a few billion times and teach you how to be a pro noob?
    Ok then, thank you whirlz! You were an awesome teacher!!!!!! Thanks for pvping with me!!! XD

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot View Post
    Id rather write a college scolarship essay if I had to write a essay for a contest :/
    There's no minimum or entry fee, so its up to you.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

find me in game to recieve donation
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the due time to turn in the essay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I prety much gave up on this contest...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wmbcowboyy View Post
    What is the due time to turn in the essay?
    Aug 19th at 6PM EST time.
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What Makes Pocket Legends special for me?

I began my journey with an epic fail. A name that the world today publicly knows as a failure. My first step in Pocket Legends was a mistake. I named managed to be completely oblivious to the thirteen character limit as well as showing extraordinary caveat by misspelling “melee”. Thus my character began as “Rangepwnsmeel”. In the beginning, I thought the game was stupid. I did not have many friends until I met DawnInfinity. She was my first friend and helped me through my journeys. I still remember the days of us in Mega Mage Smash Up together. It was this that made me look forward to logging in continuously, day after day. Friends are what made me stay and hang onto Pocket Legends. DawnInfinity also introduced me to the forums; during which in the beginning nobody me. People like MysticalDream, Banned, TheLoneArcher, Ladylove, Nouda, and Haikus were the people who sought me out and became my first batch of true friends. Mystical was the guy who gained my respect because he saw me being harassed as I was accused of scamming. He backed me up and therefore gained my friendship and respect. Banned was one I originally met on forums. I thought, “Wow! This guy is a sexy beast! I must idolize him”. So I treated him as such, until I met him in game, where I found out he was a pretty cool guy who loves to be hilarious, even at the cost of his own stupidity. Thelonearcher managed to gain my respect by being extremely generous and donating 150k to my lottery contest. In these days, before inflation had hit, 150k was a lot. Lone also took his time to teach me PvP and had my back when rude players picked on me. When I recall the days of Ladylove and him squabbling: running around Forest Haven, PvP, and other aspects of the game; it makes me laugh thinking about them. They will always be remembered and have a special place in my heart. Nouda was the farmer I would stare at in awe. In his days, he had managed to farm the entire plasma sword collection. I would often drool with jealousy whenever I saw him sporting his collection in Forest Haven. I never got a good pink until July-August when the shock lances were implemented in the game, so people like these would often make me aspire and want to become like them. Haikus, I met him in Forest Haven, where I merchanted to generate my wealth, as usual. Little did I know Haikus was a merchant as well, so I tried to rip him off and sell him a Sniper’s Alien Blaster for 500k; it was something I had originally bought for 200k. Haikus quickly realized this and called me out on it. He said something along the lines of “Dude, you got spunk. I like your greedy and money making ways, so I’m going to add you and basically going to force you to hit that accept button”. Now, while he does not play as much as he used to, is the life of the party. People know things are going to get entertaining when he joins. Friends and the friendly developers are what made Pocket Legends special to me. Never before had I seen a developer with such a good taste of humor. When I saw Justg’s humorous posts. I would think, “Damn, Justg has swag”. The friends created memories which I have grown rather fond of. They often make me reminisce about the past and all the memories of the all-nighters we pulled farming for the new gear, goofing off, and annoying others (DawnInfinity specifically). Some have left or have been banned, but the thing about Pocket Legends is that the community here is so great that there you can always make new ones. The ones that no longer play, wether it be due to force or personal choice, will always hold a special place in my heart for providing me with so many exciting and enjoyable moments. Those that are still here make every one of my days I decide to log on all the more enjoyable. They are the reason why I have stayed for so long. While the game had lost it’s content and fun for me a long time ago, the community and the friends that I have made here have convinced me to stay. Even when I am on the brink of quitting, they reel me back in and make me remember why I enjoy Pocket Legends and why it so special to me.

Shoutout to Steph: I'm so glad you didn't ignore me back in A02. I might have been gone a long time ago if it were not for you and a few others.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

<3 parth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Aw parth squabbles xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noo! Why did parth enter! Now we all lost! Lol no but very good story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Everyone has a fair shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I like your story parth just kiding its lame sigh i havent even read it lmao jk
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default my story.

Welp... i downloaded pocket legends kinda got into. Deleted the app. Then few months later i reinstalled it. And worked on my accnt some more. Now i have a lvl 55 mage that im happy with. Meet some cool friend some weridos even and i even met a guy who thought he was being watched bc he scamed someone. Now im no rat but i do report user names every now and then. Heck i even meet some of the most lucky and richest ppl but yet im still earning everything i got the hard way, nothing has ever been given to me. So long story short. I play almost every day earn ever cent i have now and dont play on the weekend when i have my 3 month old son and my girlfriend (im 19 if u guys really wana know.) So yeah rough patch right now but pocket legends is my second life pretty much. Peace out hope u enjoyed my story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default ode to pocket legends

Pocket legends, to me, is not only a game, but a lifestyle as well. Many times I found myself wanting more, even after 8 hour leveling sessions. To quote pocket legends true inner beauty in under 750 words is near impossible, and I can only hope to wrap up the main points. The sleepless nights and days filled with waiting for that new campaign add an aura of excitement, and pocket legends has brought a new breath of life into iOS and android mobile gaming. In the timeless equation x=?, my answer would be pocket legends. Alterra forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Keep the stories coming guys. They are awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I came into this world, the world of pocket legends, not knowing to do, but ofcoarse i was a noob. Not to long ago i began to play, my friends asked is there a better game?. I said NO WAY!. Its a game worthwhile not anything less this game totaly changed my life style. I used to play a couple times a week, but leveling takes time to climb but i will reach the highest peek. I love this game, it brings a smile to my face, best game ever it cant be replaced. As time goes by i continue to mature, but somthing that will not change is my love for the game thats gona stay pure. I continue to play and helped by my in game friends, we all have a blast!. Hopping we dont have to go back to the broing past. I love this game and always will, i continue to play as i always chill. Truth must be told, its a heart warming game, not anything lumpy and cold. You can download any other game that does not compare to fun you'll have in this game its just like a fair! All i can say is this is a MUST play game #1 in the market/app store and #1 in fun. This is the best!. It cant be less!. Take your time in the game and you'll be a successs!

My rhyming essay
    IGN: babybugszxx,xsipox,onyxbird,jijibugszjiji
    Thnx for reading

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr