Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Housing Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Used to be able to join guildmates in their houses and i liked being able to join friends in their friends house.This allowedd meeting new ppl.we just need an individual kick button for rude guests.Like all ppl ,i want many more slots.100 seems a more useful number.Background music would be appreciated also,something relaxing while having a chat.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Coalhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    Perhaps you can make a group of mugs( for shelf or bar) that will only take up one housing space. Also a group of books that stand up, to be used on a shelf. (big enough to fill shelf using one housing slot).....Or you can just give me more housing slots to work with.

Also...I see burlap sacks in the keyls bar I would love to have a stack of burlap sacks(perhaps they contain coffee beans)
    Yes it seems a shame that small items such as candles, tankards and crockery, take up as much "space" as the furniture they sit on. Perhaps such small items could be exempted from the furniture slot total. Another option would be to have them count against a second total, possibly one based on the number of furniture slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I personally feel the upkeep is way too high, especially considering that the tokens are not farmable. For someone to pay such an outstanding amount of plat for a house and then having to pay even more plat to keep it for more than a week, players arent really going to go for those extravagant houses, and many arent going to be able to enjoy anything you will add in the future. I am aware players can exchange daily tokens for upkeep costs, but you cant really earn enough story tokens to keep a house larger than the starter.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huyiscool2 View Post
    how about .... MANNEQUINS....there will be 3 types... war/rouge/mage.... we can put vanities and weapon on it and dress it up as a doll for others to see.!!! good idea no?
    Expanding on this, I agree that mannequins to put armour and vanities would be an interesting idea, possibly even being an extra storage segment.
    Another thing I think would be interesting is a stable, as in the actual stable somewhere in the house (most likely the larger ones), where we can see the pets move around or interact with them for happiness bonus.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Fix rent system!! Seriously! Make it once a month payment or farmable. Or refund my plat. Buying house for so much and then to endure a weekly upkeep and be locked out of house...I can't even liquidated house items to pay rent. I got the scissors out and I'm about to cut up that special credit card I use just for you guys. This is too much. I can't even play around with the pet animacy part because that uses precious holy story tokens.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    Fix rent system!! Seriously! Make it once a month payment or farmable. Or refund my plat. Buying house for so much and then to endure a weekly upkeep and be locked out of house...I can't even liquidated house items to pay rent. I got the scissors out and I'm about to cut up that special credit card I use just for you guys. This is too much. I can't even play around with the pet animacy part because that uses precious holy story tokens.
    I didn't pay upkeep, because 1. Upkeep costs are too high and I am basically not willing to support that and 2. I prefer to use my story tokens for pet animacy. So I am waiting to see if either upkeep fee is gonna be reduced to a reasonable price or estate tokens be made stashable what I'd personally prefer.
    Last edited by Justg; 06-17-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: less drama

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

my alt characters on the same account cannot enter/use my house. :/ could this be changed please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

PAY TO PLAY! THATS TOTALY NOT FAIR! Without platinum i can hage only the smallest type of house that dont give too much buff but i guess the biggest house give so much buffs also increase reroll chance that is like useless for platinum players!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

come on, dont make the stamp cost us something in plats, it should be free to send and receive messages.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

t felt like this post got lost in the shuffle in housing 2.0 thread yesterday so I decided to post it again here

The reason why many (most) people are not into housing is because it is very very expensive. In order to own a Tavern you need to pay 1000 plat (or millions of gold). Ok people would accept that BUT then there is the UPKEEP which is just too expensive for most players. If you have bought the tavern you need to pay 8 estate tokens per week, that means 80plat (or 300k gold). Nobody (ok some are crazy) is willing to pay that much for a house every week.

So in my opinion there are two possible solutions.

1) (compromise) Since you can already farm 2 estate tokens via bard quest and 1 estate token via weekly quest per week a player with a lodge still needs 5 estate tokens (50 plat/~200k). So ofc leave the option to buy them for platinum there but also add some elite quests (which take their time) to farm those. Some players will farm them, some will still buy them. (Just an example, could also put estate tokens with a low but a fair chance in specific f2p chests and make them not-tradeable)

Result: More players own an active house and since not everyone wants to take their time farming them still some would buy them for platinum (or for gold from players who bought them with platinum) and even players who farm them might buy one now and then to get the missing one. --> STS still makes their profit and players have fair chances to take part in the housing system.

2) (Players preferred) Remove the upkeep completely since we had to buy the houses for a lot of plat (gold).

Note: Devs preferred is the way it is now

As a side note: Players who are tried to get forced to pay are not willing to pay anymore, players who are not (means they have a fair chance not having to pay) will much rather pay. As soon as the player feels a pull on his or her purse, he or she will hide it

If the upkeep wasn't so unnecessarily expensive I would buy a house and decorate it too but I ain't do it that way.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks, we are actively watching upkeep costs.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Please remove the cost to reply to received messages. Otherwise, it discourages messages from getting an answer. The only charge for messaging should be to send someone a message.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Please allow the environments to be tradeable, bought a tavern but unable to have nice scenery outside due to it being plat exclusive

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

perhaps u can make the weekly quests depended on the house u currently have

ex.
    u own a starter house, thus weekly quest gives u 1token (and u buy 1 token from bard)
    u own a tavern, thus weekly quest gives u 6tokens (and u buy 2 from bard)

first 2 houses weekly quest provides 1less token than required for a week
    last two houses weekly quests provides 2 less toekns than required
    event specific house (if its in the future) weekly quests provides 3 less tokens than required for the week

^^ do this and we will be happy. and yes we can do the weekly quest even if we dont have a house.

i like the idea of having a secondary house slot for miniture items like candle mug book etc.

^^ would be nice.

one gold based scenery thats doesnt give any stat bonus, for 50k gold or 25k gold
    its a black void i hate, and i dont have plats, u dont have to give any bonus either if u dont want to, just a scencery for gold!
    and add a soothing music (which we can turn off/on) that depends on teh scenery we choose,nice and relaxing.

^^ please

repling to a message should not require a stamp, for a offline convo. stamps would be expensive though.
    individual player kick (once he enter house) expires after 2hrs.

^^ helpful

Coalhouse

To help with furniture placement, I would like there to be a floor grid which appears when in "Edit" mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Vertical Rotation would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I would like to clear up an apparent comunication error...we alorians do not need more furniture Inventory slots! We have asked...nay , begged , for more decor slots in our houses! There simply is not enough slots for the many items that have been introduced. I have no desire to store 500 items, I want to display them!!! Please STS hear our cries.... Booohoohoo sniff sniff.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I would like to clear up an apparent comunication error...we alorians do not need more furniture Inventory slots! We have asked...nay , begged , for more decor slots in our houses! There simply is not enough slots for the many items that have been introduced. I have no desire to store 500 items, I want to display them!!! Please STS hear our cries.... Booohoohoo sniff sniff.
    I couldn't agree more. I am forever having to limit my creativity to fit into the limits of the decor slots available. Hear our cries for more space!! An additional 50 rather than 20 would really help. If not more.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Love the mailbox system! One thing that could help is maybe have a sent section so you can see the messages u have sent ty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In Windmoore I just bought the city package for my cottage...ugh...not compatible. Pls put some kind of info on the vendor that it's only compatible with a tavern. Like in the item description. Thanks! (Sadly, I'm out 100 plat.)
    Last edited by Quew; 07-29-2016 at 08:44 PM.