Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Kill All Baddies Operative Build (K.A.B.O.B.)!

  1. #1
    Forum Adept kamikazees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Kill All Baddies Operative Build (K.A.B.O.B.)!

    Want to skewer your enemies? Then try my KABOB build! This is an Operative build meant to get you to lvl 30 (or 31) as painfully (for your enemies) as possible. It focuses on the simplistic violence of Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack. These make a deadly combo.

    You can do this build using no respecs if you disable auto-leveling. Otherwise, respec at level 8 or after. I'll set forth the build first, then how to level it, how to use it and a suggested skill map. Your comments appreciated:

    A. THE BUILD

    6 - Mind Wrack
    0 - Flames of Insanity
    1 - Lurch
    0 - Inner Focus
    6 - Amplify Pain
    0 - Psychic Lash
    0 - Blur
    4 - Neural Shock
    6 - Sympathetic Anguish
    0 - Psychic Binding
    6 - Precision

    Note: Optional to drop Neural Shock to 3 and put 1 point into Flames of Insanity for the potential stun on some mobs, notably Guardian. Not necessary. Also can put 1 point into Psychic Lash for more more mob control (root). Again, not necessary.

    B. HOW TO LEVEL IT

    2. Mind Wrack (1)
    3. Mind Wrack (2)
    4. Lurch (1)
    5. Mind Wrack (3)
    6. Mind Wrack (4)
    7. Mind Wrack (5)
    8. Amplify Pain (1)
    9. Amplify Pain (2)
    10. Amplify Pain (3)
    11. Amplify Pain (4)
    12. Amplify Pain (5)
    13. Amplify Pain (6)
    14. Mind Wrack (6)
    15. Save Point (1)
    16. Neural Shock (1), (2)
    17. Neural Shock (3)
    18. Neural Shock (4)
    19. Save Point (1)
    20. Sympathetic Anguish (1), (2)
    21. Sympathetic Anguish (3)
    22. Sympathetic Anguish (4)
    23. Sympathetic Anguish (5)
    24. Sympathetic Anguish (6)
    25. Save Point (1)
    26. Save Point (2)
    27. Save Point (3)
    28. Precision (1) (2) (3) (4)
    29. Precision (5)
    30. Precision (6)
    (31). Neural Shock (5)

    C. HOW TO USE IT

    This build is simple and very effective. Its power comes Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack, two fast-recharging skills that work very well with each other. Why these two skills? Amplify Pain costs 10 energy and debuffs enemy armor, increases critical % and also increases damage (hidden buff) for 5 seconds. It recharges in 8 seconds, meaning you can keep it up 62.5% of the time. Mind Wrack costs 10 energy, does high single-target damage, does bonus damage on a critical hit and recharges in 6 seconds. Cheap + Effective + Complimentary = Win.

    Combining these effects is easy. Just activate Amplify Pain, then Mind Wrack. At later levels, use Neural Shock and/or Sympathetic Anguish. Level 28 brings Precision, which can be used on tough fights right before Amplify Pain. Lurch is used for the push/knockdown and additional damage to keep enemies off the Operative. Rinse and Repeat. Stuff dies fast. Works on regular mobs, mini bosses and bosses.

    But why no love for Flames of Insanity, Psychic Lash or Blur, you ask? Well, I think these skills have a poor cost/benefit ratio. Flames might stun your enemy for 3 seconds, but it is a DOT. Psychic Lash at least roots, but it is also a DOT. Operatives are supposed to kill, not wait out DOTs. Finally, Blur. 15 energy, 6 seconds of dodge, 30 second recharge. At level 3 (20%), you'll dodge 1 attack in 5 for 6 seconds, then have nothing for 24 seconds. I'd rather put those points in a damage skill, and use that skill multiple times in that 24 seconds.

    D. SUGGESTED SKILL MAP

    1. Amplify Pain
    2. Mind Wrack
    3. Sympathetic Anguish
    4. Neuro Shock

    5. Amplify Pain
    6. Mind Wrack
    7. Precision
    8. Lurch

    1, then 2, 3 and/or 4 are the main attacks (depending on what you need). 5 and 6 make sure you are always able to cycle Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack (you can put Flames of Insanity in slot 6 if you want to use it. I don't). 7 is your added crit buff. 8 keeps enemies off of you.

    So what do you think? Stroke of genius or just mad scientist?
    Last edited by kamikazees; 09-25-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Updated for level 30

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamikazees For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Blogger SUPAPRODIGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    RADIATION ZONES
    Posts
    1,746
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Can someone post pictures of the characters of StarLegends like what all the possible combination are of combos of such sort.
    Last edited by SUPAPRODIGY; 09-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.

    SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

  4. #3
    Forum Adept kamikazees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    EDIT: Updated for lvls 25 and 26. Thanks for looking.

  5. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Great build, using it on my new operative
    Star Legends: Osehal- Level 20 Engineer
    Pocket Legends: MagicMortal- Level 38 Enchantress

  6. #5
    Member Teddyache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Love this build so far. I'm working on leveling my op alt now and ended today at level 15 with close to your suggested build and a similar map. I put an early 2nd point in inner focus though so I might respec later. I guess I'll learn neural shock at 16.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Redbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cully
    Posts
    1,793
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 103 Times in 62 Posts

    Default

    I'll try this on my Op, now my Eng is 25... Many Thanks (Also added to SL Stuff list)

    You should rename it Kill All Baddies Operative Mega Build (K.A.B.O.M.B) LOL
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

  8. #7
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 158 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    2 or 3 ops that use Flames at the right time intervals causes Guardian to be stunned for a good portion of the fight. If Flames continues to stun bosses for 3 seconds then I would advice to place it in your skill map.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    2 or 3 ops that use Flames at the right time intervals causes Guardian to be stunned for a good portion of the fight. If Flames continues to stun bosses for 3 seconds then I would advice to place it in your skill map.
    Physiologic, does even 1 point in FoI stun Guardian successfully? How about only 1 point in Pain (for engies)? I've been trying to figure this out for a while (whether 6 points gives more stun chance vs bosses) but can't make concrete headway on that.
    SL: Katsumi/Katsumii/Katsumiii | Knights of Cydonia
    PL: Ohanadesu | Knights of Cydonia

  10. #9
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 158 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Yes, 1 point of flames does stun Guardian at around a 20% success rate. Ill see if there's any differences in success rates today

  11. #10
    Forum Adept kamikazees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    I don't know the success rate, but Flames does stun Guardian. It is great for him and useless every other point in the game. I've kept 1 point into it because my Op only runs Guardian right now. With the next cap increase I'll see what it does to what bosses and re-evaluate at that point.

  12. #11
    Junior Member Wolffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I have used flames to get me out of a jam at times. Not always the best, but it can help. Mind Wrack and Amplify pain are very useful! For solo runs or running without an Engineer, Inner Focus is critical to reduce the need for STIMS, this saves your "gold" or "plat".
    Remember to quest always!

  13. #12
    Member Evl1312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I don't have this build but i'll respec and try it out Grrrr there goes 2 plat :P


    SL: Darkenforcer (Level 30 Operator)
    AL: Mrxxevl (Level 9 Warrior)
    BD: Evl1312

  14. #13
    Senior Member Moogerfooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 134 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    At lvl 30, I have:
    Mind Wrack - 6
    Lurch - 1
    Inner Focus - 6
    Amplify Pain - 6
    Sympathetic Anguish - 4
    Precision - 6

    Was kinda bummed to drop Neural Shock for Precision, but may figure try to out how to put a couple back into it.

    With Chromaweave gear, the plat rifle and the Crit implant, I have 19 crit unbuffed, and 79 buffed with Precision. Mows down baddies. However, a drawback is that you become an aggro machine
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

  15. #14
    Member Evl1312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    At lvl 30, I have:
    Mind Wrack - 6
    Lurch - 1
    Inner Focus - 6
    Amplify Pain - 6
    Sympathetic Anguish - 4
    Precision - 6

    Was kinda bummed to drop Neural Shock for Precision, but may figure try to out how to put a couple back into it.

    With Chromaweave gear, the plat rifle and the Crit implant, I have 19 crit unbuffed, and 79 buffed with Precision. Mows down baddies. However, a drawback is that you become an aggro machine
    That's good haha. I wish I could level faster though, no one does Numa Prime a lot though.


    SL: Darkenforcer (Level 30 Operator)
    AL: Mrxxevl (Level 9 Warrior)
    BD: Evl1312

  16. #15
    Forum Adept kamikazees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Updated for Sloucho campaign. Thanks!

  17. #16
    Junior Member Askterbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Nice builds (both kamikazees and moogerfooger's).

    I'll be going with a combination of the two for my new Op, specifically: putting points into Inner Focus (but not maxed like moogerfooger), on the basis that even though healing is the Engs' job, I've been on enough runs to know that they don't always take care of their buddies.
    ;-)

  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    so with the new cap increase, where are you putting your extra points?

  19. #18
    Junior Member Addictux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Hello

    Nice build up im going to use this on my third alter of course operative but does this really work??.


    Addictux (Lever 40 Commando), Vandeldesca (Level 24 Engineer), Shamah (Level 5 Operative)
    Last edited by Addictux; 04-24-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Lol nothing

  20. #19
    Junior Member Addictux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Operative

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    Want to skewer your enemies? Then try my KABOB build! This is an Operative build meant to get you to lvl 30 (or 31) as painfully (for your enemies) as possible. It focuses on the simplistic violence of Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack. These make a deadly combo.

    You can do this build using no respecs if you disable auto-leveling. Otherwise, respec at level 8 or after. I'll set forth the build first, then how to level it, how to use it and a suggested skill map. Your comments appreciated:

    A. THE BUILD

    6 - Mind Wrack
    0 - Flames of Insanity
    1 - Lurch
    0 - Inner Focus
    6 - Amplify Pain
    0 - Psychic Lash
    0 - Blur
    4 - Neural Shock
    6 - Sympathetic Anguish
    0 - Psychic Binding
    6 - Precision

    Note: Optional to drop Neural Shock to 3 and put 1 point into Flames of Insanity for the potential stun on some mobs, notably Guardian. Not necessary. Also can put 1 point into Psychic Lash for more more mob control (root). Again, not necessary.

    B. HOW TO LEVEL IT

    2. Mind Wrack (1)
    3. Mind Wrack (2)
    4. Lurch (1)
    5. Mind Wrack (3)
    6. Mind Wrack (4)
    7. Mind Wrack (5)
    8. Amplify Pain (1)
    9. Amplify Pain (2)
    10. Amplify Pain (3)
    11. Amplify Pain (4)
    12. Amplify Pain (5)
    13. Amplify Pain (6)
    14. Mind Wrack (6)
    15. Save Point (1)
    16. Neural Shock (1), (2)
    17. Neural Shock (3)
    18. Neural Shock (4)
    19. Save Point (1)
    20. Sympathetic Anguish (1), (2)
    21. Sympathetic Anguish (3)
    22. Sympathetic Anguish (4)
    23. Sympathetic Anguish (5)
    24. Sympathetic Anguish (6)
    25. Save Point (1)
    26. Save Point (2)
    27. Save Point (3)
    28. Precision (1) (2) (3) (4)
    29. Precision (5)
    30. Precision (6)
    (31). Neural Shock (5)

    C. HOW TO USE IT

    This build is simple and very effective. Its power comes Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack, two fast-recharging skills that work very well with each other. Why these two skills? Amplify Pain costs 10 energy and debuffs enemy armor, increases critical % and also increases damage (hidden buff) for 5 seconds. It recharges in 8 seconds, meaning you can keep it up 62.5% of the time. Mind Wrack costs 10 energy, does high single-target damage, does bonus damage on a critical hit and recharges in 6 seconds. Cheap + Effective + Complimentary = Win.

    Combining these effects is easy. Just activate Amplify Pain, then Mind Wrack. At later levels, use Neural Shock and/or Sympathetic Anguish. Level 28 brings Precision, which can be used on tough fights right before Amplify Pain. Lurch is used for the push/knockdown and additional damage to keep enemies off the Operative. Rinse and Repeat. Stuff dies fast. Works on regular mobs, mini bosses and bosses.

    But why no love for Flames of Insanity, Psychic Lash or Blur, you ask? Well, I think these skills have a poor cost/benefit ratio. Flames might stun your enemy for 3 seconds, but it is a DOT. Psychic Lash at least roots, but it is also a DOT. Operatives are supposed to kill, not wait out DOTs. Finally, Blur. 15 energy, 6 seconds of dodge, 30 second recharge. At level 3 (20%), you'll dodge 1 attack in 5 for 6 seconds, then have nothing for 24 seconds. I'd rather put those points in a damage skill, and use that skill multiple times in that 24 seconds.

    D. SUGGESTED SKILL MAP

    1. Amplify Pain
    2. Mind Wrack
    3. Sympathetic Anguish
    4. Neuro Shock

    5. Amplify Pain
    6. Mind Wrack
    7. Precision
    8. Lurch

    1, then 2, 3 and/or 4 are the main attacks (depending on what you need). 5 and 6 make sure you are always able to cycle Amplify Pain and Mind Wrack (you can put Flames of Insanity in slot 6 if you want to use it. I don't). 7 is your added crit buff. 8 keeps enemies off of you.

    So what do you think? Stroke of genius or just mad scientist?







    Judging by this is just for lvl 1 to 30 how about 31 to 41 got something good?? Or got something good to put the other points??.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •