Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would like to calmly add my voice and say that yes, I purchased 800 plat ($50) after being told that it would be good for both games.
    I *did* notice today that all the plat we've spent in the beta has been returned to the PL account.

No, I do *not* think it was a bait and switch, I'm sure the devs are very disappointed at this turn of events.

My suggestions at possible compromises:
    1) allow a one-time transfer of plat from PL to SL either now or after release
    2) split the plat purchased after whatever that cutoff date was evenly between the two games
    2a) this would probably have to be an option, in case people purchased for PL...maybe three options a)all to PL b) all to SL c) even split?
    3) something, anything, I realize that the devs probably found out about this like yesterday, and I trust they will find a solution, but it is already clear that many of their hardcore *paying* fanbase spent good money based on information given to them by Spacetime.

Imagine buying a gift card for K-Mart, and then when trying to redeem you are told it is only good for ladies intimate apparel.
    While that might be fine with the ladies (and probably a few of the guys), I'm guessing most would not be pleased with the switch.

I had something like 350 plat yesterday, now have 30 on SL and 600+ on PL.
    I appreciate, but have no need, for that amount of plat on PL.
    I would happily give up the 30 free, plus the 250+ refund if you could just make each account have 175.

Once again, I trust that the devs will find a way to make this right.
    It seems they made an effort, by refunding plat used on SL back into PL.
    A very reasonable thought, perhaps not realizing how many purchased with the specific intent of using that in SL.

Please try to remain calm and give them a chance to make this right.
    And keep in mind that it has been, as I write this, ONLY FOUR HOURS since Sam posted this...

I only hope (and pray like no atheist has ever prayed before) that this does not signal another change, namely that a full beta reset will be demanded...
    Last edited by SssoulSsshine; 08-09-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Now that I think of it, i payed $50 for 800 and so did so many people. If the devs admitted it then they must have been true to it. No reason to "lie?" (lie may not be right but I'm just using it) and say let's make it game specific right before the release.

Hopefully they will work something out. I got emails and some threads explain it all.

Btw, do those "Zynga" games use game wide currency? If so then their must be a way to make STS plat account wide
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Wow!! I just read all the threads and quickly logged into PL to notice my refund. Here's my two cents:

As mentioned many times over the last 24 hours, this will be a pain. HOWEVER, upon noticing the plat refund as well as the gift in SL, noone will ever hear me complain about STS. If anything, this will lead me to spend MORE on PL/SL. Listen, the STS team have a business to run (and one they run very well.) They have families to feed and bills to pay so for them to stick their necks out fir us and repay the beta players for the plat we used (trust me, I spent ALOT!) shows their dedication and commitment to their customers. I am positive they have already been working on a way to fix this issue and will do all they can to keep us all happy.

My hat's off to STS. Thank you for your time and undying devotion to your craft!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Disappointed too...

As a paying customer, I am also disappointed by this change in the game. I can only think that before this change, this would help promote both PL and SL at once. I would have not gotten into SL if not for bringing my plats over from PL (which I also don't play anymore). Can't we make an Android specific rule for Platinum usage to appease the Apple gods if Platinum can only be game specific. I would also favor having a one-time transfer (even if it has a 1-2% penalty) rather than waste the money on a game that some will not be playing (besides, SL is way more fun).

Love the games and keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frenzytom View Post
    As a paying customer, I am also disappointed by this change in the game. I can only think that before this change, this would help promote both PL and SL at once. I would have not gotten into SL if not for bringing my plats over from PL (which I also don't play anymore). Can't we make an Android specific rule for Platinum usage to appease the Apple gods if Platinum can only be game specific. I would also favor having a one-time transfer (even if it has a 1-2% penalty) rather than waste the money on a game that some will not be playing (besides, SL is way more fun).

Love the games and keep up the good work.

I hope you dont mean by "Android specicfic rule for platinum usgae" that only android would have game specific plat. That would be absolutely terrible. A one time transfer would be really good but not for beta players who purchased plat on SL. non beta players dont have an opportunity to purchase plat for SL before it comes out.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

For SOME of us (iOS users who have not purchased plat since March 31), there is huge disappointment. Firstly, we have not been able to play SL. Secondly, when we do get SL, we will start with zero plat. Everyone else will have level capped characters, and they will have big stashes and other premium features. You know, it's not looking very inviting.

Meanwhile, Nuri's Hollow is coming. Plenty of reason to enjoy my plat in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    For SOME of us (iOS users who have not purchased plat since March 31), there is huge disappointment. Firstly, we have not been able to play SL. Secondly, when we do get SL, we will start with zero plat. Everyone else will have level capped characters, and they will have big stashes and other premium features. You know, it's not looking very inviting.

Meanwhile, Nuri's Hollow is coming. Plenty of reason to enjoy my plat in that.
    Yes....yes and yes...I wanna upgrade my character so im in a bad position..
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a problem with the whole idea of universal platinum. The main question is that if you can transfer everyone's platinum to PL, then why not give the option to have that platinum transferred to SL. Especially when that platinum was purchased with the intent to be used in SL. The majority of the people I know in SL have made the decision to stick with SL and maybe log onto PL every once in a while. So they didn't have their platinum transferred, they basically had it taken away.
    Judgementime - 21 operative
    Judgementimee - 1 engineer
    Judgementday- 3 commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It seems to depend on how much plat you had and how much you spent on each game prior to this change. This past month, I charged 2k plat with the intent to share on BOTH GAMES but mostly SL going forward, unloaded a bunch on PL and then SL, and after this change I have about 16xx on PL and 18xx on SL. Anything else would have been a travesty, and I'm glad STS didn't just dump all my remaining plat into PL which I will be playing a lot less. It seems like if you spent enough plat on SL, then they did a one time duplication then took out purchases from each amount per game. So while my PL plat remains largely unchanged, my SL plat went up because they refunded to SL anything spent on PL. Doing anything else would have been completely unfair because I was planning to spend very little on PL from now on.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-09-2011 at 06:07 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

hmm...This is rather dissapointing to know previously purchased plat isn't going to be available in SL... But, Sam, is the 30 plat gonna be available to apple users when Sl is released?
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a big problem with the transfer of all plat to PL with no notice and no opportunity to allocate. I and many other bought platinum from STS in reliance on their statement that it would be freely transferrable.

I strongly agree with others that there should be a one-time opportunity through the forums/website to allocate existing platinum between games. There should be notice and a deadline so it does not interfere with the release of the full version of SL. Otherwise I will be seeking a refund of plat purchased on PL. This is with the full intention of rebuying in SL, but I and others should get what we paid for after clear representations from STS - namely freely transferable plat.

The games are great. The devs support of the community is great. Please find a solution to this problem.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me start off by saying IF this was a concession to apple for approval I understand....

IF NOT... add me to the list of those who purchased a significant amount of plat and is not happy with this change...

I do appreciate STSs efforts to make amends for the change but still looking for a good answer to the why question? I hope in time it will come out or STS will once again give us what we ask for and reverse this course...
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am so disappointed by this change, this is clearly a lose lose situation,
    as people will not purchase platinum as they would if the plats r shared between games,
    because, if its shared, your money won't go wasted if spacetime studio launch new games,
    then people can purchase plats freely without worry oneday all this money may be wasted,
    now I will have to think twice before I make any platinum purchase, will they be wasted oneday?
    It Strongly support the one time transfer idea, and strongly agianst the game specific plat Idea.
    MAKING PLATINUM GAME SPECIFIC WILL NOT HELP INCREASE PLATINUM PURCHASE, BUT HURT THE CUSTOMERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

the devs didn't want to. Apple made them do it.

The ToS at Apple says you can't sell something in one game that is for use outside that game. If you bought plat in PL, it has to be used in PL.

They did NOT want to do this. They were forced to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've definitely been critical of STS in the past but come on people this is not their fault and I'm sure a decision that they hated (but were forced) to make. A "for profit" company just rebated all of us any plat we used in beta, every penny. They just ate a lot of money. They did not have to do this. Read the terms of service, they could have just said sorry tough luck to us and been done with it. This had to be thousand of dollars in losses to them, to ask them to do anymore IMO is unfair. Apple forced their hand and STS has made the best out of a bad situation. If they were to do what many are suggesting and allow a onetime transfer or anything of the like, I believe, would violate the very essence of what apple made them do the first place, resulting in even further delays. We can accuse STS of some things but they have showed that being money hungry is not one of them.

Dopeydaddy
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We've are moderating pretty heavily right now. Flames (and sometimes those creating the flames) are being removed. We get that some of you are upset. We are as well. We have done the best we can in this situation. If you really feel the need to discuss it further, please hit us up at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We've are moderating pretty heavily right now. Flames (and sometimes those creating the flames) are being removed. We get that some of you are upset. We are as well. We have done the best we can in this situation. If you really feel the need to discuss it further, please hit us up at support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    Make a rotten apple event in both games!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok so if a transfer is impossible, then what about a refund. Seems like a legitimate way to allow players to have a platinum "transfer".
    Judgementime - 21 operative
    Judgementimee - 1 engineer
    Judgementday- 3 commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you should keep universal plat and release the full game on Android, then watch apple squirm as they get flooded with e-mails asking what the hold up is. Make sure and keep apple posted with how many downloads there have been from the Android Market while apple is being a nit-pick company trying to squeeze every dollar from everyone they can. Android is like the free market world versus the communist IOS that only lets you do things in a way that benefits them.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
    I think you should keep universal plat and release the full game on Android, then watch apple squirm as they get flooded with e-mails asking what the hold up is. Make sure and keep apple posted with how many downloads there have been from the Android Market while apple is being a nit-pick company trying to squeeze every dollar from everyone they can. Android is like the free market world versus the communist IOS that only lets you do things in a way that benefits them.
    AMEN to that!