Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf korruption!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Just going to chime in that we are reading and following this thread, though we don't have any large comments at the moment while we discuss things about the pet.

Some things I can discuss:

- This week (6/9/16) we will be removing the initial manaburn impact of the pool, so there will be about 0.5 seconds for players to at least react and run before getting mana drained.

- We like the mana drain mechanic, we feel it makes for some strategic plays in PvP and it does have a counter in Stampy. We are debating whether the 10% mana drain is too much for a legendary pet. One of the things we want to preserve is that with multiple korruptions, a coordinated team can capaitalize on all of the korruption mana nukes at once rather than them ignoring the others for example.

- We have discussed the size of the effect being potentially too much in PvP. A reduction of about 20-25% of the area of effect has been discussed.

- We are discussing the functionality of the Heal Over Time prevention. At the moment this removes the heal over time completely as long as you are affected, but the affect drops off after about 0.5 seconds. There may be an adjustment here so that it prevents healing rather than removing the heal completely

So we are reading this and we are aware of the concerns, however we are trying to be careful in how we might adjust the pets ability given players worked hard to earn him during the event and we've put ourselves in troubling spots before overreacting to pet abilities and stats. There might be an adjustment coming, and it might be in one of the areas or some of the areas mentioned above but we're still discussing internally.

Feel free to comment whether you think any of these ideas have merit related to the concerns you are all conveying, but I make no promise that any of this will happen or will happen in the % amounts described above based on other factors. Everything is always subject to change.

- Carapace
    More than anything, it's effect on heal over time is what makes it OP. This is why tanks jugg gets canceled. They still have their damage reduction, but cannot heal themselves when their hp drops below 50%. Same with mage heal. We get the initial health burst, but heal over time is canceled.

I agree that the mana reduction adds strategy to the game, but I think cancelling heal over time makes it a little too OP for a pet that could be obtained by anyone for 3-4 hrs of gameplay during the course of the 1 week event.

My suggestion would be to remove the heal over time completely, and reduce the CD the same as mages heal CD, making well timed korruption AA keep a teams mana permanently down.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I have been reading this thread and I have to voice a observation.

The point I see being made over and over is "no one pet should rule PvP"..but infact nekro has for years...

The other point I see being made is "a free pet should not be this powerful" ..but its OK for a pet that costs 4 or 5 mill to be that power full?

So what I'm getting from this thread is "elite players with elite gold to spend should rule PvP..and everyone else should go suck eggs"

You see..pets are like tools..you use the right one for the job..and if you don't have the right one..you go get it or you can't do the job. Stampy counters this pet..if you can't afford stampy then find another solution. I'm just so tired of seeing people run to the devs to complain every time the game presents a challenge to them...let me refresh your memory

The nerf crawly threads
    The nerf Grimm threads
    The nerf breeze threads
    Even more nerf breeze threads
    And still more nerf breeze threads
    The nerf nekro threads
    The nerf swift threads
    Now the nerf koruption threads

Do you see where I'm going with this..

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I have been reading this thread and I have to voice a observation.

The point I see being made over and over is "no one pet should rule PvP"..but infact nekro has for years...

The other point I see being made is "a free pet should not be this powerful" ..but its OK for a pet that costs 4 or 5 mill to be that power full?

So what I'm getting from this thread is "elite players with elite gold to spend should rule PvP..and everyone else should go suck eggs"

You see..pets are like tools..you use the right one for the job..and if you don't have the right one..you go get it or you can't do the job. Stampy counters this pet..if you can't afford stampy then find another solution. I'm just so tired of seeing people run to the devs to complain every time the game presents a challenge to them...let me refresh your memory

The nerf crawly threads
    The nerf Grimm threads
    The nerf breeze threads
    Even more nerf breeze threads
    And still more nerf breeze threads
    The nerf nekro threads
    The nerf swift threads
    Now the nerf koruption threads

Do you see where I'm going with this..
    Nerf all pet!!! =$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    STG should make a pet that cancels sorcerer shield, let's see if the same people who are asking for pet to be stay this ridiculous have the same opinion on the new pet. ^.^
    I'm pretty sure that pet would also cancel Nekro's shield,Fantasma's shield,Aegis' Shield,Tank's Invincibility shield,Captain America's shield,Agents of the SHIELD,the Mirror Shield,and a forcefield. Pretty much every possible shield there is hehe.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Just going to chime in that we are reading and following this thread, though we don't have any large comments at the moment while we discuss things about the pet.

- This week (6/9/16) we will be removing the initial manaburn impact of the pool, so there will be about 0.5 seconds for players to at least react and run before getting mana drained.

- We like the mana drain mechanic, we feel it makes for some strategic plays in PvP and it does have a counter in Stampy. We are debating whether the 10% mana drain is too much for a legendary pet. One of the things we want to preserve is that with multiple korruptions, a coordinated team can capaitalize on all of the korruption mana nukes at once rather than them ignoring the others for example.

- We have discussed the size of the effect being potentially too much in PvP. A reduction of about 20-25% of the area of effect has been discussed.

- We are discussing the functionality of the Heal Over Time prevention. At the moment this removes the heal over time completely as long as you are affected, but the affect drops off after about 0.5 seconds. There may be an adjustment here so that it prevents healing rather than removing the heal completely

So we are reading this and we are aware of the concerns, however we are trying to be careful in how we might adjust the pets ability given players worked hard to earn him during the event and we've put ourselves in troubling spots before overreacting to pet abilities and stats. There might be an adjustment coming, and it might be in one of the areas or some of the areas mentioned above but we're still discussing internally.

Feel free to comment whether you think any of these ideas have merit related to the concerns you are all conveying, but I make no promise that any of this will happen or will happen in the % amounts described above based on other factors. Everything is always subject to change.

- Carapace
    please dont reduce pool size if you reduced it then it becomes useless, also the 10% mana drain is ok.. They can either have a mana regen sorcs or a vengeful blood skilled warrior, the pet is supposed to be a disruptor and is doing a fine job. Also again please dont remove the negation of heal over time effects we dont want a long clash as it tends to be dull. Korruption is literally a game changer, time it right and you just might win.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

- Carapace
    Please don't reduce the area of effect of this pet. Is useful on PvE too specially on Elite Underhul. It prevents the heal over time orbs of the orc wizards and the Cryostar.

Robhawk

- We are discussing the functionality of the Heal Over Time prevention....
    So we are reading this and we are aware of the concerns, however we are trying to be careful in how we might adjust the pets ability...
    When you start with pets that can cancel or break essential skills like heal over time, juggernaut or mage/rogue shields you will completely destroy PvP! The only class that doesn't rely on shield/heal over time things are rogues...
    Without heal, jugger and shields we are finally at Rogue Legends and this is the day i will completely quit this game because for me PvP always was the most important part of the game.

I know all rogues will cry about this post but its the truth! Without any defense skills its just deal most damage to win and this is and ever will be rogues!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 06-09-2016 at 03:08 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    You're contradicting yourself.

As you have pointed out, samael was king of pvp;
    And in its glory days, I highly concur.
    You also said nightshade "didn't ruin anything" when it was introduced.

So why then would you compare an op pet to another that isn't?

If you're looking for an example, you can clearly see I have placed nightshade in juxtaposition to hammerjaw in my previous reply to Kriticality. Both pets are not op, the basis for comparison is therefore fair.

In that same vein,
    For a game changer pet like sns,
    It naturally follows you need a pet equally powerful in its own rights like korruption.

I can't agree with your rationalisation.

Bottom line it seems your gripe is about korruption being a "free for all" pet. I shall address that in my reply to Binlaggin.
    Sns aint no game changer, it was, it isnt anymore. SnS wasnt that much of a game changer as korruption is, yes the pools are op but you can step out and the effects will be negated, with korruptions its a lot harder to evade the pools and the effects remain even after exiting those pools. You obviously dont know much about endgame pvping.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

You can refer to my reply to Amsosorry regarding my thoughts on tanks' status quo.

Arcane sword unbalances pvp and takes away the fun of it. When playing against tanks, we dps will hardly last and if we get pulled into lava pools, we should know wut happens next. Tanks are not built to dish out high dmg nor make the kills. With arcane sword, no rogues would even last 4 seconds in the pools. Now tanks are stacking themselves and over using the arcane sword. It has taken everything a dps class represented and endowed upon tanks.

I'm in no way trying to derail this thread,
    My line of reasoning however is,
    If a weapon, the arcane sword, can radically redefine the purpose of a class, then I see little reason why not a pet (legendary rarity or otherwise).

You're essentially telling me that tanks turn to mush in less than 4 secs within the pools.

Then, here is an honest question to you:
    In a situation whereby
    1 tank + 3 dps (at least one rogue) VS
    3 tanks + 1 dps
    And both teams are using 3 korruptions, 1 nekro.

Who do you think will win?
    3 tanks, here again we see how little your understanding of endgame really is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

only make it so when you get out of the pools, heal over time works again, no other nerfs plez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

DONT NERF IT! it is only the fighting chance a mage can have.
    besides everybody have korup, so why nerf?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Xstealthxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

+1 Nerfed Korruption. I too have Korruption, hate to used it fot it's very ugly. This free pet should never be more powerful than arcane pet.
    Last edited by Shimada; 06-09-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

If a single pet is the source of significant pvp imbalance, it probably needs to be modified. I doubt STS intended for Korruption to cause this much greif. I like how they are being thoughtful and careful when considering this nerf.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

- Carapace
    I hate the whole idea on heals being cancelled, so imo nerf the heal over time being cancelled by korruption pools
    Last edited by Amsosorry; 06-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

- Carapace
    I also disagree on the whole heal over time being cancel. let the mana reduction apply, but nerf the whole enemies heal overtime being cancel. Tanks needs some sort of heal overtime. if not, nerf just tanks horn and let Juggernaut heal over time apply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

- Carapace

That's not the issue. The issue with this pet is that if you enter the AA pool for even .0001 seconds, then your jugg and heal over time (which horn is all heal over time) will be completely wasted. Every single tank in pvp has glint set, which means that you cannot escape the pools. They will pull you in. So having a .05 second grace period at the start is cool and all, but that doesn't really solve the problem because they will pull you in eventually and the effects of this pet will continue after you leave again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I wouldn't say korruption is a "broken pet".
    But you know wut?
    If your team is outa mana, whoopee!
    So are your opponents.

When the opposing team is equally at the same disadvantaged situation as you are, how isn't this balance?
    Clearly u dont understand what the term "broken" means when it refers to games. So ill challenge u to do the same thing i challenged eagle eye to do.

Set up a 5v5, anybody on either team but try to make it somewhat equal in terms of gear and skill. Let the other team use 3 korruption and atleast 1 nekro, your team can use any pets excluding korruption. Post the scores here then come tell me it isnt a broken pet.

"But you know wut? If your team is outta mana, whoopee! So are your opponents." No. Just no. Your argument is that korruption isnt broken because my team can use it aswell. Just because both teams can use korruption doesnt mean the pet isnt broken. Thats a terrible argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    That's not the issue. The issue with this pet is that if you enter the AA pool for even .0001 seconds, then your jugg and heal over time (which horn is all heal over time) will be completely wasted. Every single tank in pvp has glint set, which means that you cannot escape the pools. They will pull you in. So having a .05 second grace period at the start is cool and all, but that doesn't really solve the problem because they will pull you in eventually and the effects of this pet will continue after you leave again.
    Yes your right, it didn't even seem like a nerf at all smh. IMO they should just completely remove the nuffles on heal over time. or at least let tanks Juggernaut not be effected by the pools

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Lobo View Post
    Please don't reduce the area of effect of this pet. Is useful on PvE too specially on Elite Underhul. It prevents the heal over time orbs of the orc wizards and the Cryostar.
    +1 it's a good pve pet as well

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

- Carapace

Firstly, this is one of the Dev's post with sooo few thanks! (from the time I made this post)
    Secondly, Korruption will be the next Breeze, another useless pet in the stable that won't be used except when were bored.
    Lastly, the pet is amazing! For the free player, its a god send. But of course we were just free players, the plat buyers will always win the favour. So, go ahead and nerf the pet.

I got points to say,
    1. Korruption is not a free pet, everyone who have it surely worked it out from the event or bought it with golds. If you consider those efforts useless, then yes it is free.
    2. Why legendary pet shouldn't over power arcanes? The colors are just rarity, Nightshade is definately stronger than Glacian why not nerf him too?
    3. The pet is working as the Devs intended I would say, its just that the players have not yet coped and adjusted to this pet.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 06-10-2016 at 07:42 PM.