Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I don't plan to play SL extensively, and although we're all super grateful for the 30 plat, I can understand that lots of people will be really mad at the lack of universal plat. Luckily, I plan to spend most of my 6-700 plat in PL come the new level cap.

I understand the huge problems which arrise when making a game, so all I'll say is I sure hope the problem has something to do with Apple or other technical issues as opposed to a financial decision.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh this sucks I purchased 800 plat when the announcement that plat would be interchangeable from both games nowi have about 600plat just sitting there.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:376833
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    The devs had to make plat non transferable otherwise apple wouldnt approve Star Legends...
    Does that mean we have to wait another month...?
    Nope it means that SL should be out very soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Oh this sucks I purchased 800 plat when the announcement that plat would be interchangeable from both games nowi have about 600plat just sitting there.
    Well, Nuri's Hollow will be out soon, so it's not a complete bust.

See? I got the juicer out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This is rather upsetting news to hear that Plat is game specific. I only have an apple device and the devs told us that plat would be used between accounts. For players like myself that bought Plat before the beta release with intention of useing some towards blackstar I now feel forced to spend more to fully enjoy B* premium content. I even bought a name reserve in Pocket Legends for B* and I have yet to make an account.

I do understand from a marketing standpoint that keeping separate from each game makes players buy more plat.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    I do understand from a marketing standpoint that keeping separate from each game makes players buy more plat.
    This is absolutely not a marketing decision. We would very much have liked to have universal currency in our games.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is absolutely not a marketing decision. We would very much have liked to have universal currency in our games.
    I do not mean any disrespect at all in thinking this was a marketing decision. I know the STS team does its best to keep players content with there purchases. But without a reason for the separate plat between games thats the only conclusion that i can jump too.

Example : I have 150 plat or so on my PL account. I intended to use half of it on B*. Now I have to buy another 75 plat to get the premium content. So instead of just using my 150 i actually would be buying 225. (Just an example)

Thats my way of thinking.
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

We did the best we could. Please guys, keep the flames down. Rage-fests (and their propagators) will be removed.

If you really feel the need to, email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    Thanks for trying. I know you did your best. Apple is very strict with their app policies. I love their gadgets but they frustrate me sometimes with their rules. What sets STS apart from other devs is they try to work out things that are in the best interest of the community. Had you been Zynga you wouldn't have given it much thought and just said forget the the players lets do whats best for the company. MAKE A NOTE DEVS IF ZYNGA COMES KNOCKING PUNCH EM WHERE IT COUNTS!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew:376890
    I do not mean any disrespect at all in thinking this was a marketing decision. I know the STS team does its best to keep players content with there purchases. But without a reason for the separate plat between games thats the only conclusion that i can jump too.

Example : I have 150 plat or so on my PL account. I intended to use half of it on B*. Now I have to buy another 75 plat to get the premium content. So instead of just using my 150 i actually would be buying 225. (Just an example)

Thats my way of thinking.
    STS did it because apple wouldnt approve Star Legends unless they took away Universal Currency...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me start off by saying IF this was a concession to apple for SL approval I understand....

IF NOT... add me to the list of those who purchased a significant amount of plat and is not happy with this change...

I do appreciate STSs efforts to make amends for the change but still looking for a good answer to the why question? I hope in time it will come out or STS will once again give us what we ask for and reverse this course...
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanced View Post
    Let me start off by saying IF this was a concession to apple for SL approval I understand....

IF NOT... add me to the list of those who purchased a significant amount of plat and is not happy with this change...

I do appreciate STSs efforts to make amends for the change but still looking for a good answer to the why question? I hope in time it will come out or STS will once again give us what we ask for and reverse this course...
    First of all, you have posted this exact post in more than one threads. Please use discretion when double posting.

Second, the answer as to WHY this is happeming has been explained numerous times in numerous threads. For whatever reason, APPLE will not allow STS to implement the universal option. Therefore, if we all want SL to be released, we have to live with this decision. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
    ....or choke a Unicorn with all the lemons while listening to Wildest Dreams by Moody Blues.

Either option is viable and beneficial as we all know Unicorns are greenhouse gas producers, what with their main means of propulsion being flatulance....but I digress...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First of all, you have posted this exact post in more than one threads. Please use discretion when double posting.
    So did Sam...

Unique situation where it effects both games and my post is imho equally relevant to both games... maybe dev team should add an Global Community tab to forum for issues such as this...
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

STS did it because apple wouldnt approve Star Legends unless they took away Universal Currency...

Alright, I missed this being posted. Sorry for my previous statements.
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default added info

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
    Personally, I prefer to chuck 'em at people until I start to feel better.

Looking at some of Apple's Developer guidelines, I think (reiterate: *THINK*) this might be the sticking point - "You must deliver a digital good or service within your application." (underlining added) Since PL and SL are two separate apps, that would be a problem. And before anybody might leap upon the Devs with loud cries of, "You shoulda....!", guidelines change. They do so without prior notice. A good example is how the guidelines were previously even stricter than they now are and a whole lot of apps got turned away. Once they were relaxed a tad, those developers were asked to resubmit. So, you design an app in, say, January of last year using one set of guidelines and don't get it done until now, you may be submitting under a different set of guidelines than you designed for.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apple has to ruin everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deafmaster View Post
    It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently....

they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

Anyone else feel like this?
    This is absolutely correct. Spacetime is a great company that makes even greater games, but the rule everywhere is that someone who relies on a promise should be made whole. For some, 30 plat goes far enough, or even further. I am still out about 20 plat even with the bonus, but there are people who are out much, much more ($90.00 = 2000 plat).

Saying " be thankful" or "don't play the game" does not address the issue. We are all thankful for Spacetime's gesture, I hope. They obviously gave it some thought. But if you buy a Big Mac from McDonalds and are given KFC, don't you kindly bring it to their attention and ask for the Big Mac?

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey guys, we obviously wanted universal platinum and tried very hard to make it work. Unfortunately it was not to be. If you still feel the need to talk about it please email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Not to be mean or anything is it like with gcd ohh you tried 1-50 without it ohh it didnt work so you made it when getting to 55 well you tried universal plat didnt work so now its all individual end of story....

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg:378030
    Hey guys, we obviously wanted universal platinum and tried very hard to make it work. Unfortunately it was not to be. If you still feel the need to talk about it please email us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    Yeah, thanks for doing the best you could There will always be haters lol...Anyways you guys get an E for effort on my chart xD