Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abaleuibub View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong,
    but wasn't there a special info a few weeks ago, saying that the purchased plat will be usable on all sts-games?

or was that in a fever dream?

in case i'm healthy, why the change?
    We have said that in the past, however that has changed. That's the nature of MMO games in general and more specifically Beta Tests - things change. We know change is scary, but we can get through it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

It is apparently a rule. Looking around, there seems to be NO existing game company that shares in-game currency between games.

Our devs tried to do something magnificent for us, but it's apparently "not done". They had to change.

If you think you're disappointed, imagine how the devs feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    It is apparently a rule. Looking around, there seems to be NO existing game company that shares in-game currency between games.

Our devs tried to do something magnificent for us, but it's apparently "not done". They had to change.

^^^this these guys work hard. If you want to see the difference between am active dev and a dev that just wants your cash email support at sts and ea... Sts one to two day turnaround EA I'm at 6 months 21 days and 17 emails later and no response outside of the automated email
    Just my 2 plat

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    ^^^this these guys work hard. If you want to see the difference between am active dev and a dev that just wants your cash email support at sts and ea... Sts one to two day turnaround EA I'm at 6 months 21 days and 17 emails later and no response outside of the automated email
    LMAO!! I want to know when you get an answer!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I get it . . . swiming with the stream.

But just because no one else is doing it, doesn't make it a bad or unprofitable idea. Give it a thought.
    Beijing -- Islamabad -- Baghdad -- Tripoli -- Austin?
    Censorship is the younger of two shameful sisters, the older one is called the Inquisition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    LMAO!! I want to know when you get an answer!
    Just sent email 18 just for the lols
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abaleuibub View Post
    I get it . . . swiming with the stream.

But just because no one else is doing it, doesn't make it a bad or unprofitable idea. Give it a thought.
    Agreed, I think it's super cool that the devs tried to do it, even though it's "not done".

But if you think about the huge game companies doing it, you might start to see why that might not be such a good thing for the small game companies. A big one like EA would have a lot of power over their distribution channels if their players were all combined in a shared in-game currency system. With that much power they could start to demand exclusive rights. The distributors are just not going to allow that. Also, the huge game companies would have an instant player base for every single game they make, and players would be inclined to stay with one game company because of the interchangeable currency. So, really, this rule protects the little guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hey! You could make a contest out of this! "Guess the day I'll actually receive an answer from EA". At least with our Devs, it's more like "Guess the minute after I submit a question that I get an answer".
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Hey! You could make a contest out of this! "Guess the day I'll actually receive an answer from EA". At least with our Devs, it's more like "Guess the minute after I submit a question that I get an answer".
    The under/over is currently at never I'm just hard headed
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agreed, I think it's super cool that the devs tried to do it, even though it's "not done".

But if you think about the huge game companies doing it, you might start to see why that might not be such a good thing for the small game companies. A big one like EA would have a lot of power over their distribution channels if their players were all combined in a shared in-game currency system. With that much power they could start to demand exclusive rights. The distributors are just not going to allow that. Also, the huge game companies would have an instant player base for every single game they make, and players would be inclined to stay with one game company because of the interchangeable currency. So, really, this rule protects the little guys.
    Allow me to disagree.

Was it a bad decision for the US to start the dollar in 1785 and abadon the continental currencies or the europeans having the euro in 1999?
    Beijing -- Islamabad -- Baghdad -- Tripoli -- Austin?
    Censorship is the younger of two shameful sisters, the older one is called the Inquisition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default my 2 cents....in all fairness

Here are my two pennies....I completely understand that the devs HAD to make this change for whatever reason, whether it be apple, or this or that. The thing is, that after the universal currency was announced, and SL was submitted, myself along with who knows how many went to buy plat "IN PREPARATION FOR SL". Now, this is where i have a problem. I only purchased the plat because it was supposed to be good for SL, and i wanted to be ready for the release which is maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, (stopped counting days lol).

Furthermore I didn't purchase the plat "in game", but on the PL website, because plat isn't available on the SL website so I HAD NO CHOICE. If it was possible to purchase on SL website i would have, or if I was warned this would happen i would have waited. It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently. I'm not rich, and 90$ is hard earned for me, so when i spend it i spend it carefully. Being told one thing to entice or encourage me to purchase, then being told the opposite really grinds my gears.

Again, I know this change wasn't done spitefully, or deceivingly, but you have to admit from our point of view(the consumer), it is extremely frustrating. I know this is a heck of a long shot but if the devs team TRUELY wants to be fair to everyone, they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

Anyone else feel like this?
    Last edited by deafmaster; 08-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It seems that we are going to have to choose one game over the other now.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We have said that in the past, however that has changed. That's the nature of MMO games in general and more specifically Beta Tests - things change. We know change is scary, but we can get through it!
    Thanks for the update. I would like to make the following request:

Please allow a one time transfer of plat from PL to SL. (Just one direction)

I ask this because some of us bought plat in PL and bought more then we anticipated using (in PL) so we'd have it available for use in SL and we could take advantage of the better deal of buying it in bulk. We also did this because initially you announced it would be transferable. Make the transfer only available to accounts created before you released SL beta.

Alternatively, you could refuld PL purchases so we could use the cash to buy plat in SL, but I don't think that's a productive idea.

Thanks for your consideration,

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deafmaster View Post
    Here are my two pennies....I completely understand that the devs HAD to make this change for whatever reason, whether it be apple, or this or that. The thing is, that after the universal currency was announced, and SL was submitted, myself along with who knows how many went to buy plat "IN PREPARATION FOR SL". Now, this is where i have a problem. I only purchased the plat because it was supposed to be good for SL, and i wanted to be ready for the release which is maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, (stopped counting days lol).

Furthermore I didn't purchase the plat "in game", but on the PL website, because plat isn't available on the SL website so I HAD NO CHOICE. If it was possible to purchase on SL website i would have, or if I was warned this would happen i would have waited. It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently. I'm not rich, and 90$ is hard earned for me, so when i spend it i spend it carefully. Being told one thing to entice or encourage me to purchase, then being told the opposite really grinds my gears.

Again, I know this change wasn't done spitefully, or deceivingly, but you have to admit from our point of view(the consumer), it is extremely frustrating. I know this is a heck of a long shot but if the devs team TRUELY wants to be fair to everyone, they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

Anyone else feel like this?
    I know how you feel. I had 200 plat remaining and I started not using it, expecting the game to come out end of Q2. Then the beta people got the game and I kept saving and hoping. Then it was release to all Android users, and I kept saving. Then I gave up, figuring it will never come to iOS and started spending the plat.

I had a gift card to iTunes and almost used it for plat, but now I am glad I didn't.

But if I had, I would send a PM to support and tell them that plat was intended for SL and I use iOS so I had to buy it through PL. These guys are so cool, I know they would at least reply, even if they can't change it.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 08-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Deafmaster is right

I Planned to use most of the plat in SL. After this update, I only have the 30 free plat for SL, and so much plat for PL that I don't know what to do with.
    Devs, mabye you guys could reset things the way they were and FROM NOW ON plat could be game specific. I realize you have your reasons for doing this, but its just an idea.
    Other forum members, what do you think? Do you agree with Deafmaster? Do you like my idea? Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azurkray View Post
    I Planned to use most of the plat in SL. After this update, I only have the 30 free plat for SL, and so much plat for PL that I don't know what to do with.
    My opinion is they could have decided to not do anything. Be happy they decided to reward everyone because of APPLE's issues.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Be glad with what ya got, son!
    Also, I actually do know a few games with univers cash money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^^what whirlz said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I had a gift card to iTunes and almost used it for plat, but now I am glad I didn't.
    Lols same! i wish I had lol bought the plat tho. All i wanted was 30 plat to buy an upgrade....then i woulda gotten 30 for PL and 30 for Sl which would go for the upgrade...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help

Hello Sam, my acct had a problem with the free plat. I had no issue getting the free 30 plat (thank you so much!), but the plat I had prior to the update wiped out my previous amt of plat I had on hand.
    Anyone else experience this?

Please, advise..