Thread: Nuri Dex Gear Comparo vs. Custom Recurve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Nuri Dex Gear Comparo vs. Custom Recurve

Hey all....here is my stab at comparing the lvl 60 Glyph Obedience Autobow and Dagger/Shield sets against the lvl 55 Custom Recurve Set.

Assumptions/Facts:
    1. Lvl 61 Pure Dex build
    2. No ring or vanity, except for the +1 damage from my face (booyah!)
    3. Since Balefort Sewers mobs have ~120 armor, I used ~130 armor in the calculations
    4. This assumes you have auto attack going 100% of the time; not really realistic, but for calculation purposes to show the diffs in the sets, it is what it is
    5. This assumes you have lvl 6 Focus and hit it the instant it cools down. If so, you are under the Focus buff for 60% of the time for your Auto attacks
    6. Skill damages were figured with lvl 6 Blast Shot, Repulse Shot, Blinding Shot, and lvl 2 Avian Scream
    7. Due to individual cooldowns, GCD and just the little bit of time wasted targeting enemies or potting, I assumed 6 uses of each skill per minute except for Avian Scream which was 5 (cooldowns were 6-8 seconds per skill, each is 0.5 higher or lower than another skill). Again, maybe not super-realistic, but again it is mostly to compare the sets evenly
    8. I have a lot of equations hidden in the screenshot below, if anyone wants to see the file, PM me and I'll post it on a file hosting site.
    9. The numbers you generally see for 'totals' are for a 5 minute period.

This does not take buffs/debuffs into account, or combos. Finding those numbers out accurately would be a loooong test involving a lot of people.

Hope this helps you choose your set, depending on your budget!

P.S. Pls point out any disagreements/concerns/corrections with the above assumptions or any numbers you see are in error, I tried to make it as fair comparison-wise and accurate as possible.

Name:  Nuri.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  142.3 KB

Because it's kind of hard to read....
    Glyph Dagger/Wing of Obedience Set: 110,955 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Highest damage and armor overall. Lowest Range and base dmg. Lowest skill damage - barely. Best dodge, h/s, m/s"
    Glyph Autobow of Obedience Set: 107,198 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Good overall total damage, better armor than Cust. Longest Range, highest avg base damage. Highest Skill damage. Lowest dodge and h/s barely, decent m/s"
    Custom Recurve Set: 96,968 total possible dmg in 5 mins. "Lowest overall total damage, lowest armor. Good Range, good avg base damage. Skill damage same as Dagger/Wing Set. Avg dodge, good h/s, lowest m/s"

Despite having the lowest or middle stats compared to the Obedience sets, the Custom Recurve Set holds up ok, considering that is a lvl 55 set and the other two are lvl 60.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 09-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Nice comparision. I am sure this would be useful for those who are struggling to hunt or save up enough for lv 60 sets like me . Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneheazatek View Post
    Nice comparision. I am sure this would be useful for those who are struggling to hunt or save up enough for lv 60 sets like me . Thanks!
    Hopefully it helps at least a few people out. With price of Custom dropping, it still is a good set if one can afford it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice work. Care to maybe put in the non sparkle glyph set also? Best if u put in the junk pink sets also. It sure be nice to compare all and get to know the worth of all items! Thanks in advance.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I don't have a Mimicry set, but if someone wants to give me the stats for it (or let me borrow it for about 3 minutes so I can see my skill damages, unless they have the same lvls 6/6/6/2 that I used for this), I can work on those too. As well as the Tamer's sets, I'll try to pick those up. Might take me a couple of days though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dun have that also. No pressure, glad to know u r so willing to help!

+1 repo for u when i get online using pc! Cheers!
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The improvements in the glyph obedience compared to the custom are within expectations.

60 / 55 = 1.090909 ...

So we would expect about a 9-10% increase in total equipment effectiveness. By effectiveness, I mean a combination of damage output and survivability.

Very noteworthy is that for the first time, we have a dagger set that is many ways better than a bow set (not just in DPS), but it stats that matter, while providing a reasonable amount of survivability. Also noteworthy is that the dagger and autobow set (unique for a dex set) have a fairly high mana regen. Dex mages in particular will benefit from this, as will birds who are notorious for their potion usage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes thanks for putting more items to try. i guess sticking with custom till 60 would still be viable option. +1 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I don't have a Mimicry set, but if someone wants to give me the stats for it (or let me borrow it for about 3 minutes so I can see my skill damages, unless they have the same lvls 6/6/6/2 that I used for this), I can work on those too. As well as the Tamer's sets, I'll try to pick those up. Might take me a couple of days though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Outs of everything the Glyph obedience set has/lacks the ONLY thing I wish it had more of was dodge either way I am super excited I just got the last peice (helm ofcourse) but I won't be able to test it out until I get off work ....lol

Great JOB with this BTW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Wonderful work, Moog! Now I'm excited to see the differences of gear when the Nuri equivalent of custom set comes out (hopefully)

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Wow.... just wow! Nice work, Moog!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Nice job Moog!

Lol, I was kind of waiting for Physio to do this. You da Man!
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I am no Physio, haha. That dude is a beast. He actually helped me out a lot with the first thing I did like this with the Henchman vs Sentinel vs RR comparo I did when Sewers came out, so indirectly this is his as well.

I will try and get some of the Tamer's sets data as well, and Mimicry if I can get the number. Would probably have similar but slightly lower stats/ratios as the Obedience, due to the set bonus and slightly higher crit of Obedience pieces...general trend would be the same. For those of you without Custom and under lvl 60, I would def go with any 56/58 Obedience pieces you can get...if I recall it has +1 damage and +1 Crit for each piece, or something like that. I rolled with my Custom almost all the way to 60, as I was using elixirs and the lower armor did not matter as much.

Would be interesting to see how it worked for dex mages and dex bears....obviously Focus would be replaced by Blessing of Might and Rage, and skill damages would have to be redone to match those classes' skillz I am betting the trends/conclusions would roughly be the same though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Would be interesting to see how it worked for dex mages and dex bears....obviously Focus would be replaced by Blessing of Might and Rage, and skill damages would have to be redone to match those classes' skillz I am betting the trends/conclusions would roughly be the same though.
    Blessings of might would add 60 crit and 30 damage buffed. Considering that they are int/dex and int adds 0.02% crit per point versus 0.032%, you would lose perhaps 2% crit. So 2% less crit buffed and 28% more crit than focus buffed with 30 more damage.

Rage adds 30 crit and 60 damage buffed. Considering that str adds 0.03% crit per point versus 0.032% for dex, crit should remain unchanged buffed, although you will have to add 60 damage. Same crit scores unbuffed and buffed, but rage adds 60 damage.

Edit:
    When buffed, the 30 (for mage) and 60 (for bear) need to be added to both weapons and skill damage as they are both improved by their respective buffs.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 09-08-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I don't know if this will help, but:

For level 56 dex mage:

120 Dex; Rest Int; Custom Recurve Set; no facial bonus; 4 damage added from ring
    Min Max
    Heal 106 214
    Ice Storm 181 209
    Frostbite 221 265
    Fire Blast 274 360
    Lightning 267 368
    Drain Life 304 415
    Main Weapon 206 251

Crit is 49% unbuffed and 100% buffed

Other thoughts:
    It is worth noting that the auto bow has a superior range (12m) to the custom recurve (10m), which in turn has a superior range to the dagger (3-4m). Kiting is much more effective on the auto versus the recurve and your will be able to fire at least one (and possibly more) shots in real combat, versus this theoretical situation. You will also not be able to fire as many shots with the dagger and another weakness of the dagger is that it exposes you to melee combat (although partially mitigated by the higher armor), which means kiting is not possible, and that in order to use your main weapon you will be exposed to melee opponents. It should also be noted that you are more vulnerable to being one hit killed with the dagger with the procs seen in many of the Nuri levels.

Given the difficulties of quantifying these variables, I suppose that none of this will enter into Moog's calculations.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 09-08-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Someone had asked for some numbers on the less expensive "trash pinks" to compare against the premium pinks...I won't post another spreadsheet, but came to find out that even the "junk pink" weapons hold up fairly well against some of the premium ($$$) ones.

I didn't have a Glyph Mimicry armor or Mimicry Dagger/Wing, so I just substituted in some random 'trash pink' gear I had with my Glyph Obedience armor, and was surprised by how good they were compared to the pricey stuff.

• Glyph Dagger/Wing of Obedience Set: 110,955 total possible dmg in 5 mins. 10 dodge, 30 h/s, 20 m/s, 195.5 avg base dmg. 488 DPS, 152 armor. Low range/melee.
    • Glyph Autobow of Obedience Set: 107,198 total possible dmg in 5 mins. 6 dodge, 25 h/s, 15 m/s, 248 avg base dmg. 330 DPS, 107 armor. Longest range,
    • Custom Recurve Set: 96,968 total possible dmg in 5 mins. 7 dodge, 26 h/d, 6 m/s. 242.5 avg base dmg. 285 DPS, 86 armor. Longer range than dagger, slightly less than Autobow.
    • Melodic Mimicry Helm, Melodic Autobow of Mimicry, Glyph Armor of Obedience: 101,400 total possible damage in 5 mins. 6 dodge, 19 h/s, 15 m/s, 272.5 avg base dmg. 272 DPS, 101 armor. Range same as Glyph autobow. Highest base dmg of any combination here.
    • Melodic Obedience Helm, Tamer's Bow of Obedience, Glyph Armor of Obedience: 105,629 possible dmg in 5 mins. 6 dodge, 19 h/s, 15 m/s, 267.5 avg base dmg. Same range as Custom Recurve, good base damage.
    • Melodic Obedience Helm, Reptilian Dagger of Obedience, Glyph Armor of Obedience: 107,100 possible dmg in 5 mins. 6 dodge, 24 h/s, 20 m/s, 192.5 abg base dmg. Very similar to Glyph Dagger set, just doesn't have bonus.

Surprisingly, the "trash pinks" I tested did not lag behind the premium sets as much as I expected, or as much as the previous campaigns' trash pinks did behind their premium pinks. I did notice that the Mimicry gear had slightly higher skill damages than the Obedience pieces, which had +1 crit and damage to make up for it.

The numbers are relatively close enough that a skilled player could do very well with some of the cheaper gear, in case they can't afford the more expensive gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just a question. When u calculate with custom recurve set and tamer bow set, do u calculate that 10% of blinding shot weapon proc into the total damage?
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiroununu View Post
    Just a question. When u calculate with custom recurve set and tamer bow set, do u calculate that 10% of blinding shot weapon proc into the total damage?
    I don't think the blind proc adds any damage, it just blinds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

At this point, I think most level 60s could go with the lower end pinks for all classes and be almost as well off as those on the glyph sets. Not to mention the glyph pinks that don't combine to form a set have dropped in price a lot.